Sponsored

People that have gone from "sporty" rides to a Wrangler... be honest now... do you regret it?

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Ok I was an owner of a 2016 ZO6 corvette. I also owned 2 more before this one. My second car everyday driver was a Jeep jk 2010. But Nothing compared to my corvette. I mean the compliments I got on my ZO6 corvette were like none I ever got before. It was a beautiful sports car. So let’s talk. I couldn’t drive the corvette anywhere. Couldn’t take it to dinner, movies, events, just anywhere I couldn’t keep my eyes on it. Always worrying that if I parked in a lot or on the street someone would scratch it or just open a door on it. After 3 corvettes I was done. Got rid of it and went and purchased a New Jeep JL. First off I was amazed at the difference in speed and power of new Jeep. I still have the 2010 JK Jeep. Been through a lot with that baby but again this JL wows me ever time I drive it. Here’s the kicker I get more compliments than I did when I owned my corvette lmao. I modified it and really bought out the look of Hot Jeep JL. Ok so it cost a little to up grade but nothing in comparison to the corvette. I do everything with my new JL. Take it out go to movies , dinner whatever and never worry about it getting dented on an opening door on it. Shoot they will get there door dented if opened on my mine. I mean the things a tank period. So NO WAY DO I REGRET MY NEW JL! Love it and love it again.

587E9A70-EB2B-4C0A-BC3A-139F31C2DC15.jpeg
I agree 100%.

The level of worry that comes along with a pristine sports car is barely worth it, and the longer you keep it the less you feel like dealing with it. When I first bought my 911 my wife and I went out to dinner, parallel parked the car right out front, across the street. Sure enough... some 8-9 year old kid decides to repeatedly bash a stick on the tree that was right beside the car. Needless to say I had to interrupt my dinner and go out and move the car.

I’m done living like that, forever.
Sponsored

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
SRT Grand Cherokee in one side of the garage and a JLU in the other...Maybe the best of both “Jeep” worlds?!?!

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.30MinuteSalesCoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
My last car was actually two cars and a motorcycle. One was a Z4 that rarely saw the top go up, and my "winter" car was a 435i (winter, because it had X Drive), and the motorcycle was a F800r. Loved them all, but always wanted a Jeep. My Rubicon ticks the top-off and winter boxes well.

It's funny, but I do not miss those cars that much. Occassionally, I'll have a "sports car would have handled that maneuver better" moment, but my go fast time is over. Too many distracted drivers out there to be a daredevil.

Now... a couple of vehicles ago, I had a VW Golf R. Everytime I see one, I miss it. But I love my Jeep.

Blonson

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JL WRANGLER
Vehicle Showcase
I still have my Lexus IS300 (absolute red, 5 speed) and my Lincoln Aviator. Never got a comment on the Aviator, who would? The IS300 though, I would get compliments often. I never built it or riced it out like a lot of "kids" do, but I kept it very clean. I thought there was an IS300 wave, but not really. It drove nice, wasn't exactly quick, but it is a fun little sporty sedan to cruise around in. It took corners nicely, and the 2JZ engine is smooth and unique. My new JL is out of this world. I've told myself I'd rather be in this Jeep over a Bentley or any other super car. My main reason is that a Wrangler is a working man's car. While everyone is going to turn their head at a Bentley, the second thought across their mind is going to be "rich jerkoff." I've heard of the "wave," but DAMN it gets tiring. In the 3 weeks I've owned it I've had someone back up at red light just to say "that's a nice jeep." I had anther JL owner roll their windows down in the rain to say "that's the color I wanted!" (sting gray). I had some dude in a Honda in front of me wave and give me thumbs up. While I was stopped I over heard a middle aged couple that was walking on the sidewalk say "that's a nice jeep" to themselves. My co workers want ride. It's crazy. I definitely don't regret owning the Jeep. I still own the "sport sedan" but I've hardly driven it since I picked up the Jeep. I look at both of them when I walk out of my condo and I go Jeep every time. I try to consider the mileage and thew warranty I got, but I can't help it. It's literally quicker to put the entire roof back than it is to open the moon roof on my Lexus. The 6speed in the Jeep is a dream. It has get up and go. The leather dash and seats and infotainment is all good quality. Not missing anything from my Lexus or Lincoln. Plus the doors come off! Lexus and Lincoln can't do that! If you want a fast car, get a fast car. But if you want the all around best car, a car that has quirks that no other car is going to have, get a Wrangler. Get a JL.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Corvette Grand Sport......to a Jeep.

I still own my Corvette and I love to drive it. unbelievable acceleration, handles like its on rails, great gas mileage....whats not to like?
But I SERIOUSLY love driving my Jeep TJ (sport) much more. So much more that I purchased a new JL Rubicon.
No kidding some times I am driving down the road singing to my favorite tunes....and I break out in smiles, laughter and some times I even shed a "happy" tear .....that's how much I love my Jeep.
I have my truck, my Corvette, and two jeeps.......I drive all of them...but My Jeep gives me more smiles and happiness than all my previous vehicles. One day I will get rid of the truck....my jeep with a trailer handles everything that my truck will do...maybe I will give my Corvette to one of my boys....but I will always keep my Jeep !

