Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
650 miles in:
Dislikes:
Nose dive on hard braking
LED front turn signal out (day 2)
Right foot has to lean way over to press accelerator
No dead pedal (ordered M.O.R.E.)

Mileage: indicated is within 0.1 mpg of calculated - Austin road/city driving
Tank 1 Dealer 89 Octane 17.2
Tank 2 93 Octane 22.2
Tank 3 93 Octane 25.2

Last 2 weeks of this month we'll be hitting the trails in Southern Colorado!

20180906_111132.jpg

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
Wow, heads up to everyone with significant others, don’t let them drive! Wife just asked me “what new vehicle do I want?” ? :( Wait a minute, I thought this was MY daily driver! :crying: She like better that X3 that has same 2.0 and 8 speed! Dang, resist letting them behind the wheel! And we only have 216 miles with 530 to go! Dang!:jk:

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
I have noticed that the 2.0L is listed as a "hybrid" on AutoTrader searches. The eTorque system is not a hybrid. At no point in time does the generator ever provide 100% power to the driveline. The fuel combustion engine is always the main power source. They really have gotten a lot of people confused. Ugh....
Many folks are calling it a 'mild hybrid'.
When I googled
Jeep Mild Hybrid
I got 745k hits.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jeep+mild+hybrid
My mild hybrid is impressing the heck out of me. Yesterday on a 300 km roadtrip on highway, city and backroads around and across southern Vancouver Island, I got over 30 Imperial Miles per gallon.
That converts to over 25 US Miles per gallon
Or 10 L per 100 km.
That was using a combination of Chevron 94 and regular 91 Premium. I'm going to continue putting in the highest grade premium, I can find. As my Porsche friends say,
Put dollars in the gas tank,
And smiles come out.
I am enjoying driving it at least as much as our BMW 335i M-Sport, another twin scroll turbo vehicle that likes premium.
BTW, the BSG (Belt Start Generator) system is mostly unnoticeable. Start to take your foot off the brake, and it starts immediately. The BSG gives you immediate get up and go. The torque off the line is instantaeous.
More on this engine at http://www.greencarcongress.com/2017/12/20171201-jeep.html

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
650 miles in:
Dislikes:
Nose dive on hard braking
LED front turn signal out (day 2)
Right foot has to lean way over to press accelerator
No dead pedal (ordered M.O.R.E.)

Mileage: indicated is within 0.1 mpg of calculated - Austin road/city driving
Tank 1 Dealer 89 Octane 17.2
Tank 2 93 Octane 22.2
Tank 3 93 Octane 25.2

Last 2 weeks of this month we'll be hitting the trails in Southern Colorado!

20180906_111132.jpg
Very similar to my results with a JLU Safari Turbo 2.0.

Sponsored

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
@Budagreg
@lwebs

Thank you both for the positive and well-informed feedback! :like:

I only averaged about 19.1 mpg with my first tank, but after reading both your posts I’m really excited to see how much higher this number will go once I post more mileage (sadly not this weekend - sigh).

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crypto and jeep garage haven't had any tracking activity for days ... factory must be doing annual inventory or switching lines over to new model year .... no updates from anyone at jeep - clone has been sitting at inspection for months ... am retired by end of month so will have time in October to shop around car lots ... day count will be well over 200's by then and will have to start seeing it as an invitation sign from fca for clear lack of intent and to get deposit back ... after going to l.a. car show and waiting for all the release dates it will be pointless waiting past then... meanwhile the story continues for the time being ... it will still be a jeep though ... have many add-ons for it already ... stay tuned :)

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
crypto and jeep garage haven't had any tracking activity for days ... factory must be doing annual inventory or switching lines over to new model year .... no updates from anyone at jeep - clone has been sitting at inspection for months ... am retired by end of month so will have time in October to shop around car lots ... day count will be well over 200's by then and will have to start seeing it as an invitation sign from fca for clear lack of intent and to get deposit back ... after going to l.a. car show and waiting for all the release dates it will be pointless waiting past then... meanwhile the story continues for the time being ... it will still be a jeep though ... have many add-ons for it already ... stay tuned :)
I can't get any updates either. If I don't end up with the Jeep I ordered I wont be getting anything as this Jeep is not something I "Need" I have 3 other vehicles.

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Turbo 2.0L, Toyota Tacoma 15
I can't get any updates either. If I don't end up with the Jeep I ordered I wont be getting anything as this Jeep is not something I "Need" I have 3 other vehicles.
FUHL,

Thanks for the new decals I ordered from you! They look great! Can’t wait to put them on my Jeep! Hope you get your turbo real soon! Take care!

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
FUHL,

Thanks for the new decals I ordered from you! They look great! Can’t wait to put them on my Jeep! Hope you get your turbo real soon! Take care!
You're welcome!
I have fun coming up with new ideas and it helps past the time waiting.

Sponsored

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks like jeep garage has movement ... mine went from i to jb ... maybe a few others did too ... at argus probably for hard top head liner ... looks like it's typically there a day before they going kz ... will have to take back everything bad i said about fca ... both parents lived to very old ages i think by never saying anything bad about anyone - clearly me not so much ... day 194 but more optimistic now :)

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
looks like jeep garage has movement ... mine went from i to jb ... maybe a few others did too ... at argus probably for hard top head liner ... looks like it's typically there a day before they going kz ... will have to take back everything bad i said about fca ... both parents lived to very old ages i think by never saying anything bad about anyone - clearly me not so much ... day 194 but more optimistic now :)
Did you get a window sticker?

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thinking the sticker comes at status kz ... jeep garage showing jb / ingate toletdo rail / ingate ottawa holding yard ... looking at others with that pattern and next step would be argus body vendor (head liner?) after which it gets kz and goes back to ottawa yard to wait for logistics to dealer ... just guessing, but may get kz tomorrow since typically looks like argus is less then a day - so looking for window sticker on cryptosticker late tomorrow or tuesday :)

DEK

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
So two and a half weeks in, drives great, good gas mileage, comfortable, fast, impressive, however the navigation screen has gone dark twice. Tap on it a few times and it comes back, but yesterday it got stuck in backup camera mode and as we were driving forward, we could see everything behind us for a few hundred feet, then went back to normal. Guess I have to make a service appointment. :no:

Jeep your tips up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0 Bright White Dual Tops
3000 kms / 1800 miles and no issues - but have just kept it on the pavement far. Great gas milage - it is a daily, so 90% of the time on the highway.

Would have liked to have seen some "available to driver info" on the turbo (gauge?) and the 48V - (just to see when it is utilized). I know there are after market gauges - but for 50K+ (CDN$) "I want it ALL, and I want it NOW" (Queen rocks - cannot wait for Bohemian Rhapsody this fall!)
Sponsored