FCA Lifetime Warranty Question

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you to all of the people who recommended Tom Winkels for the warranty. I just sent him an email with what I wanted and my Jeep details. One 5 minute phone call later, I had my Max Lifetime warranty with the $100 deductible for $2745.00

For anyone who doesn't feel like scrolling back to find his contact details:

[email protected]
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080
FAX-269.488.2086

I kept my Grand Cherokee until it was 17 years old and hope to keep my Wrangler for even longer so it is worth it to me to have the peace of mind.
Sponsored

Phil_B

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '18 JL 2 Door Rubi; Past: '97 TJ, '08 JK
Occupation
Retired
Just worked with Tom up at Hayes Jeep. Great guy, great price. Highly recommend if you're in the market for the Lifetime plan.

Had my 97 TJ 23 years, JK 5, and now hoping to run the 18 JL Rubi for another 20+.

Phil

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just purchased the lifetime from Tom for the price/details listed above. Great guy - very clear & precise - highly recommend if you decide to get one.

We fall into the group that plans on keeping our Jeep forever ie 15+ years with little/no mods. At some point in the future (say, 6-8 years), even a minor issue could clearly blow past the cost of the warranty, so it makes good financial sense for us.

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Just curious how is the pricing for this plan from your local dealers compared to Tom’s? I do plan to discuss this with my dealer when I go pick my JLUR.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Just curious how is the pricing for this plan from your local dealers compared to Tom’s? I do plan to discuss this with my dealer when I go pick my JLUR.
My dealer matched this price. I just had to show the details to prove it was a real quote.

Sponsored

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My dealer matched this price. I just had to show the details to prove it was a real quote.
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to routine processes. Right there, you added two additional steps: called a second person (your dealer), and had to verify Tom's quote.

With Tom, it took around 1 minute. Well, 4 minutes total if you count the 3 minutes I initially spent on the phone with him yesterday getting the basic details to supplement my 'net research. VIN, CC, wham bam thank you mam.

BTW, we have 5 cars in our family (including an RV), and I have to admit it's kind of a weird feeling knowing we'll never have to pay for any major mechanical/ECM problems going forward on this vehicle.

It's really a judgment call; we have a Toyota that is a rock and needs nothing. The RV is a Chevy chassis that I understand and which my mechanic can repair. Wife has a leased MB with very low miles and is getting rolled over to a Cayman in 12 mos. Son has a Nissan truck that he can/does fix.

But the new Jeep, which combines traditional poor FCA/Jeep workmanship with a load of brand new whizbang features had me a bit concerned about how to approach the maintenance & repair angle. Now that we've put that to bed, it should be smooth sailing.

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Do I need to get ECU re-flashed for swapping to 35 tires to keep this lifetime warranty in-tact? What is everyone doing who decided to move to bigger tires?

Rollbar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 2DR JK Rubicon (dozer) 2018 2DR JL Rubicon (granite) (waiting)
There are multiple lifetime warrentee options, including ones that the dealerships offer that include additional features as long as you keep going to thier dealership. I was offered the 3900(approx) for the 100 deductible for the lifetime max care. I mentioned that I was offered by mopar 2800 approx for the 200 and about 3300ish for the 100 deductible and they reoffered @ 3300 for 100 deductible without hesitation citing matching prices. So definitely price it out in advance and be prepared to talk to the financing person. But good deals are out there.

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Well, I picked my JLUR yesterday and showed Tom's quote to the finance manager. Dealer could not match it, their best price was $3100 for the $100 deductible plan.

MikenDallas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
Anyone know if the sky one touch power top is covered under the lifetime warranty? if it is that would make the option much more appealing to me as I'm a little concerned about the long term reliability of that option

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Anyone know if the sky one touch power top is covered under the lifetime warranty? if it is that would make the option much more appealing to me as I'm a little concerned about the long term reliability of that option
It is covered under the regular Mopar warranty which is the lesser of 36,000 miles or three years. The powertrain has 60,000 miles /5 year coverage.
The Mopar extended maintenance does not cover soft tops from what I could tell.
Great question.
I have owned and worn out three tops over the years. They eventually get cracked and dry. Additionally the mechanisms are prone to high maintenance.

htsai14752

First Name
HTSAI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hope Tom in still around in a year or two.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Hey guys, Just read through this thread, looks like ill be contacting Tom within a week. I was looking through some terms of the warranty and saw this and found it interesting

Excludes: SRT vehicles; Viper; diesel vehicles including Eco Diesel, Ram Cab/Chassis; ProMaster; Hellcat models, Demon models; vehicles equipped with Scat Package; Alfa Romeo vehicles vehicles with dual-rear wheels; vehicles used for commercial use vehicles ordered withbox delete option or where box has been remove; fleet vehicles including police service, taxi, limousine, postal delivery or ambulance service; are not eligible for Lifetime Vehicle Protection, but are eligible for limited year and mileage warranty coverage.

Think they will change this for 2019?

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Hey guys, Just read through this thread, looks like ill be contacting Tom within a week. I was looking through some terms of the warranty and saw this and found it interesting

Excludes: SRT vehicles; Viper; diesel vehicles including Eco Diesel, Ram Cab/Chassis; ProMaster; Hellcat models, Demon models; vehicles equipped with Scat Package; Alfa Romeo vehicles vehicles with dual-rear wheels; vehicles used for commercial use vehicles ordered withbox delete option or where box has been remove; fleet vehicles including police service, taxi, limousine, postal delivery or ambulance service; are not eligible for Lifetime Vehicle Protection, but are eligible for limited year and mileage warranty coverage.

Think they will change this for 2019?
That’s interesting since the diesels are on the way

s2000zr

First Name
mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda ridgeline
Do I have to take my Jeep into a dealer for regular maintenance to keep this FCA lifetime Warranty? Or I can do my own oil change at home?
Sponsored