Sponsored

HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club

BillB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep HellaYella Sahara. 3.6L 8-Speed.
My 2019 Hella Yella 2-door Rubicon with manual trans (I get bored) is in D1 status!!
Congrats. My 2018 HY Sahara (ordered 8/18) arrived at the dealer in Vermont today. I'm having the tires swapped out and getting the MOPAR rustproofing done. (VT winters are rough.) Can't wait to drive it away next week!
Sponsored

lagunajim

Congrats. My 2018 HY Sahara (ordered 8/18) arrived at the dealer in Vermont today. I'm having the tires swapped out and getting the MOPAR rustproofing done. (VT winters are rough.) Can't wait to drive it away next week!
Rustproofing!! That's so funny to a guy who grew up in New Jersey but moved to Southern California 25 years ago :))

Enjoy the new vehicle good health & safety! /jim

BillB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep HellaYella Sahara. 3.6L 8-Speed.
Rustproofing!! That's so funny to a guy who grew up in New Jersey but moved to Southern California 25 years ago :))

Enjoy the new vehicle good health & safety! /jim
Newport Beach! Nice. You'll get more days with the top down in a year than I'll see five. Perfect So-Cal car.

lagunajim

Newport Beach! Nice. You'll get more days with the top down in a year than I'll see five. Perfect So-Cal car.
Yep, my doors go on for about 6 days a year and the roof is up a few more than that - I don't mind getting damp unless the rain becomes torrential :)

There's a reason the cost of living is so high out here..

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the wife of the guy from TrailRecon just got a Hella Yella Rubicon:

Brdog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon JL
It’s optional now. I just got mine and it has black interior (although there is red stitching all over the interior still.) I saw another that had the red interior panels. Sales guy said it was now optional.

Dark-R

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Hi all, new here, I ordered my first jeep, rubicon hellayella. I stopped by over 6 dealers and cannot find a single hellayella in stock to look at the color in person.

I placed an order already for the hellayella since I feel it is the best color. However, the more I think about it, the more I search online, the hellayella looks yellow orange? I am not sure anymore, is it yellow like the one from the auto show when you see it in person? Or orange like the other photos posted by owner?

if it is like orange yellow, I hope I still can change my color to white.

Hella-Yella-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-13.jpg

IMG_6948.JPG

Sponsored

lagunajim

Hi all, new here, I ordered my first jeep, rubicon hellayella. I stopped by over 6 dealers and cannot find a single hellayella in stock to look at the color in person.

I placed an order already for the hellayella since I feel it is the best color. However, the more I think about it, the more I search online, the hellayella looks yellow orange? I am not sure anymore, is it yellow like the one from the auto show when you see it in person? Or orange like the other photos posted by owner?

if it is like orange yellow, I hope I still can change my color to white.
This guy refers to the yellow in-person as "..pretty much school bus yellow". I don't know why that particular photo you have looks so orange, but I've had two yellow jeeps before and I expect the new JL I have on-order to be very, very yellow. He is comparing green to yellow... I have the video queued up to the right spot.

Hope this helps you feel more comfortable. You are going to get a YELLOW Jeep :)

UPDATE: The second photo you posted is of the color Punkin' not Hella Yella.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
1DB3671F-753C-4275-ACE1-DF1AE73F88BF.jpeg
Punk’n and Yella side by side. It didn’t seem “orangey” looking to me at all. But def not as yellow as the pic you have. I’m sure that was in super bright lighting as well.

On a side note, they only wanted 63K for this stacked up rocky ridge Sport S. Haha

Dark-R

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
This guy refers to the yellow in-person as "..pretty much school bus yellow". I don't know why that particular photo you have looks so orange, but I've had two yellow jeeps before and I expect the new JL I have on-order to be very, very yellow. He is comparing green to yellow... Hope this helps.

school bus yellow in my mind is orange, lol. I am so confuse now.

Dark-R

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
1DB3671F-753C-4275-ACE1-DF1AE73F88BF.jpeg
Punk’n and Yella side by side. It didn’t seem “orangey” looking to me at all. But def not as yellow as the pic you have. I’m sure that was in super bright lighting as well.
even the photo you posted looks more orange than the video lagunajim posted. don't you agree? I am sure I am not color blind

lagunajim

I think this photo is probably pretty accurate. I call this yellow.

This yellow looks almost exactly the same as the yellow of my 2011 JK. They called it "Solar Yellow".

As I look at photos and videos, how "bright yellow" the HellaYella APPEARS depends on the lighting. Bright, bright sun it looks a little "too yellow", less than bright sun or indoors it looks perfect yellow to me..

Jeep's stock photos of it are in bright light, so it looks very lemon yellow. I don't think it's that in real life.

School bus yellow, by the way, is actually orange-yellow not yellow.

1B2EF98A-1C7E-424C-9FA6-B4031207254F.jpeg

naples jeep.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: