Sponsored

JL Wrangler Build and Price Configurator now available on Jeep.com!

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks
Safe to say that Tax, Title, and Registration will be about $2500 bucks altogether.
Tax ~$2400
Title/Registration~$100
Yea
My Invoice $44,212 (includes destination)
Subtract destination - $43,017 (because i dont thinkg TL gives you -1% on Destination fee) and then subtract the -1% for TL discount = $42,586.83
Add my dealer fees ($489) - $43,075.83
Add VA Tax 6% - $45,660.38 (rounded)
Add VA Tag / Title ($57.75) $45,718.13
$5k cash down - $40,718.13
I should get an addition $2500 on my trade at a minimum but since thats a non static guarantee right now I will do both.

$40,718.13 - 75 months @2.49% (Langley Federal Credit Union advertised rate) - $587/month
$40,718.13 - 66 months @1.99% (advertsied rate) - $652/month
$40,718.13 - 60 months @1.49% (advertsied rate) - $705/month

I am hoping to negotiate at least $3,000 over what I owe on trade, and save another $2k down prior to delivery, so my hope is this ballpark:

$35,718.13 - 75 months @2.49% - $515
$35,718.13 - 60 months @1.49% - $618 (I would go this route, screw 15 more months of payments, yea its $100 but i want fast track ownership)

Forgot to add the destination fee back in...so whatever another $15-$20 per month depending on length of loan
Sponsored

foofykid

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Tj
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are just priced to high. In the range of Volvo and a Porsche Macan. I am a wrangler fan this was going to be my 4th one but i dont know if they are worth the price anymore.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Another big reason for the auto is traffic. I get in bumper to bumper traffic in Seattle sometimes and a manual sucks. Plus resale is much higher on an automatic. I've owned several manuals but not any more. You cant get remote start on a manual either.
I would disagree with the statement about resale being higher than a manual.....I had buyers beating down my door t buy my Rubicon. t sold in 48 hrs of listing it on Craigslist for $3500 less than I paid for it 4 years prior.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Another big reason for the auto is traffic. I get in bumper to bumper traffic in Seattle sometimes and a manual sucks. Plus resale is much higher on an automatic. I've owned several manuals but not any more. You cant get remote start on a manual either.
I hear you, driving around Chicagoland area if stuck in traffic, auto is nicer. Otherwise I've driven both, and each has advantages on/off road depending on the situations. My wife actually wants the manual. Mainly I want more info on the quality of the new manual before deciding. Over the years Jeep has installed some nice transmissions and some dogs. Right now we know little about the manual. Searching online for the model number turns up next to nothing. Maybe it will be several months before we know via more in depth tech reviews and user experiences.

Sponsored

Novenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford focus
I think they are just priced to high. In the range of Volvo and a Porsche Macan. I am a wrangler fan this was going to be my 4th one but i dont know if they are worth the price anymore.
With the Wrangler you are getting the most capable off road vehicle available today, a claim that neither Volvo or Porsche can make...and by the way you can take the top, doors and windshield off...which no other manufacturer can claim. To some people this is worth the price of admission.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Procrastinator
I would disagree with the statement about resale being higher than a manual.....I had buyers beating down my door t buy my Rubicon. t sold in 48 hrs of listing it on Craigslist for $3500 less than I paid for it 4 years prior.
I've heard some other commenters mention similar situation selling used JKs. Who are these foolish persons paying that much for used JKs? Do they not research? If I am buying a 4 years old vehicle, then I would want more savings compare to new, else I would come up with the cash to buy new. I mean if they are paying already quite a bit with only $3500 used savings, are they really that strapped for cash they can't come up with or finance an extra few thousand for new? I don't get it.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I had a 2000 TJ manual with 80,000 miles. Sold it this summer for $8,000 (had paid $6600 2 years earlier). I see the point though, I do believe in this day and age of the "commuter Wrangler"....kids dont learn how to drive manual transmissions anymore millenial thing?? Im not saying anything bad its just true, automatics are standard just about everywhere because thats what sells the majority of times....anyways point is an auto will sell quicker than a stick I think from a dealership perspective. I dont think it adds any more value to the resale though.

