Vehicle Showcase

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Lil' Hulk got matching LED bulbs installed in Halogen Headlight Lamps today! Got some training on how to do it from @TTEChris (TankCustoms). The installation was really easy, just a few clips and some screws and the results are amazing for the price! The LED bulbs snapped right in! No error code...no flickering!
image-jpeg.jpg
Love the Mojito tow hooks!

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I see Mojito listed in the 2019 order guide. So it's available for 2019??

Sponsored

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
So I was thinking I'd have to order white in the 2019's, but now that Mojito is available...I'm starting to come back in the fold. Couple cool pics I found online. Have not seen anyone do the bumper inserts in Mojito...nows your chance to be the first! I also like the hood decal on the Rubi, ties in the red nicely.

2018-jeep-wrangler-mojito.jpg

37819994_2096723940658323_1228180550087344128_n.jpg

38677757_2132114206798973_8793244767401017344_n.jpg

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
What do you guys think of a plug-in hybrid wrangler? Do you think it would actually sell? I don't see wrangler people going for it.

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
What do you guys think of a plug-in hybrid wrangler? Do you think it would actually sell? I don't see wrangler people going for it.
Gotta recharge this Mojito color so it stays nice and bright ;-) I guess there would be no need to upgrade the exhaust for better sound. Maybe hard core off roaders would shy away from it, but seems they are reliable enough at this point to be a good option.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Well after 122 days from being able to order I finally got my Rubi. After going through a rollercoaster of emotions on the FCA train I am glad I can finally jump up in this thing and ride it for a daily driver. These are my current thoughts on it so far.

Pros: Looks sharp, low road noise, GREAT apps and screen/software interaction - Uconnect is slick, up higher than most/all other vehicles, great engine response/quick, I dig the stop/start system for not wasting gas etc, and most everything else people have posted well before me.

Cons: Terrible gas mileage - getting like 15.5 - 15.8 average (hard on the pocketbook), engine bay SCALDING hot even after sitting for an extended amount of time - the metal on the sides under the hood the fuse box and battery cover all incredibly hot very concerning, some of the leather seems “stretched out” or bubbles up etc just seems cheaper than what is in my wifes subaru (defective?), cruise control shuts off randomly in areas - I think this is due to the road in areas but I swear some roads are worse and it stays on - it displays some system like “disabled due to ETS” or something like that, loose steering issue - THIS is a HUGE one especially at 70 - 75 MPH the thing is like driving a wet noodle sometimes I’m at 10 o’clock and going straight some times I’m at 2 o’clock and going straight I can shake the wheel clockwise from 10 to 2 and counterclockwise from 2 to 10 and the gauge shows 0º and the Jeep doesn’t react making it very nerve racking when changing lanes or the vehicle starts to go to a side and you need to correct it you have to drive with two hands and be 200% attentive at all times or you’re going to total it.

Other than that, sentimental-wise and personal. The Jeep was built on 8/08/18. My sister would have been 31 years old. She died in a single vehicle rollover accident the day after Christmas in 2003. I picked up the Jeep from the dealer on 9/07/18. This was my brother-in-laws wedding anniversary when I stood up with my (now) wife together. This year personally for her and our family has been a struggle dealing with a 2nd recurrence of breast cancer. Doctor appointments since last October, scans, chemotherapy, surgery, radiation, therapy etc. A(nother) rough year. After ordering on May 08 I couldn’t have even planned getting the Jeep this way. I hope to have it for many years and hope it is as reliable as others who have had Jeeps prior.

My dealer was a great guy. He even took pictures from it arriving on the lot throughout the modification process AND had a professional photographer come take some pics it after he drove it up on some hills and gave me a usb drive with all the photos.

Now, some pics (need to take some more good ones yet). I took the top off today for our weather in the 80ºs through the week.

JEEP_J1200_SPECIAL_SHOOT_002.jpg
IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_7489.jpg
IMG_6844.JPG
IMG_4128.JPG

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Well after 122 days from being able to order I finally got my Rubi. After going through a rollercoaster of emotions on the FCA train I am glad I can finally jump up in this thing and ride it for a daily driver. These are my current thoughts on it so far.

