Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here
1f525.png

Pre-order yours by calling 1-800-845-3567
1f64c.png

OPEN AIR IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.
The Sunrider for Hardtop is the industry's first all-purpose, all-weather, year-round replacement for bulky freedom panels. It fits the NEW JL Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited with a factory hardtop. The unique folding design lets you flip the panel back for an open-sky. Make your Jeep Wrangler a convertible today!

• Available in Black Diamond a $699
  • Available in Black Twill at $849
https://www.bestop.com/sunrider-for-hardtop-jl-wrangler

Happy to answer any questions you have, this fits the two and 4 door JLs with or without your hardtop!

CassieAtBestop

JLSFH3.jpg

JLSFH4.jpg
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Is the pre-order price different from what the sale price will be months from now? I'm seeing complete Trektop NX kits for JK for the price of this sunrider for JL so I'm trying to decide whether to buy this or wait for the complete soft top. Thanks.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
You aren't alone. That's quite a price jump for material.
@mer43
@anotheraznguy

I spoke at length today with Amy at Bestop.

I also did some lets say poking around... asking questions elsewhere.

First off the Sunrider for JL you see in the YouTube Video is the twill offering. It is a much heavier material. The other Sunrider offering, the Black Diamond, is a light weight vinyl.

The twill will flutter way less, be quieter and should handle the outside world/elements better then light weight vinyl.

From what I found out most people pre-ordering, are opting for the twill offering, which is $150 more. I also found out since Monday/yesterday, they have had approx. 25 pre-orders supposedly.

When I first started entertaining the idea of buying I was thinking, go with the less expensive offering. After doing some homework, I decided the twill was the best way to go. You get a better overall product for the $150 so......... well, I mean... if you are already laying out $600+, you might as well get the better fabric, the quieter offering, the one with the longest longevity, etc..

Sponsored

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Totally understand your reasoning. I'm probably going to hold off for a while anyway.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, at that price, I would rather get a full softtop.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would not want a soft top. Been there done that .. to each his own......

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
I would think that a full soft top, especially twill, would be a decent amount more than $849.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

PapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
I would think that a full soft top, especially twill, would be a decent amount more than $849.
Expect twice that, at least. Twill is much nicer and stronger than the standard material. Definitely worth the upgrade if you’re in it for the long haul.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
@mer43
@anotheraznguy

I spoke at length today with Amy at Bestop.

I also did some lets say poking around... asking questions elsewhere.

First off the Sunrider for JL you see in the YouTube Video is the twill offering. It is a much heavier material. The other Sunrider offering, the Black Diamond, is a light weight vinyl.

The twill will flutter way less, be quieter and should handle the outside world/elements better then light weight vinyl.

From what I found out most people pre-ordering, are opting for the twill offering, which is $150 more. I also found out since Monday/yesterday, they have had approx. 25 pre-orders supposedly.

When I first started entertaining the idea of buying I was thinking, go with the less expensive offering. After doing some homework, I decided the twill was the best way to go. You get a better overall product for the $150 so......... well, I mean... if you are already laying out $600+, you might as well get the better fabric, the quieter offering, the one with the longest longevity, etc..

What's $150 anyway amortized over the life of JL ownership?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I hear you @Sgt Beavis but I don't consider the Sunrider and the soft top mutually exclusive products. (I'm a Dual Top Owner).

There are two things, I think, that separate them. The Sunrider, IMHO, will allow you to have a (partially) open roof longer into the warmer seasons for people like me who have 4 seasons, where if I just had the Soft Top and Hard Top I might switch to the complete hard top sooner.

The Sunrider can be closed from within the rig. Granted, Bestop promises an aftermarket complete (fastback) soft top that also has this functionality,

But its factory premium and basic soft tops do not.

I thought that "close from within" difference was silly once too, until my fellow Florida Jeepers schooled me on the nature of "rapid onset Thunderstorms.";)

NashJeepGal

First Name
Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Altitude
I’m interested in purchasing Sunrider fliptop and remember seeing somewhere about military discount?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m interested in purchasing Sunrider fliptop and remember seeing somewhere about military discount?
@NashJeepGal

Contact Bestop Customer Service. Ask the rep you speak to, to give you a Military Discount on your order you will place with him/her.

Call Bestop> 800-845-3567
Sponsored