Post pics of your Rubicon on 35s no lift

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I'm sure it would have rubbed Off-road/articulated, but never rubbed for daily driving
Even turning, forward and reverse? Shit, my Denali is on 37s w/ a 7-inch lift and rubs :cwl:

Reactions: J0E

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Watch some of the early Lite Brite youtube vids. They did some serious wheeling with a stock no-lift JLUR on 35’s, before they upgraded to 38’s. They claim little to no rubbing. I had no questions after watching these.

Here is the thread to discuss the video: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/video-of-jlur-on-chinaman-gulch.4656/

To save you a lot of time - 35’s work with no lift - even Mopar says this. If you go with 37’s you will need a 2” lift. I am still trying to decide between the 2 options. It’s not a trivial decision, cost is going to be several thousand $ so I want to get it right. I know if I go with 35’s I will always be wondering about 37’s and if I go with 37’s I fear it will be too high.

Last edited:

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
35's and no lift.

20180905_135326.jpg
20180905_135003.jpg

Sponsored

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sometime next week I will have a picture.. finally!

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Watch some of the early Lite Brite youtube vids. They did some serious wheeling with a stock no-lift JLUR on 35’s, before they upgraded to 38’s. They claim little to no rubbing. I had no questions after watching these.

Here is the thread to discuss the video: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/video-of-jlur-on-chinaman-gulch.4656/

To save you a lot of time - 35’s work with no lift - even Mopar says this. If you go with 37’s you will need a 2” lift. I am still trying to decide between the 2 options. It’s not a trivial decision, cost is going to be several thousand $ so I want to get it right. I know if I go with 35’s I will always be wondering about 37’s and if I go with 37’s I fear it will be too high.

Perhaps you'd be happy with a set of 35s that actually measure almost close to 35" actual ( my bfg 315/70 were 33" and my current bfg 37s measure out to 35.2") and a teraflex 1.5" lift. That would have been a hard choice to make for me if that would have been available at the time I was buying lifts and tires.

Sponsored

Uncreative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
accountant
Has anybody with a Rubicon manual tranny mounted 35's, what is your performance or lack there of? Just wondering what two inches in diameter does to your gearing?
Manual transmission does fine, pepper than my old 2014 jku hard rock, even when pulling a small camper. I'm running stock everything, including wheels and tire carrier, except moved over my existing 3/4 tread left pro comp mt xtreme 315/70/17 tires. Did not have dealer program yet, will before winter temps arrive. Only issue is it needs to warm up a couple minutes or there is ZERO power.

So far on easy to intermediate trails, less bumping and scraping than the old jeep on 3" lift and 35s. Love the improved turn radius!!

Ps: my profile pic is the jeep on the pro comps. There was no rubbing on this rti tree.

20180708_113055.jpg

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
What offset? Seems like rubbing because of this, tire is not hiding inside