Status
Not open for further replies.

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
So many beautiful JL's!

Here is my contribution, wish we had nicer scenery around Houston. Mine is mostly a shop queen(Can't find the time to offroad it because I'm always working on her.)
14" Travel coilovers and 40's.

sm.jpg
Beast

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Nice? this type of use I personally don't get, but I support anyone who gets off on "using" their jeep for this kind of "fun"
Well I had to vote for WrongWheelDrive, unlike you Lou2.0, this is about all the off roading looks like here in the Mississippi River delta. I really like traveling into the mountains though. The pic at Cades Cove, TN almost took my vote, fellow TN member.
They all look good though!

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
CE4E7F4B-D043-4A91-82BC-0FC51A6866D6.jpeg

Knik Glacier in Alaska. If you haven’t had the privilege of wheeling the incredible trail to this place, put it on your bucket list. It’ll change your life.
I'm trying to picture the route - from Maine to Alaska, USA or Canada, and ALL the untold stories I would like to hear about !
Oh and see in photo or video . Is there only ONE way to the glacier ? Could you share some of the other photos along the way - with the jeep, of course ! That must of taken at least one month if not an entire Summer . . . and lots of miles on the odometer .
was it a "civilized" trip or did you "rough it" by camping most of your trip ? :like:

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
This was from last weekend.
I was leading our group on a trail that none of us had been on before. This part was a really steep climb out of a canyon. When I got to the top of the of the trail I could not tell what way to go and had to get out to see the trail, good thing I did because it was a good drop downwards hard, hard right. If I had gone straight or left it would have been really bad. This trail was a lot of fun, just had to walk a few parts to be safe.

2011AFDA-5298-419E-A43D-4EA13815998D.jpeg

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I'm trying to picture the route - from Maine to Alaska, USA or Canada, and ALL the untold stories I would like to hear about !
Oh and see in photo or video . Is there only ONE way to the glacier ? Could you share some of the other photos along the way - with the jeep, of course ! That must of taken at least one month if not an entire Summer . . . and lots of miles on the odometer .
was it a "civilized" trip or did you "rough it" by camping most of your trip ? :like:
I moved out here this Summer over the course of a month via 7 national parks, mostly in the US. Took 8300 miles, mostly camping. Drove my wife’s 2018 Compass and bought the JLUR when I arrived (had ordered it before leaving and it was waiting at a dealer in AK). New England, BC, Alberta, WA, MT, WY, SD, and ID all have very picturesque destinations and drives, but AK plays in a different league. Pictures of this place are consistently ineffective at portraying the immense scale of the landscapes, but I’ll do what I can to share new ones each month.

suedr

First Name
sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Here is mine! She's as bad as she looks... First time Jeep owner and I cant see myself driving anything else! :jk: waiting on my warn winch to arrive and installing my LOD rock slider today!

InkedIMG_3827_LI.jpg

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I moved out here this Summer over the course of a month via 7 national parks, mostly in the US. Took 8300 miles, mostly camping. Drove my wife’s 2018 Compass and bought the JLUR when I arrived (had ordered it before leaving and it was waiting at a dealer in AK). New England, BC, Alberta, WA, MT, WY, SD, and ID all have very picturesque destinations and drives, but AK plays in a different league. Pictures of this place are consistently ineffective at portraying the immense scale of the landscapes, but I’ll do what I can to share new ones each month.
Thank you Very Much . . . this is "the stuff" I always look forward to seeing - great way to learn & see of places yet traveled or remind one of places explored ! This could develop into a new thread dedicated to JEEPSTERS TRAVELS & ADVENTURING OFF THE BEATEN PATH ! I had created such a thread over at Jeep Garage a few years ago, when I was doing the research on the updated 2016 WK2 design & PUG V6 - which I did buy. It will be a trade in or private sale for the Sport S JL 4dr. near years end or early 2019 (new color options?) . It was called 'SHOW & TELL . . . .' - I forget the rest of the title; but basically it was wanting members to show their WK2's in off road adventures, Camping, hunting, fishing or just 'overlanding' shots and what gear used- RTT's? 12v fridges? ground tents? Whatever, as long at each photo had the WK2 in the For, or Back-round ! After all it was all about showing off our rigs along WITH the Scenic locations.
Unfortunately, the thread got "highjacked" by a certain member who had the need to use it as a way to Advertise a certain companies products . . . Management, in particular a Florida Moderator gal, flat out used some insulting language and poor judgement ! I was flabbergasted and decided I didn't need the verbal abuse, especially when a few other members, who liked the sales pitches, also chimed in against me . . . so I left ! Oddly, a few months ago I went over their seeing what they had on the JL - looked up the thread . . . had to dig a bit to like page 9 or so to find it, and it had been being used still ! A few weeks after that it was actually on page 1 and the post was more like my original intent - I liked it, but I haven't been back since ! THIS Forum will suffice nicely, as long as we all can get along and respect our differences and take joy in our similarities all will be well ! . . . and that's my "commentary" (apparently & unexpected)
for the day . . . :) :clap:

Last edited:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here is mine! She's as bad as she looks... First time Jeep owner and I cant see myself driving anything else! :jk: waiting on my warn winch to arrive and installing my LOD rock slider today!

InkedIMG_3827_LI.jpg
Looks like Sue's getting prepped for some Adventuring !? tell us, is that the pearl coat off white or the clear coat bright white ? The Pearl White may be something I could get used to !
EDIT / OOPS . . . I misspoke . . . there is no pearl white (yet?) for JL ! I saw that color on a Cherokee Forum for 2019 and it looked good ! Didn't realize it at the time (2016) but (now) a Cherokee TH with the locking rear diff. is actually more capable than my Trail Rated WK2 . . . ouch, bummer - and I built one out (for fun) and it came to $33,605 with the rock rails and the halogens . . . ! ! ! That is ~$10,000 LESS than my current WK2 & about the same for the SPORT S I've built out - without the ability to even get a LED lighting Package ! ? :( Hmmmmm . . .
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.