Pros: Looks sharp, low road noise, GREAT apps and screen/software interaction - Uconnect is slick, up higher than most/all other vehicles, great engine response/quick, I dig the stop/start system for not wasting gas etc, and most everything else people have posted well before me.

Cons: Terrible gas mileage - getting like 15.5 - 15.8 average (hard on the pocketbook), engine bay SCALDING hot even after sitting for an extended amount of time - the metal on the sides under the hood the fuse box and battery cover all incredibly hot very concerning, some of the leather seems “stretched out” or bubbles up etc just seems cheaper than what is in my wifes subaru (defective?), cruise control shuts off randomly in areas - I think this is due to the road in areas but I swear some roads are worse and it stays on - it displays some system like “disabled due to ETS” or something like that, loose steering issue - THIS is a HUGE one especially at 70 - 75 MPH the thing is like driving a wet noodle sometimes I’m at 10 o’clock and going straight some times I’m at 2 o’clock and going straight I can shake the wheel clockwise from 10 to 2 and counterclockwise from 2 to 10 and the gauge shows 0º and the Jeep doesn’t react making it very nerve racking when changing lanes or the vehicle starts to go to a side and you need to correct it you have to drive with two hands and be 200% attentive at all times or you’re going to total it.

Other than that, sentimental-wise and personal. The Jeep was built on 8/08/18. My sister would have been 31 years old. She died in a single vehicle rollover accident the day after Christmas in 2003. I picked up the Jeep from the dealer on 9/07/18. This was my brother-in-laws wedding anniversary when I stood up with my (now) wife together. This year personally for her and our family has been a struggling dealing with a 2nd recurrence of breast cancer. Doctor appointments since last October, scans, chemotherapy, surgery, radiation, therapy etc. A(nother) rough year. After ordering on May 08 I couldn’t have even planned getting the Jeep this way. I hope to have it for many years and hope it is as reliable as others who have had Jeeps prior.

My dealer was a great guy. He even took pictures from it arriving on the lot throughout the modification process AND had a professional photographer come take some pics it after he drove it up on some hills and gave me a usb drive with all the photos.

Now, some pics (need to take some more good ones yet). I took the top off today for our weather in the 80ºs through the week.
Congrats man!

Reactions: x3L

Sponsored

rameyer84

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Hyundai Sante Fe, 2018 JLUR Mojito!

loose steering issue - THIS is a HUGE one especially at 70 - 75 MPH the thing is like driving a wet noodle sometimes I’m at 10 o’clock and going straight some times I’m at 2 o’clock and going straight I can shake the wheel clockwise from 10 to 2 and counterclockwise from 2 to 10 and the gauge shows 0º and the Jeep doesn’t react making it very nerve racking when changing lanes or the vehicle starts to go to a side and you need to correct it you have to drive with two hands and be 200% attentive at all times or you’re going to total it.
Try letting a little air out of the tires. Mine seemed to wander and find every groove in the road. Mine were at 40 lbs and I aired them down to 35. Much better. Depending on the tire brand you might have to adjust that some to get the best handling and wear.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the new Mojito. Car is looking good straight from the dealer

The gas mileage will get better as you put more miles on it. However you do have 35's

Engine bay is definitely hot. I can barely open my hood at times without gloves for fear of getting burned

One final thing, have you dropped your pressure on the tires? sometimes even going to 30 psi will help w/ the ammount of wandering. I have mine at 30 and it doesnt skip lanes. It now just makes go into the other lanes.

Reactions: x3L

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
So I have NOT dropped PSI yet, it is 37-39 psi. BUT, would a little more PSI really make the app that shows the wheel degrees turning go from showing 0º to showing it turning (between 10 and 2 o'clock?)? I'm skeptical, but have been in talks with others with the same problem (Turfman) that had it fixed and went from white knuckling it to being able to drive with a pinky.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
So I have NOT dropped PSI yet, it is 37-39 psi. BUT, would a little more PSI really make the app that shows the wheel degrees turning go from showing 0º to showing it turning (between 10 and 2 o'clock?)? I'm skeptical, but have been in talks with others with the same problem (Turfman) that had it fixed and went from white knuckling it to being able to drive with a pinky.
Right, you're having the steering issue. I know there is a fix for it but I haven't had the issue so I don't know what it is.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Just hoping I don't crash before service.....booked for two weeks..
Sponsored