Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

abbyjo

First Name
abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4d Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Detention Officer
Hello everyone!
I'm Abby, from Mississippi. I am definitely new. I bought a 2014 Patriot 4 years ago. The dream finally came true 2 weeks ago and I bought my first Wrangler JLU 4d Sahara! I am still in shock that it is actually mine, haha! I haven't started changing anything yet.....however it is coming!
Sponsored

MSITGUY

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLUL
Occupation
Information Technology
Hello all of the wrangler forums! I've always loved jeeps as a kid but went the 70's bronco route as i couldn't afford a jeep back in the day. I'm now looking to get into a JLU this year or next after seeing a co-workers new Rubicon. I look forward to learning as much as I can from your helpful community and meeting everyone. Greetings from Minnesota!

ACRO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
New to the group, not new to Jeeps. Came here to try and keep up with all the latest and greatest. I run a repair/offroad shop so want to keep up with current info so I can pass it on. Here's my JLU Sport S.

Specs:
2.5" Mopar Lift (for now) with .5" poly spacer added to the front, to keep it more level
37" Milestar Patagonia MT's on Trailready Beadlocks, 5" backspacing
Currie Enterprises AntiRock sway bars front and rear
Savvy Offroad bumpers, Vision X lights, Warn winch
Ace engineering sliders and spare delete (for now)
5.13 gears and ARB air lockers getting installed Monday.

fl.jpg

WJL-2018 JL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have a 2018 JL on order
Seems like membership is growing nicely lately but I didn't see an intro thread, so I'll start!

I'm Rob from NY. I daily a Grand Cherokee and got a project TJ SE that I've had for years and will hopefully keep forever. Was considering a JKU as a weekend outdoor activity car for the family, but figured the JL Unlimited is right around the corner so why not wait. Happy to be here for the last few months following all the great news and coverage of the JL Wrangler.

WJL-2018 JL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have a 2018 JL on order
Just ordered a 2018 jl Sahara September 06 had a 1977 cj7 in 1977 keep it until I got married this will be my first Jeep in over 35 years

Sponsored

Poromenos

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
New guy here. Picking up my first Jeep on Tuesday, a Black 2018 Rubicon Unlimited. Stumbled onto this forum a few weeks ago when researching the wranglers and found so much good information I figured I would join. Pics to follow.

233X Surf

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Hi All, a quick introduction and THANKS!

I'm Jeff, Julie's husband and Jeep wrench. She's a Jeep Girl, for sure. While she's had several, we recently traded her black 2013 JKUR for a new JLU Saraha. I came home from work one day and she was stoked! She had seen a new JLUR with the LED light package and said "let's go get a white one" sooo. When we hit the sales lot to pick out exactly what she wanted, she simply wasn't having the red dash, red leather stitching, and red exterior accent trim of the Rubicon. I thought it was cool BUT a girl likes what she likes... After speaking with both my local Jeep dealers we learned she couldn't get a white JLUR without the red trim. That set the bar and the wheels in motion. We took a few days to regroup then placed our JLU Sahara order in May. While waiting for our JLU to arrive we had the dealer order a complete Rubicon hood assembly and paint to match. We also ordered the Steel Bumper option with skid plate and valance. The rear bumper is still on backorder but should be arriving soon, I hope.

After it finally arrived (6 week lead turned into 13) we've installed a black grill insert to replace the silver, installed a RC spare tire relocation bracket, and (5) Moto Metal MO970s 17x8 +40 offset with BFG AT KO2 285/75-17. Again, a girl likes what she likes, and she didn't want the tires outside the fenders. After buying a test assembly to ensure they would fit without a lift and would meet her liking, I ordered the other 4. It's remarkable how much the handling was improved by this wheel package. I had deflated the factory tires to 36# and it was still tiring to drive. It's truly a different vehicle with the new kicks.

Okay, that's enough for now. We have much more planned but that'll wait until another day.

Thanks a TON for all the knowledge shared on this forum. I've fallen asleep countless nights reading and learning what to expect from the new JLU.

Jeff

Jeep.jpg

Jumpnansouthjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JlU Sahara
I mean 2 hour+ trips stock or modified are a lot of work in terms of comfort. The motor struggles over 70mph to hold and the gearing makes it annoying. Also the Wrangler in general is lose feeling on the highway due to the solid front axel so you find your self doing constant adjustments. Mix in wind and its all over the road.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my wrangler. Its the only vehicle I have owned for more then 2 years (coming up to its 4th B-Day), its just for people that like exploring (I take a lot of road trips for snowboarding, and hiking/camping) its a bit annoying on those long trips. Its totally bearable, but its the biggest issue I have with mine. I'm sure the diesel with more TQ and 8 speed (more gearing) will take care of a lot of that. I just hope they have done some steering/tracking improvements as well.
In my experience, it’s best to eork on better throttle response and airflow to get smother ride over 70 mph

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Greetings everyone. I picked up my Mojito Sport S 2dr on Saturday. 2.0, 8AT, Tech, Cold Weather, Alpine, Premium Soft Top. Coming from an '11 JK. I Dremeled off the Euro fender thingies 12 hours after purchase and already have a bunch of other mods on order. Trying to decide on wheels now. This is a great forum. I hope to be a regular contributor.

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
My Jeep.jpg
Hello all! I've been lurking for about 9 months or so and joined about 4 months ago. I got the Jeep bug while driving in the hills around Vegas in my father in laws '12 Rubicon. Was so excited to get my own last Saturday. First post, so I'll keep it brief...
View attachment 90252

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Whytlytnin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Hi everbody,
just picked up a new JLU sport last week. This is my 3rd jeep. Owned a TJ and JK 2 door previously. Looking forward to seeing everyones builds and starting on mine.

Dr. Jeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Finally! I've only been lurking here for about 5 months. After owning 2 Cherokees and a Liberty, picking up my 1st Wrangler on Saturday :champagne:
Sport S soft top 2.0..avatar will let you know the color :giggle:

Denali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hi world! Finally traded in my Patriot of 7 years for a JLU Sport S. This is my daily driver for now, but I'm planning to pick up a daily commuting car in the next few years.

A Wrangler was always the end goal and I couldn't be more happy with the upgrade. Biggest surprise is that the mileage is much better than I was budgeting for. Can't believe that I'm averaging the same mpg as my Patriot (between 20-23mpg)!

SantiJKK

First Name
Santi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Overland, Mercedes A200d, Kawasaki GPZ900R
Looks great! That front bumper looks different than the US version :)
Ey ! Thank you so much!
You look so great in your Wrangler!, nice colour. Congratulations!
Law here says Wrangler has to wear this type of fender. (Sadly..)
Enjoy your new Jeep! This new Wrangler is fantastic.

8A3CBD7B-FD8A-4F18-81AA-4117C15B9F53.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: