JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Great, just check your exhaust clamp "TIGHT" and that sounds good--

Are you happy with the height of the muffler ??

Have a safe weekend--

JIMBO
Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Yes I was a little worried it would be to low. But it’s good. Sure is a lot lighter in weight than the factory muffler. Have a great safe weekend too!

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Great, just check your exhaust clamp "TIGHT" and that sounds good--

Are you happy with the height of the muffler ??

Have a safe weekend--

JIMBO
I wanted to ask you if you have added a new air intake? If so which one? Thanks

jlr808

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Been following this thread for some time now. Went to a friend’s shop today and removed my muffler. He made me a straight pipe and I added a black tip. It’s a lot louder. Not 100% sure I’m in love with the sound yet... It’s clamped on so I can always put my muffler back or I can buy an axle back later. This should hold me off for a month or 2...

5C8A5B87-36CA-404E-8C80-1B7ACEC9392A.jpeg

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
The hooker exhaust option has a rsb relo in the kit and instructions...
I have the Hooker axle back and there was not a rsb relocation. Not sure about the tail pipe kit, or full kit, but it doesn't look like they do either. (I could be and have been wrong before...)

I would assume all of the tail pipe (sans muffler) kits would sound the same, so I'd go with the cheapest one if that's the route I was going.

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Add me to the club...

Man, what a PITA but it is finally done! I even had an exhaust hanger puller and it was still hard, mostly because of the angles and tight fitment of hands. But it came off finally. I then cut off from the muffler the factory "s-pipe/downpipe" part with the clamp tig welded on it. I used my angle grinder with the big cut-off wheel. Then I hit it with black hi-temp spray paint and let it dry overnight, then clamped it back in place. The cut location I chose gives it a nice downward/outward angle.

The sound is mellow, and sounds really good to my surprise. It can get a bit loud if you really get on it though. I need another person to do a drive-by with it so I can see just how loud it is, but so far my neighbor on the sidewalk didn't even look at me. It's not "Hemi straight pipe loud" but it has some girth to it. Tomorrow's Jeep run should help me decide rather quickly if I will keep it or get something in it's place.

cc @jlr808 and @Jamesmcga

IMG_0642.jpg

jlr808

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Looks good. At the very least, it’s a simple mod and you can’t beat the price!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the Flowmaster 817837 today. Ill toss up video ect once i get it and install it next week.
Did you ever get this installed ?

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Dynomax Super Turbo a couple of months ago from Summit Racing. Price was $379 with free shipping. I have had a chance to put quite a few miles on it since and I am still loving it. The only droning I have had from it have been low rpms and towing a trailer. Otherwise, it has been great!

I tend to shift early into the next gear and will run my Jeep down near and just below 2000 rpm. This causes a drone. If I keep my RPMs up, there is very little drone.

When pulling my utility trailer, the sound reflecting off the trailer also causes a drone. I have the same problem when I tow a trailer with my motorcycle so I know it is a reflected sound problem. Nothing you can really do about this one.

I really like the look of the dual tips and the Dynomax is definitely smaller than the stock muffler. Overall, I am very happy with the muffler and the price point.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I have my stock muffler laying around somewhere, time to try this on my wife's JL. If it's too loud or she can't handle the drone I can always throw her muffler back on :like:
I'm going to be pissed if it sounds as good as my AFE RB exhaust considering what I paid for it, and this essentially being free :swear:

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
On a scale of 1-10 of how great it sounds, its like a 6. It is OK but a little raspy for my taste. Not deep enough. On a scale of 1-10 how loud is it, I'd say it's again a 6. It's got some loud times and some quiet times. I wish it were more consistent. I think any after-market muffler/exhaust will be a bit better in that regard.

I'm looking for a High-Clearance setup. Pypes is coming out with one but they are in the early stages (they said keep checking their site for updates). I've read about fitment issues with MF and FM. I was looking for a cheaper solution than the Borla Climber too.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
On a scale of 1-10 of how great it sounds, its like a 6. It is OK but a little raspy for my taste. Not deep enough. On a scale of 1-10 how loud is it, I'd say it's again a 6. It's got some loud times and some quiet times. I wish it were more consistent. I think any after-market muffler/exhaust will be a bit better in that regard.

I'm looking for a High-Clearance setup. Pypes is coming out with one but they are in the early stages (they said keep checking their site for updates). I've read about fitment issues with MF and FM. I was looking for a cheaper solution than the Borla Climber too.
Well, I had a a couple free minutes and an unused exhaust laying around the shop.
We shall see how my wife feels about it.
Exhaust cut.jpg

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
I’d be interested in what it sounds like by just removing the stock muffler if anyone gets around to a sound clip.
Sponsored