Sponsored

Official 2019 Wrangler Info Inside

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
When I first went to the dealer for my JL, I did my research and pretty much new what to expect since it's a wrangler and also all the new nice upgrades this one has. It actually took a moment for me to believe they still have the regular exposed fuel caps anyone from the street can just walk by and open. I understand Jeep's heritage, but considering they've accepted and adopted modern features like push-to-start etc, you think this would be a pretty basic stock upgrade.
It’s no different than a non locking fuel door on a lot of vehicles. You can remove the soft top from a Jeep with the doors locked. An unlocked gas cap would be the least of its worries.
Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I’m surprised no one pointed out they promised half doors in 2019 but it’s not listed. Or is it missing because it’s promised for summer of 2019?

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hearing a lot of folks talking about the 'upcharge' from a 2018 JL to a 2019. How much are you speculating? The 2018 JL's starting price was 4k more than the 2018 JK. But, there were way more upgrades from the JK to the JL. I would only imagine the 2018 to 2019 price increase to be between a few hundred and 1k. Should I expect otherwise?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm hearing a lot of folks talking about the 'upcharge' from a 2018 JL to a 2019. How much are you speculating? The 2018 JL's starting price was 4k more than the 2018 JK. But, there were way more upgrades from the JK to the JL. I would only imagine the 2018 to 2019 price increase to be between a few hundred and 1k. Should I expect otherwise?
The order guide is already posted. $100 increase plus $100 more for a few of the options.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just got back from the dealer and placed an order for a 2019 JLUR sting gray. The pricing the dealer had is the same as in the order guide as I'm always skeptical. Overall, the upgrade is not too great although there is a new 'Advanced' safety package which also requires adding the standard safety package.

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
They fix the gutter issue?

Janet C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler
The official 2019 Wrangler info has been released today. Only two changes - advanced safety group gets adaptive cruise / forward collision warning and bikini will be an available color. Mojito is gone. No Powertrain or other changes.

September 1, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
The iconic Jeep® Wrangler – the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world – delivers unmatched off-road capability and is produced with more than seven decades of 4x4 engineering experience. Powertrain options include a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and an all-new 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine. Wrangler continues to offer a body-on-frame design, front and rear five-link suspension system, solid axles, electronic lockers and is one of the few midsize SUVs that offer a six-speed manual transmission in addition to its available eight-speed automatic.

New for 2019:
  • Wrangler’s Advanced Safety Group package now includes adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning
  • Bikini exterior paint color joins the Wrangler lineup

Highlights:
  • Jeep Wrangler’s 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and is engineered to provide a broad torque band
  • Available 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine with eTorque technology delivers 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque
  • Available on Sahara and Rubicon four-door models, Sky One-Touch powertop allows occupants to open or close the Wrangler’s roof with a push of a button. The Sky One-Touch powertop can be used at speeds up to 60 miles per hour (mph)
  • Best-in-class approach angle of 44 degrees, breakover angle of 27.8 degrees, departure angle of 37 degrees and a ground clearance of 10.9 inches help the Jeep Wrangler scale the toughest terrain
  • Wrangler models feature lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders and windshield frame, as well as a magnesium swing gate, to help reduce weight and boost fuel economy
  • The capable driveline of the Sport and Sahara models include the Command-Trac NV241 part-time, two-speed transfer case that features a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio and next-generation Dana front and rear axles. In addition, an optional Trac-Lok limited-slip rear differential provides extra torque and grip in low-traction environments, such as sand, mud or snow
  • The Wrangler Rubicon model features next-generation Dana front and rear heavy-duty axles, enhanced off-road rock rails and the Rock-Trac NV241 two-speed transfer case with a 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio. Wrangler Rubicon also includes electric front and rear locking differentials, disconnecting front sway bar and 33-inch BF Goodrich KM All-Terrain tires, taking the Wrangler to the highest level of capability
  • Wrangler Sahara models offer a Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case with full-time four-wheel drive and a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio. This full-time two-speed transfer case is intuitive and allows the driver to set it and forget it, while constantly sending power to the front and rear wheels
  • Jeep Wrangler’s signature features include iconic round headlamps, seven-slot keystone grille, trapezoid wheel flares, removable doors, exposed hinges with the Torx tool-bit size stamped into it, a fold-down windshield and innovative removable tops that allow the Wrangler to retain the brand’s iconic appearance and function
  • Fourth-generation Uconnect system includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the choice of a 7.0- or 8.4-inch touchscreen with pinch-and-zoom capability. A 5.0-inch screen is standard on Sport
  • Standard electronic stability control (ESC), electronic roll mitigation, trailer-sway control, Hill-start Assist and brake traction control are among more than 75 available safety and security features