EDIT: well KBB and NADA will say otherwise of course because its an added option...but in reality, I dont see an auto jeep getting $2k more than a manual at resale just because its an automatic....maybe $100 more lol

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
Gentlemen,from what I see if you go to the main Jeep.com page you do not get the option to "build"a JL, only if you use the links kindly provided on this forum can you build a JL ,my question is,does anyone know if there is a similar link that will allow me to build a JL on the Canadian Jeep.ca site. :)

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
How did you manage that? I got my two door Rubi at $43,270 and that is without knowing the hardtop option nor the turbo engine.

3F3DAEB0-27F5-40CE-B47E-F670E988BADB.jpeg

Or this

B069AB2E-BA93-4C94-91D0-30EF754B6FE4.jpeg
I basically clicked all the options.

Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I've heard some other commenters mention similar situation selling used JKs. Who are these foolish persons paying that much for used JKs? Do they not research? If I am buying a 4 years old vehicle, then I would want more savings compare to new, else I would come up with the cash to buy new. I mean if they are paying already quite a bit with only $3500 used savings, are they really that strapped for cash they can't come up with or finance an extra few thousand for new? I don't get it.
You have to remember, a lot of people mod their Jeep out, so somebody buying one used may like the bells and whistles that have been added. That will help sell an older model over a stock Jeep on the lot somewhere.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Procrastinator
You have to remember, a lot of people mod their Jeep out, so somebody buying one used may like the bells and whistles that have been added. That will help sell an older model over a stock Jeep on the lot somewhere.
Ok that makes sense, if the used Jeep has extra installed items adding value for the buyer.

Coffeebeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ordered!)
What is everyones thoughts on the heritage tan interior? I feel like tan can range from beautiful to puke awful, and can't decide where in the range this falls.

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We are buying a JLUR as a 3rd car. Our primary goal is to have a convertible that is upright/tall, has a powerful engine, and is SAFE. Believe it or not, but our other possible choice was a convertible Vette. The Vette fails because it's low and unsafe. We live at the beach in SoCal, in a land of raised trucks and hot cars. There's seems to be a major accident at least once a week, primary due to speed, but also poor visibility.

I don't think we'll ever take the Rubi off road - other than maybe some gravel fire roads - so it's primary just a goof. But, the Rubi will have a much superior re-sale value, we plan on keeping it forever, and it will be garaged 24/7. In fact, not only are we not getting a hard top, but I plan on keeping the soft top stored down. (We will cover the Jeep with a tarp that can be easily/quickly whipped off when driven.)

If I were in the market for a DD, I'd be looking at either a Honda or Toyota. Both mfgs came out with new, hopped up vehicles for 2018. Either brand can provide AWD. If you need a more capable 4WD, Subi is of course setting sales records.

The point is, Jeep is a great choice under certain conditions. For decades, it provided a fun, moderately priced vehicle that had some personality and could go off-road. However, times change, and obviously FCA has targeted a higher premium market segment ie me. But that doesn't mean there aren't other options - you just have to be open minded.

I've mentioned performance and engine HP before - I highly advise others to test drive some of these vehicles if Jeep isn't an absolute must have. I think many will be blown away at just how fast, quiet and solid they are.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What is everyones thoughts on the heritage tan interior? I feel like tan can range from beautiful to puke awful, and can't decide where in the range this falls.
Ive only seen it on a Red 2 door, and the Mojito so far....both were pretty bad IMO.

Might make more sense when the brown matching top releases later on. Black could work, one of the lighter shade greys/silvers might work. But the red 2 door rubi with a red dash and tan interior was :puke: same for mojito and tan

Dark green would be awesome....kinda 75th anniversary style mix going on.
Sponsored