Is the jl your first jeep?

PilotMatt

First Name
Matthew Pavelko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2004 WJ
My 19 JLR will be here in a few weeks and it is my first Wrangler!

kayakingt

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I've always wanted a Wrangler but always had to have a responsible dog hauler since we used to show dogs. Now that I no longer show dogs I have my first Wrangler. No complaints whatsoever. I'm actually a bit obsessed. More obsessed than I was when I had Jeep envy. HA HA My only complaint is that I want to do all mod's now. Previously owned a Liberty & Cherokee.

RubiBlu18

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
My 2018 JLU is my first Jeep. I have driven several Wranglers over the years but had not ever really looked hard at purchasing one. The Unlimited made this more of an option when it came out and it finally was the right time. Love my new RUBICON!!!

FD4CCD01-D949-4C76-B105-2A45A50E3A13.jpeg

rubynm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 4x4 ford van, 86 samurai, 56 ford, 04 ssr, 51 divco, 19 jeep jlrub
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious. With some of the complaints I've read about the new jl it makes me wonder how many people are buying the jl as their introduction into jeeping. I'm not talking about other jeep models like the grand cherokee or patriot. I just want to know if it is your first wrangler.
Hi, this is my first Jeep after wheeling for 50 years with other straight axels 4x4s. Yes, its a lot of money, but am eager to get my Wrangler, a 2019.

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Third, previous CJ5 and JK. They have come a long way, but have enjoyed every one of them.

tianamarie_07

First Name
Tiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport
First wrangler and first Jeep. I had been thinkin about one for a while and my dad got a JL rubicon a few months ago and both him and I fell in love with it so I had to pick one up for myself!! Absolutely love it, no complaints. The biggest problem I have run into so far is the whistle of the light bar I installed. If you know, you know! It’s always gunna be my project but hey now I get to do the official “Jeep wave” LOL

JLcrawler

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Our first jeep wrangler was a JK 2010. So our interior was mostly hard plastic and it had a lot wind noise. We traded it for the JL. The wife said it's too high tech for her but we have no complains. She just doesnt like when she plugs her iphone to USB, it automatically syncs her phone to the radio.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Our first jeep wrangler was a JK 2010. So our interior was mostly hard plastic and it had a lot wind noise. We traded it for the JL. The wife said it's too high tech for her but we have no complains. She just doesnt like when she plugs her iphone to USB, it automatically syncs her phone to the radio.
I use a USB port in the lighter to avoid that, but if she has a long cord, one of the two in the back of the console is usb only, although I don’t remember which one.

Sponsored

BFLYER

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
Will be my first Wrangler - 2019 Sahara ordered.
I purchased a 2018 Grand Cherokee Altitude to replace a 2005 Grand Cherokee this year, although it is technically my wife's vehicle. She's let me drive it once or twice. Now that the Wrangler is on order she is excited about it. She has advised me that if for some reason I get tired of it we can switch!

iamdannysal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
This is my first Wrangler and I love it. No steering issues and no complaints.

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
First Wrangler, third jeep. I had two XJ's back in the day. I love it and have no complaints on or off road.

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, Z06 Corvette, Fiesta ST, Polaris Slingshot
This is my 2nd Wrangler. I had a JK on 40s with currie axles.

254782_10150327293156690_7005382_n.jpg

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tell me more about this lifetime warranty? Where purchased, coverage & price?
I got a $100 deductible lifetime/unlimited mile warranty for $2750 and I think that's about $1000 off retail price. We had previously purchased a 8 yr/60k miles warranty for $1350. I went back to my dealer with 7k miles on my jeep and presented a lifetime quote from a competitor. Their initial reply was it was below cost and most likely couldn't do it, but I told them I would seek a refund of the $1350 if they declined. Usual call to the finance manager and he/she ok'd the price. Otherwise if you search here you don't need to buy from original dealer... Just make sure you do a forum search here. It's a bit of a moving target. I'd shoot for a minimum of $3000 don't pay full retail. Make sure you are buying the FCA mfg warranty and not a private one.
Sponsored