Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I apologize in advance but that's f-ugly :puke:
Guess your mama never taught you the ole "if you don't have something nice to say don't say it" thing. Haro I apologies for this guys mouth. Looks cool and if that's the look you wanted fantastic. The wheels look great! Love the long spokes they look great.
Sponsored

FUNJEP

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
2.5 rockcrawler lift.....37’s

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone at all get some very minor vibration at certain speeds with 37s? I do and after 5 balanaces and 2 different sets of 37s I'm just hoping it's the nature of the beast with 37s. Only on less than stellar country roads and 52-55mph.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Hey All,
I decided to post here because I m a new member and cannot start my own thread yet.
I am looking to see of any one who is currently on 37's can give a direct comparison to the drivability of your JL on 37's to that of a 5th Gen 4runner with a 3 inch lift on 285/70/17 tires?

I don't give two shits about MPGs because it is not my DD, but I am on long highway stretches for hours before I reach my off road destinations. I currently have a 2016 4Runner with the aforementioned mods and it's been fine, both on road and off. But....the way these JL reportedly handle 37's is space age to me and I love it.

Before I bought my 4Runner I test drove a JK with 37's and it was terrible. I felt like I was straddling a ballon going down the highway. Is the JL that much better? I am hoping the answer is yes because I want a new project...:)

Reactions: CP3

rtdwild

First Name
Artin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone at all get some very minor vibration at certain speeds with 37s? I do and after 5 balanaces and 2 different sets of 37s I'm just hoping it's the nature of the beast with 37s. Only on less than stellar country roads and 52-55mph.
Used to get that on my 14jkur.
Just got a jlur and the 3.5 lift with 37s are being installed next week.

what tires are you running? I had the same experience on my jl with 35s about the same speed and everyone said its balance issue since wrangler MTRs are hard to balance.

tried many shops to balance and finally 4wheelparts did it the best. it didn't completely go away but it got reduced so much.

so something to look forward to see if it will happen again with the jl next week.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Used to get that on my 14jkur.
Just got a jlur and the 3.5 lift with 37s are being installed next week.

what tires are you running? I had the same experience on my jl with 35s about the same speed and everyone said its balance issue since wrangler MTRs are hard to balance.

tried many shops to balance and finally 4wheelparts did it the best. it didn't completely go away but it got reduced so much.

so something to look forward to see if it will happen again with the jl next week.

First set were 37" ko2 and then now 37" SST Pros. I think mostly it's brought on by worn down country roads as on smooth roads I dont seem to notice it as much if at all. I'm fine with it and it's really minor but discouraging slightly when you get people saying their 37s "ride like stock." Going to play a little more with pressure.

Last edited:

rtdwild

First Name
Artin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
First set were 37" ko2 and then now 37" SST Pros. I think mostly it's brought on by worn down country roads as on smooth roads I dont seem to notice it as much if at all. I'm fine with it and it's really minor but discouraging slightly when you get people saying their 37s "ride like stock." Going to play a little more with pressure.
I usually run at 28-30 psi daily and that was the sweet spot for 35 MT'Rs. You're totally right on wear down but what I noticed was having it balanced a 4x4 shop rather than tire shop. took it to the most advanced tireshop with roadforce balancing but came out shit. also noticed they put crappy weight bars on so every time I'd go to water or mud would lose half of them LOL.

but the 4x4 shop put some nice weights and stayed on for a long time....also keep in mind to do a 5 tire rotate every 3000 miles, that will keep them wear evenly and less balance issues!

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I usually run at 28-30 psi daily and that was the sweet spot for 35 MT'Rs. You're totally right on wear down but what I noticed was having it balanced a 4x4 shop rather than tire shop. took it to the most advanced tireshop with roadforce balancing but came out shit. also noticed they put crappy weight bars on so every time I'd go to water or mud would lose half of them LOL.

but the 4x4 shop put some nice weights and stayed on for a long time....also keep in mind to do a 5 tire rotate every 3000 miles, that will keep them wear evenly and less balance issues!
Thanks! Mine are actually now great, I only get that slight vibration from 52-57ish MPH ONLY when on a crummy country road. I'm happy enough with that and again I appreciate your info.

Here's a few more of mine on SST PRO 37s // Mopar 2 inch with a little flex.

IMG_20180914_110001.jpg

IMG952578.jpg

IMG952590.jpg

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
This is my all-time favorite JL on the internet. Your build makes me want to tear off everything I've done and start over from scratch. Rebel offroad roof rack and pro 6 light bar is in the works for me! Awesome job on this rig

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Thanks! Mine are actually now great, I only get that slight vibration from 52-57ish MPH ONLY when on a crummy country road. I'm happy enough with that and again I appreciate your info.

Here's a few more of mine on SST PRO 37s // Mopar 2 inch with a little flex.

IMG_20180914_110001.jpg

IMG952578.jpg

IMG952590.jpg

Did you notice any power difference on the highway when you went from KO2's to the STT Pro's? I'd love to run the STT Pro's in 37, but I'm worried I'll lose too much power on the highway (60-70 mph driving). Your thoughts?
Sponsored