Sponsored

VON to VIN: What’s the longest people are waiting?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
My signature lists is all, but you're not alone in Ontrario. Originally ordered here in Montreal in March, but the order would not go through because FCA Canada would not accept the configuration. In early April, I realized that there would be no order allocation for 2.0L Turbo Rubicon 4-doors, I had my saleman check with FCA and I switched to the 3.6L and had a VON within 15 minutes. VIN was available about a week later. My Wrangler ~should~ be on a train arriving tomorrow (June 18th) and then a few days from the train yard to the dealer (all 10kms).

Throughout the process, the information available on this forum has been more than the dealership can offer. My salesman has even called me a couple of times with clients in his office to ask about features and options. They just don't have the time to focus their efforts on one model when the dealership sells Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, RAM and Fiat. My anxiety is through the roof waiting for this beauty to arrive... Please let it be this week!
Sponsored

thepred

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited 2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Toolman514 where did you get the information that your Jeep was built and arriving tomorrow? Was that send by JEEP customer service?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Toolman514 where did you get the information that your Jeep was built and arriving tomorrow? Was that send by JEEP customer service?
No, from my salesman. Their system has status and dates, but not great detail. Back about the 6th of June he told me KZ-S expected in rail yard June 18th. Re-confirmed last week. I have never contacted Jeep directly to inquire about my status - it just wasn't worth my effort and I didn't want the run-around. My salesman (I hate using the word 'dealer') has always been reasonable prompt with status updates because he knows how eager I am!

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
Today marks 5 weeks and no vin. going to wait another week then start asking around..I was told it could be colour and just not ready to paint that colour yet. But after 6 weeks seems a bit much. Although i have no idea what the process is in the factory. I have order 2 mustangs in the past and both were delivered within the 8 week mark, with forum rep tracking.

Sponsored

GenaL

First Name
Gena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2.0 2-door (Firecracker Red)
I am in Vancouver, BC. Ordered my Jeep Wrangler JL on June 7, got my VIN on Monday - so 5+ weeks. I wish I could track it from this point out, but they won't track the Canadian bound Jeeps like they do for the US. :(

GenaL

First Name
Gena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never got a letter or email. I would love to be able to track it like this. Did you do something to get on this list?

I ordered Jun 1/18. I received the following email this moring:
2018 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA UNLIMITED

VIN: 1C4HJ*************

CASE# 345*****

Dear Jeff,

Congratulations! We are excited you have chosen the 2018 All-New Jeep Wrangler and want to welcome you to the Jeep Family.

We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Wrangler JL and I am here to assist you. Please know that Wrangler JL production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on your unique, specific configuration.

I have taken the liberty of looking up your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order and the current status as of June 15th is the following:

Scheduled – All of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been received and the vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

Our resources indicate your vehicle is estimated to begin production the week of June 18th. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change.

I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide any updates as they become available.

The All-New Wrangler is an epic evolution, where design and technology take a giant leap forward. This Wrangler surges ahead, bringing with it the spirit of freedom and a passion for adventure.

We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product.

Sincerely,

Erin
Jeep Product Information Center

Has anyone else received a letter like this?
Wondering if it really will start being built next week?
How long after build starts are Jeeps being delivered?

GenaL

First Name
Gena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in Vancouver, BC. Ordered my Jeep Wrangler JL on June 7, got my VIN on Monday - so 5+ weeks. I wish I could track it from this point out, but they won't track the Canadian bound Jeeps like they do for the US. :(
My Jeep is built and on the way. I will get it around Aug. 24th.

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
My Jeep is built and on the way. I will get it around Aug. 24th.
Congratulations!
I see from JG that my JLU is just a couple of provinces and days behind yours.
Hit Manitoba this today.
Faster than originally thought.
Was told not to expect it until October.
If we hadn't chosen Mojito!, we would have gone for the Firecracker Red.

Sponsored

GenaL

First Name
Gena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get yours yet?
We are picking up ours tomorrow.
I finally picked mine up yesterday! Was at the rail yard from Aug. 24 - Sept. 4. Had to wait for the dealer to get it before I could pick up. Was the longest wait ever! Well, it seemed like it. Ordered June 7, picked up Sept. 6. So 3 months from order to pick-up.

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
I finally picked mine up yesterday! Was at the rail yard from Aug. 24 - Sept. 4. Had to wait for the dealer to get it before I could pick up. Was the longest wait ever! Well, it seemed like it. Ordered June 7, picked up Sept. 6. So 3 months from order to pick-up.
Congratulations! That was a long wait. Wonder why your dealer took so long?

Our dealer expedited the process for us. We ordered June 25th and it arrived in Vancouver a few days after yours.

Are you enjoying yours?

We took ours on a day long tour around and across southern Vancouver Island, from Mill Bay to Victoria, to Sooke, to Port Renfrew, Lake Cowichan, Duncan and then back home. A great trip. Really pleased with it.
Sponsored