MA Inspection and upgraded tires

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Ok, here is the MGL snippet covering the law around it:
https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIV/Chapter90/Section19
Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, no passenger motor vehicle shall be operated on any way if such vehicle has the side wall or thread of any tire projecting outward beyond the outer portion of the fender or side body panel, unless such vehicle is equipped with four-wheel drive or is otherwise modified and intended for off-the-way use.

So I got the new shoes installed, stock ones are already sold off, need to get inspection done by Friday. Anything I need to be worried about? I'll keep a print out of this section handy when I go for the inspection.
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
that is the mass law, im sure inspection docs will be miss leading, and the inspector will just make his own rule

print it out and bring it with you just in case, and take it to a shop you know is already easy

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Update- lunch hour seems to be a busy time for inspection lol, stopped by at a place close to my work and he was backed up. Chatted with the owner and he looked at the Jeep and immediately commented that inspection will fail because of the tires. Drove to another place and no issues, in and out in 10 minutes.
Sponsored