LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Hey LennyV,

You can absolutely do this with the winch installed, but if you do it before or at the same time, it'll be significantly easier. There are two bolts that sit right next to where the winch is and are a very tight fit (pictures with arrow pointing to it). Without the winch installed, they are a piece of cake. I'm actually working with another member and Maximus to touch up the instructions concerning the support brackets because it's a little confusing. I should have those done and up before the weekend. Other than the support brackets, the install is easy and only an hour or so to complete.

supportnut.JPG
Thanks for the picture. I plan on installing the stinger when I do my winch install after reading your good advice. Thanks again! Which warn winch do you have. I am planning on a VR 10-s.

SONofHELGI

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Something that sounds technical, but it's not.
Thanks for the picture. I plan on installing the stinger when I do my winch install after reading your good advice. Thanks again! Which warn winch do you have. I am planning on a VR 10-s.
You're absolutely welcome and glad I can help.

I have the Zeon 10-S Model 89611. With the Zeon 10-S you'll need to make sure it has the 90 deg clutch. I don't know if this is an issue with the VR 10-S or not, so you may want to start a thread asking for anyone who's installed on in the stock bumper and if the clutch has clearance. From what the winch looks like online, my first instinct is that you don't have to worry about the clutch with the VR. Interested to know though.

I'll post up the support bracket write-up before the weekend. Look forward to seeing how your Jeep comes along.

Sponsored

ds4888

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Advertising
Wait...you had the dealer install full leather Katzkin and it only cost $1140?!? Were they leather originally and the dealer kept the old covers?
Yes! I'm surprised more people haven't had it done that way too. I ordered with with every option except leather with the intention of having the red leather installed. But with the cloth interior, you don't get the leather dash (which i plan on ordering and installing myself) and the leather armrests and the awkward gap cover. So there were a few sacrifices.

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
Ordered it in Sting-gray and 6 spd manual.

Opted out of the led light package. Will just order after market when jw speaker makes some. Had jw speaker light in the old JK and im sold on them.

Had 3 miles on it when i went and picked it up. Currently has 181 miles on it now.

Looking forward to taking it out on the trails and testing it this winter.

Old JKU:
cfyOEn.jpg

YWt1wF.jpg

New JLU:
Picking it up:
0AR5fvb.jpg

2KjFzkr.jpg

tRfwE4k.jpg

After first drive:

ZOAsKWn.jpg

eTe7Qmv.jpg

P Casso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SG JLUR
Hi all. Been lurking for so long while waiting for my order.....thanks to all that posted pics. It really helped satisfy my wait, which is almost over. Dealer sent me this pic . She has arrived! Can't wait to meet her !

Screenshot_20180925-184519_Messages.jpg

Sponsored

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
lift/tires make aaaaalll the difference. Now, just get those bumper-to-flare spacer-fillers offa there. That'll give you some growl. It's an easy, no-cost improvement that has a big impact on appearance.
Yes sometimes I miss the details. I have never noticed the bumper to flare spacers. Yes, I have a Rubi so I didn’t notice something that I don’t have, but! Seeing the pics of them I agree, cut, unbolt, unscrew, exacto-knife off wtf ever, get those things gone. You should be able to walk out and see half the guts wires and tubing going to your tire there is in between your bumper and fender!
Sponsored