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I've owned a G35, RX8, GTI and recently a SQ5 and F-Pace, I don't miss them at all (ok, maybe the GTI) but I don't regret the Jeep at all. Only thing I regret is maybe not getting the Rubicon but that's just me being greedy.

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
I agree 100%.

The level of worry that comes along with a pristine sports car is barely worth it, and the longer you keep it the less you feel like dealing with it. When I first bought my 911 my wife and I went out to dinner, parallel parked the car right out front, across the street. Sure enough... some 8-9 year old kid decides to repeatedly bash a stick on the tree that was right beside the car. Needless to say I had to interrupt my dinner and go out and move the car.

I’m done living like that, forever.
I feel exactly like you do buddy. I’m done forever! Nicely said!

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
I've owned a G35, RX8, GTI and recently a SQ5 and F-Pace, I don't miss them at all (ok, maybe the GTI) but I don't regret the Jeep at all. Only thing I regret is maybe not getting the Rubicon but that's just me being greedy.
Me to shoulda got a Ruby. Freakin greed gets us all lol

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
After my first wrangler, I bought a brand new mustang GT. Had it for 9 months, traded it in, and went back to a wrangler. Just bought my 4th one. Haven’t regretted it for a minute, other than the fact I took an absolute beating on the trade.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mini Cooper S, where signs telling you to slow down for corners mean nothing. It was a fun ride. Had it for exactly one year. Came back home to the Wrangler, which has a different kind of fun ... and way more practicality.

Sponsored

person500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Moab Edition, 2018 JLU Sahara
Bought my 2013 Jeep JK with a 2011 BMW 330i manual (which I had custom ordered loaded out thinking it was my be-all, end-all dream car) already in the garage. Loved the Beemer but after 6 months with the Jeep I noticed that the BMW had barely left the garage. Sold it, never looked back, now have a JL next to the JK which I gave to my son.

Once in a while—mainly when doing 70+ on a twisty highway—I’ll have a “BMW would be awesome right now” moment. Fleeting moments that fade as soon as I get through the turn. There have been many moments, however—on sand, on dirt, driving through water, in snow, sunny days, rainy days, driving in a mall parking lot, running to the store, hauling an appliance, picking up the kids from soccer, etc., when I think “I’m so glad I sold the BMW and bought this Jeep!”

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
Traded my GTI to get the JL. For a couple months I would miss it on the freeway, but by now I've made so many more memories in my jeep than I did in the 4 years I had my GTI. You will not regret it in the long run. The community, the modding, the sun burns, the breeze, and most importantly the smiles. It's my only vehicle. Use it for everything. It's awesome.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 05 VCA Viper, and a 2006 Turbocharged Lotus Exige shortly before I purchased my first JK Wrangler. While nothing will ever match the pure driving fun of the Exige, it was a nightmare to live with. I'm 6'4", and people would literally laugh at me getting out of it at gas stations. Once I got back in it, and drove away from the gas station the ear to ear grin never went away.
I've had several other more practical Sports cars, but those were the two I had right before I decided I went to a Wrangler. The Viper went first, and as soon as I fell in love with offroading and the Wrangler itself the Lotus went towards paying off my house.

I get to drive customers high end sports cars weekly, and I am always happy to get back into my Wrangler. While my lifted Jeep is nowhere near as fun to toss around corners, there are very few corners where you can really open it up in Houston. I never have to worry about where I park my Jeep in fear that it will get keyed or vandalized. There seems to be a universal love/respect for the Wrangler where as the sports cars people have this idea that you are automatically an a-hole. The Jeep also seems to get nearly as much positive attention as my Viper did. I occasionally spend an hour or more talking to people in parking lots about the Jeep.
I no longer have to worry about curbing my $1k a piece wheels as now I jump a curb and just smile. Top down/door off driving is as close to a motorcycle as you can get in a street legal vehicle. Stuck in traffic and need to go over a median to turn around... No problem

Where I used to enjoy the occasional track days, my wife and kids would have to sit in the paddocks while I go out and have all the fun. With the Jeep we go offroading/camping and everyone gets involved and has a blast(I have 4 younger boys, and the Wife and I both have Jeeps.)

Ever since owning Wranglers I have not had a desire to get back into a Sports Car, although the sound of this V8 Jaguar F-Type S we have in the shop is downright intoxicating. If anything I just wish the Jeep had a V8, not so much for the power but the sound.

The downsides:
Lack of power, but I never have driven my Jeeps like a sports car as it feels like more of a vehicle you cruise in.
The steering/stability takes a little bit getting used to especially in really windy situations.
The sound....
Sponsored