What are you doing with your JK?

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
Of course I am going to be getting a JL as soon as the 3.0 is available so I have some time to plan. I was wondering if you guys were planning on trading or selling yourself. My JK is a 2017 with a 2.5 TeraFLex and 35s and I'm not sure I will get what I should for it. Is the used car market going to take advantage of our excitement and underpay us for our JKs or is a huge influx of used JKs going to suppress prices? I am thinking that I may sell the JK now rather than when my JL is available because by this time next year there will probably be a ton of used JKs in the market.
Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Keep it for at least another year. No need to rush for the JL if you have a new JK that sounds sweet! If you are that worried about resale then perhaps sell it but I doubt it will lose significant resale if you keep low miles. There are those that believe the JK market will be good since the new JLs are more expensive driving people to buy JKs instead.

Why did you get a 2017, knowing the JL was coming?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm keeping my 08 JK. It is in great shape with 120,000 miles on it. I have a lifetime powertrain warranty, so I see no need to sell it. I still love it. It will sit in the garage, right next to the JLUR.

OP
OP

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
HAHA I got the 2017 knowing the JL was coming because my wife didn't veto the idea! My JK will not have low miles on it...it already has 24,000 on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
I guess I should expand my story by saying I have a 93 ZJ that I can use for any bad weather and it'll haul me and my stuff to the duck blind. And I found an 08 Lexus with very low miles that would be a lot nicer for all of my work travel. I was also wondering if you guys recouped any of the money you spent on mods.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I sold it in June knowing JL was coming and really glad I did now.............wanted a 2 door again anyway.

IMG_0029.jpg
Nice looking Jeep. I sold mine about six months ago thinking I could easily wait for the new JL..... Has been a tough wait, I've nearly purchased three other JK's in that time. I'm also getting a 2dr.
27367071009_41df1f61bf_b.jpg

OP
OP

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
This is my JK. If anyone wants a good deal she is in perfect condition.

IMG_4992.JPG

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
Adding to the Harem.
I have a built up 2 door that I'm married to.
The only thing missing is an LS3 and a 6l80 since I can't get a Diesel for it.
I'll get a 4 door with the 3.0 and hopefully it with come in an X or Hardrock package.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'll be selling my '08 jku privately. I think I can get at minimum $3,000 more than what the dealer will give me.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Me too selling it privately I hope I can 14-15k for it but it does have a 167,000 on it . Tmakaro what are you going to ask ? I am in san diego so we aren't anywhere near the same market. has your dealer said anything about what he would give in trade?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Me too selling it privately I hope I can 14-15k for it but it does have a 167,000 on it . Tmakaro what are you going to ask ? I am in san diego so we aren't anywhere near the same market. has your dealer said anything about what he would give in trade?
My dealer said he could only give me $14,000 to 15,000 for mine which he said doesn't take into account all the stuff I added. My JKU X only has 118,000 kms and is very clean.

Edit: We have a site called vmrcanada.com that gives you a value of your vehicle. I hope it's accurate :)

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The JK is looking better all the time. Dana 44 rear instead of 35, one piece axle shafts in the front instead of the two-piece on the passenger side, lower price point, more "military" seating position and interior feel, and all the bugs are worked out of it after a decade on the market.

I may actually buy another JK instead of a JL.

theonerunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
The JK is looking better all the time. Dana 44 rear instead of 35, one piece axle shafts in the front instead of the two-piece on the passenger side, lower price point, more "military" seating position and interior feel, and all the bugs are worked out of it after a decade on the market.

I may actually buy another JK instead of a JL.
I feel the same way, only thing holding me up is I'm waiting for JLs to hit the lots so dealers will be even more likely to play ball with their JKs :rock:
Sponsored