Model Lineup
For 2019, the Wrangler lineup consists of four models:
  • Sport
  • Sport S
  • Sahara (4-door only)
  • Rubicon

Available Exterior Colors:
  • Bright White
  • Hella Yella
  • Granite Crystal
  • Billet Silver
  • Black
  • Firecracker Red
  • Punk’n Metallic
  • Sting Gray
  • Ocean Blue Metallic
  • Bikini

Available Interior Colors:
  • Black
  • Heritage Tan
Does anyone know why the half door option is no longer available in the US but is in Canada?

Rckkrwlr

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Diesel confirmed today. Yeehaw!

Phyz

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Frontier NISMO
Speaking of 'some dude on the internet', how did you come to that conclusion about American branded SUV's? I've looked at IIHS and NHTSA, and the data primarily points to your assertion being the kind of the cuff remark I expect from contemptuous Japanese car fanbois, not one based in reality.
Don’t yammer on about glowing reviews you claim to have seen. Link to them.

Here’s what IIHS found when testing midsize SUVs. GMC Acadia does well; Ford and Jeep are at the bottom of the barrel.
https://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/desk...tests-of-midsize-suvs-reveal-some-major-flaws

Sponsored

koallinbear

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Ordered, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
God bless Mojito! being offered on 2019s (even if for a short time). Sad to see the removal of the steel bumpers on the Rubicons although it will probably be available to add later on. Going to place my order for a 2019 Mojito! 4-Door Rubi ASAP, pending if the advanced safety group is available yet.

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
I am just about to buy a 2018 JLU and my friend (a Jeep owner of many years) is recommending I wait and order a 2019 instead. Is there any indications on what sort of changes are coming with the 2019 aside from different color choices and a price increase? I'm not looking for a diesel or 4-cyl. I was about to buy a JLU Sport S with 6-cyl engine, 6-speed manual trans, tech package, tow package, anti-spin differential and hard top.

What are your thoughts about the electronic system and such? I wasn't expecting many changes since it seems like the 2018 has only been out for half a year anyway.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I am just about to buy a 2018 JLU and my friend (a Jeep owner of many years) is recommending I wait and order a 2019 instead. Is there any indications on what sort of changes are coming with the 2019 aside from different color choices and a price increase? I'm not looking for a diesel or 4-cyl. I was about to buy a JLU Sport S with 6-cyl engine, 6-speed manual trans, tech package, tow package, anti-spin differential and hard top.

What are your thoughts about the electronic system and such? I wasn't expecting many changes since it seems like the 2018 has only been out for half a year anyway.
Based on what you're buying, there will be no difference. Except for a couple new engine options, the only change for 2019 is the addition of a couple options on the Safety Package (advance breaking and lane warning). They are also adding a aqua green color which has been somewhat polarizing, and supposedly removing Mojito (the neon green color) from the options. Other than that, no changes except for a $200 increase in the base price. So you're safe to go ahead with the 2018.

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Based on what you're buying, there will be no difference. Except for a couple new engine options, the only change for 2019 is the addition of a couple options on the Safety Package (advance breaking and lane warning). They are also adding a aqua green color which has been somewhat polarizing, and supposedly removing Mojito (the neon green color) from the options. Other than that, no changes except for a $200 increase in the base price. So you're safe to go ahead with the 2018.
yeah, i'm not interested in those other engines. my friend's concern seems to primarily be around buying the first year of a new Jeep (Chrysler) vehicle.
Sponsored