Sponsored

Dealers in the Metro Detroit Area

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Anyone from the metro Detroit area? I'm hoping someone could point me to some good reputable Jeep dealers. As soon as pricing is available I'd like to start looking into the JLU.
Sponsored

Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Anyone from the metro Detroit area? I'm hoping someone could point me to some good reputable Jeep dealers. As soon as pricing is available I'd like to start looking into the JLU.
Many many many people will go to Szott M59 Jeep. If you walk in there and are shopping Jeeps theyll likely point you to Brian Velkey who is a Jeeper himself and goes on many of the trail rides. The service department is more than competent with installing aftermarket parts. Ive purchased other Jeeps from other dealerships in the past but will return to Szott in the future even though I probably have 5 other Jeep dealerships closer. I found its almost comical how little sales people know about Wrangler details when youre shopping around.

OP
OP
iflyimpilot

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Many many many people will go to Szott M59 Jeep. If you walk in there and are shopping Jeeps theyll likely point you to Brian Velkey who is a Jeeper himself and goes on many of the trail rides. The service department is more than competent with installing aftermarket parts. Ive purchased other Jeeps from other dealerships in the past but will return to Szott in the future even though I probably have 5 other Jeep dealerships closer. I found its almost comical how little sales people know about Wrangler details when youre shopping around.
Thanks for the advice! I would definitely agree that having a salesman who is a Jeeper is important. This would be my first ever Wrangler and I have a running list of things that I'd like. I will definitely consider Szott!

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Chicago and been eyeballing Szott Jeep their prices are lowest I’ve seen in the area. Waiting to see how they will do with the JL.

Mukluk

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I know this thread has been dormant for a while but just wanted to check in and see if anyone has had any luck in Michigan.

Sponsored

Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Waiting on the scrambler to debut before plunking down the coin

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I just ordered from Orchard C-D-J in Washington Twp. The sales guy was pretty helpful, Mike Mueller. But I don't have a strong opinion either way on the dealer or their service as this is my first purchase from them. I was recommended Mike by my BIL.

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.30MinuteSalesCoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I have been working with Golling in Bloomfield Hills for a while. Their service has been top-notch on my daughter's Liberty, so I chose them to order from.

I know you can buy from anywhere, and still service anywhere, but these guys have gone above and beyond over the years. And... they are 4 miles away.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I ordered from Golling in Bloomfield Hills. In late March they had four manual trans 4dr Wranglers in stock to test drive or buy when no other dealer in SE Michigan had more than one. They're one of the five largest CDJR dealers in the country, so they can carry a lot of stock. The sales guy, Matt Edwards, is updating me regularly on order status. Good guy.

Rubiconnoisseur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sport, 2018 JlU Sport, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Al Deeby or McInerneys.

Blake at AD is top notch. Bought 2 from him. McInerneys is where I go for service. They are top notch and much closer to home.

Avoid Telegraph Chrysler Jeep at all costs

Sponsored

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
Brian Velkey at Szott is top notch. I wanted one of the first Mojito Rubicons out there and made the deal and got a fair price. Made me a great offer on my Durango trade in also I made most of the deal over Facebook Messenger after he posted it on a JL Faceboook site lol. I drove from NJ to pick it up in Michigan and drive it home, Extremely knowledgeable!

rogo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Automation and Controls
I dealt with Nick Banta from Brighton Chrysler, Jeep, Ram.

I went to 2 other Jeep dealers, but came back to him because he definitely made me feel like he wanted my business more than the others. He was a fluid guy for me to work with and got me exactly what I wanted with no hassle or anything. Love my JL and where I bought it.

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
I ordered my JL 2 Door Rubicon from Szott and Denise McClean [email protected] was our sales person.Denise did a fantastic job and sent us text updates on the JL Status.I previously bought or leased from Golling and Schumann in Walled Lake but both of my sales guys no longer work at either store.

Trail_Bandit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Another thumbs up for Brian Velkey at Szott! Great guy to deal with!
Sponsored