Sponsored

After impatiently waiting for flat fenders, I bit the bullet and ordered the eBay special $330 set

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

Yeah, I spray painted them for the that reason. Taking them off to respray them will be easy enough. If I have something else to bedline, I will probably do these as well. I usually use the 2 part Raptor liner for my bumpers/sliders etc and it holds up great to abuse! My fear with the raw aluminum is the oxidation over time.
I would like to find a way to paint the flag.
Sponsored

jl_colllllllorado

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdesertwheelers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 37s
Vehicle Showcase

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
They look like they stick further out, and the tube itself would give less clearance under full articulation.
For me the reason for going to flat fenders is for more clearance for bigger tires.
I think the style you posted give a more finished look, but the "flat" slimmer looking option looks to offer more clearance for bigger tires.

jl_colllllllorado

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdesertwheelers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 37s
Vehicle Showcase
They look like they stick further out, and the tube itself would give less clearance under full articulation.
For me the reason for going to flat fenders is for more clearance for bigger tires.
I think the style you posted give a more finished look, but the "flat" slimmer looking option looks to offer more clearance for bigger tires.
Ahh i see, makes sense, I’m on MC 3.5” 37s and can add bumpstop to control uptravel, started with 3” bumps , I have a similar GenRight fender on my JK and crawl pretty hard, laid my rig on them and they held up , for my style Wheeling I need that extra outer girth haha

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh i see, makes sense, I’m on MC 3.5” 37s and can add bumpstop to control uptravel, started with 3” bumps , I have a similar GenRight fender on my JK and crawl pretty hard, laid my rig on them and they held up , for my style Wheeling I need that extra outer girth haha
I don't think those would hold up as well as the Genright/Poison spyder etc without the inner support some of those higher $ options offer. I've had wide fenders do more damage than good... On my first JK I had a set of bushwacker flat fenders that were just about as wide as the tires. Crawling up a muddy creek bed my rear end slid and lightly kissed the wall. You wouldn't believe the plastic fenders had a tiny nick, but the way the rears mount(Above the factory fender mounting position) it pushed my body panel in a good 1-2" :headbang:

From that point on I vowed to never have fenders wider than my wheels. I wouldn't be saved if I put the Jeep on its side, but I would save my body panels from the less extreme wheeling I do.

I ended up going with the Artec fender chop kit for now until higher clearance options become available(Hint hint @Metalcloak where are your highline fenders :beer:)

With the factory fenders and the lowers removed it seems to provide as much clearance as most of the aftermarket options currently available. Doing some measuring with my current tires I should be able to run very minimal bumpstops extensions, but I may have to trim some of the body(Which I'm fine with.)
Sponsored