White JLUR Build

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Used to be a lot more active on the Wrangler forums but noticed a lot more replies on JL - thought I'd start a build forum.

Picked up the JLU Rubicon about 6 weeks ago. Every options except for leather and premium sound. So far installed:

- Mopar front bumper guard
- Maximus-3 front stealth plate
- 30 inch Rough Country LED hood mounted bar
- Rear mopar third brake light relocate

The other week the mopar beadlock wheels came in, finally had a chance to get them painted matte black for contrast. Love everyone running the red rings or body color, wanted to try something different.

I leave tomorrow for work and traveling but when I'm back next week:

- 35 inch KO2s
- Mopar beadlock wheels
- Mopar satin black grill
- Mopar tailgate reinfiorcement
- Mopar tailgate table
- Mopar spare relocate

A lot of mopar parts but have been digging them. After the above is installed going to focus on sound - may even install the alpine upgrade that's an option when ordering.

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Rings painted - being mounted next week to the 35s just waiting on TPMS units and to get back from west coast.

IMG_2203.JPG

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
You really do love the Mopar stuff. :) Nice build. Subscribed and look forward to more.
I fell in love with the mojito JLUR show vehicle that Jeep was showing off - reminds me a lot of the concepts they had years back. Problem is a lot of the parts I ordered because they were more readily available and has been good quality.

Rockers, bumpers etc don't see a need to order right now as I'm not lifting or wheeling while the Rubi sits in NYC.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Did you spray the rings yourself or have them painted? I planned to have mine powder coated, but the turn around time was 2 weeks, so I just threw them on so I could balance and intend to have it done at a later date.

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Had a local shop paint them - think the guy wanted $120 or $140? Know a lot of people powder coat or use rattle can but for the $100 can’t conplain. Excited to get these on next week.

Did you spray the rings yourself or have them painted? I planned to have mine powder coated, but the turn around time was 2 weeks, so I just threw them on so I could balance and intend to have it done at a later date.

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Used to be a lot more active on the Wrangler forums but noticed a lot more replies on JL - thought I'd start a build forum.

Picked up the JLU Rubicon about 6 weeks ago. Every options except for leather and premium sound. So far installed:

- Mopar front bumper guard
- Maximus-3 front stealth plate
- 30 inch Rough Country LED hood mounted bar
- Rear mopar third brake light relocate

The other week the mopar beadlock wheels came in, finally had a chance to get them painted matte black for contrast. Love everyone running the red rings or body color, wanted to try something different.

I leave tomorrow for work and traveling but when I'm back next week:

- 35 inch KO2s
- Mopar beadlock wheels
- Mopar satin black grill
- Mopar tailgate reinfiorcement
- Mopar tailgate table
- Mopar spare relocate

A lot of mopar parts but have been digging them. After the above is installed going to focus on sound - may even install the alpine upgrade that's an option when ordering.

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg
This is just pure beast. Love the Rubicon! I also own a JL. The only thing same about our Jeeps is the color. I have a sport. Some modifications on it. I’ll post soon everthing I’ve done. Your Ruby is the true winner

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Finally had time to go back to my parent's in CT today. Was able to get the KO2s mounted and put on. Also had time to install the mopar tailgate reinforcement, spare tire extension, grab handles and satin grill.

Have the mopar tailgate table left to install along with fabtech shelf for the trunk. At some point will do matching tints for the front and warn winch but done for at least a few weeks.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Cool. Is it removable to paint? Sorry for hijacking the thread here.
The rings come uninstalled with hardware to mount - have to mount the tires without the rings on which is a pain if need later down the road but I thought worth it considering the look and if ever make this a true rock crawler can run them as beadlocks. By far my favorite upgrade I've done on any wrangler I've owned - the mopar wheels on 35s just look insane in person.

If going with these wheels, definitely use a drill or battery powered impact wrench to install the rings.

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Finally had a chance to install the fabtech shelf for back - best investment in terms of use out of aftermarket parts. Installing the shelf for tailgate from mopar soon, that should finish the trunk for now. Don't mind the baby items ;)

IMG_4635.png
Sponsored