37's On Rubi with just a lift.

Jljordann922

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7Z06/CHARGER
Who thinks the new JL will be able to handle 37's with just a 3" lift or so. Basically without adding all the other expensive reinforcements that one would need on a JK. It would be 90% Street and 10% offroad with hopes to increase offroading time in future.

I know it's a little premature as no one has the JL yet but now that we know some details maybe some who understand it better would have an idea.
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I think they will easily clear 37's with a 3 inch lift since the Rubicon's can clear 35's with no lift at all. Again, this response pertains to Rubicons, not the other trim levels.

Jern26

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Willys CJ5
I mean if they can clear 35s stock, and a 37" tire has a 1" bigger radius (from the hub to outer edge of tire) theoretically it should clear 37s with a 1" lift, so 2 or 3 would be plenty I'd bet

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
My rub off-road though. I’m going to get 35s run it stock for awhile and when lifts come out get a 2”

OP
OP

Jljordann922

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7Z06/CHARGER
Sorry I know it will fit with a 2 to 3" lift but I want to know more so do you think it will be as expensive to maintain as it is on a JK. Do you think parts will break as quick and it will need as much reinforcement as it would on a JK?

Basically if we slap a lift and 37s (and a regear) do you think the new JL's will handle it well from a maintenace POV.

Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I am not sure regearing for 37s is a foregone conclusion anymore with the new Rubicon.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Sorry I know it will fit with a 2 to 3" lift but I want to know more so do you think it will be as expensive to maintain as it is on a JK. Do you think parts will break as quick and it will need as much reinforcement as it would on a JK?

Basically if we slap a lift and 37s (and a regear) do you think the new JL's will handle it well from a maintenace POV.
To maintain probably just as expensive. Maybe the axles are a little stronger and will hold up longer. But either way the wear you put on a car designed for 31-33” is going to go up exponentially as you add more lift, weight, strain to it.
No you can get away with a smaller lift than a jk which will definitely help. But what do you need 37s for?
Don’t get me wrong I think they look way better with 37s but I don’t want the wear, gas mileage etc of them so I’m going 35s which will be more than enough for the wheeling I plan to do.
Once it is not my DD in 6-8 years I may then put 37s and use it to primarily wheel, overland, etc.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR

I am still going to truss the axles and C gusset the front, just to make sure.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I am not sure regearing for 37s is a foregone conclusion anymore with the new Rubicon.
Agreed, if a re-gear is required to optimize 37's, you probably don't need to go above 4.56.
Sponsored