Rough country 2.5 lift pics / reviews

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have a JLU Sport w/take-off upgraded rubicon rims/tires. Does it make sense to get both a Rubicon take-off suspension and the RC spacer lift. Can get the Rubi suspension for $200 locally.

I see some people buy springs/shocks etc with the spacer lift but I'm not exactly sure why?
The Rubicon coils will lift a Sport. So, when you add the 2.5" spacers also, you end up with a 4" lift kit.

Personally, I think that's getting pretty extreme and the ride quality and handling will be atrocious at that point, but hey, to each their own.
Sponsored

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I have a JLU Sport w/take-off upgraded rubicon rims/tires. Does it make sense to get both a Rubicon take-off suspension and the RC spacer lift. Can get the Rubi suspension for $200 locally.

I see some people buy springs/shocks etc with the spacer lift but I'm not exactly sure why?
I actually just did the same myself. The rubicon sits about 1” taller and I wanted the added height so I got a takeoff suspension as well as the RC 2.5 spacer lift. Putting it all on next weekend.

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
The Rubicon coils will lift a Sport. So, when you add the 2.5" spacers also, you end up with a 4" lift kit.

Personally, I think that's getting pretty extreme and the ride quality and handling will be atrocious at that point, but hey, to each their own.
Please explain your reasoning on why this is “extreme” it’s factory rubicon parts plus the spacer lift. So it’s essentially just adding the 2.5 spacer lift to the rubicon... not sure what your thought process is on that? And I’m not bashing your opinion on this but I have seen you be one of the very few critical people in regards to the RC budget lift... all other reviews and comments seem to be that it’s fine. Ride quality does depend on the tires and load range you have. I’ll be running 35 C rate KO2s so I don’t foresee there being some crazy change... Do I expect it to drive EXACTLY the same. No of course not but that’s to be expected. @cmb396 @TTEChris @stuckinohio

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door

Well, would there be a benefit in just using everything but the springs from a Rubicon and a spacer lift to get the added height of the spacer and the better shocks and hardware? I've heard that the control arms are identical and that they are different, so I don't know which is true.

It confuses me that the control arms would be the same between Rubicon and sport if lifting a jeep changes the geometry and would therefore need corrected.

WildCatguy

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
For everyone that has the RC spacer lift, do you need an alignment done after the install?

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
For everyone that has the RC spacer lift, do you need an alignment done after the install?
The only thing you can align is the Toe. Unless it was off from the factory you should not need to adjust it.
I too often see people sell customers on an alignment on a Jeep with non adjustable lift components.... Centering of the steering wheel should be done with the lift kit, but you do not need an alignment rack for that.

Lensync58

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Unlimited Sport
Has anyone seen the ebay guys trying to sell their Rubicon springs and shocks for $1000±? I have to just LAUGH! If you sell it good for you! If your a buyer?? Your dumber than the Boulder I just drove over!! Lol! Goodness people! I just paid $100! Quit paying premium for someone's trash just to say I have Rubicon suspension! Wow big deal!

Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to thank you for posting this honest review and I have sent all your concerns to our development team to see if there are ways to make improvements moving forward. I am sorry for the confusion on the sway bar link hardware, I will make sure that gets address today. If you have any other concerns feel free to reach out to me via email [email protected]
Reading this thread for the first time. I just ordered the RC 2.5 spacer lift and am curious what the outcome is/was after looking into the comments that WXman made. We're any changes or improvements made?

Sponsored

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Considering running the 3.5 spacer kit on a Rubicon with 40s. I've seen the 2.5 fit 38s so I'd assume the 3.5 could fit them.

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Considering running the 3.5 spacer kit on a Rubicon with 40s. I've seen the 2.5 fit 38s so I'd assume the 3.5 could fit them.
We had a customer do it on a Sahara with the 3.5 and they cut the fenders some. I am still praying for their stock axles daily lol.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
We had a customer do it on a Sahara with the 3.5 and they cut the fenders some. I am still praying for their stock axles daily lol.
I will be running stock axles also, so it will be sort of an experiment to see if they hold up. They held up fine on the JK for me, but I don't rock crawl being in Illinois I play in the mud and snow.
Sponsored