Sponsored

So I'm Gonna Tackle the Mopar Lift Install....any words of wisdom?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Stupig qurstion but if you are replacing all the suspension off a rubi it should end up the same height as any other jl with the same lift right.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yup.

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
How did it end up going? I'm starting tonight.
I installed 2 of these lifts and believe it or not uninstalled one. The install is very doable by an amateur which I considered myself going into the first install. As long as you have all the right tools and a second set of hands, the install is fairly straight forward although the Mopar instructions are useless IMO. Be prepared for some frustration and design flaws along the way. The biggest headache was installing the front passenger side bump stop. Gave me fits until I figured out that you could remove a metal bracket that was holding cables which was positioned right under the metal perch that the coil spring sits on. Once I removed this bracket I could actually get my fingers and tools in under the spring perch to thread the nut that secures the bump stop in place. Then I used a C clamp to grab onto the bump stop in between the coils so that it wouldn't turn as I tightened the nut. Also, make sure you have a good breaker bar to loosen the bolts securing the control arms. These were an absolute Bear to loosen. I thought for sure I blew a blood vessel in my brain as I strained so hard loosening each bolt. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Thanks for the tips.
Sponsored