Sponsored

Different driving experience after upgrade to 35s (JLUR)

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I tried searching for it but couldn't find any threads on it so asking this question here. I have upgraded my JLUR to Duratrac 35s on 18x9 5BS wheels. While driving at slower speeds (say up to 40mph), I get this feeling that all four sides are kind of running with their own mind, at higher speeds it feels well coordinated. Is this typical of bigger wheels and tires? Or something is not right with my setup?
I do plan to get ECU updated for tire size change later this week.
Thanks!
Sponsored

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
Experiment with your tire pressure. I'm running my E rated 35's at 30 psi. Still quite different than the stock BFG 33's But very tolerable.

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Experiment with your tire pressure. I'm running my E rated 35's at 30 psi. Still quite different than the stock BFG 33's But very tolerable.
I’m running on 34 psi, how are you managing 30 psi? It triggered TPMS warning for me on 30.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
I’m running on 34 psi, how are you managing 30 psi? It triggered TPMS warning for me on 30.
My guess is he has an aftermarket programmer that allowed him to make changes to his TPMS limits.

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
I'm living with it at the moment. I have the annoying light on my dash but it became a part of the routine at start up. Turn jeep on, turn off ess, push the button to make the tire warning go away. I need to get a programmer soon lol
Sponsored