First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon "THE LLAMA"
Occupation
Automotive Instructional Designer
haha that sticker is awesome. Is that the llama from Fortnite?
It is the fortnite loot Llama! My kids and I play together so when we needed a Llama for THE LLAMA we knew just the right one!
Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Can you give us some info on the gobi rack. I think you're the first person that I've seen that has actually gotten one lol. Did you order the quick disconnects? We purchased one to hopefully work with our soft top with the quick disconnects.

Thanks and beautiful looking jeep :D

OP
OP
YaThatAintRight

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Can you give us some info on the gobi rack. I think you're the first person that I've seen that has actually gotten one lol. Did you order the quick disconnects? We purchased one to hopefully work with our soft top with the quick disconnects.

Thanks and beautiful looking jeep :D
Thanks for the compliment, I attached a copy of my invoice for reference on what I had ordered and what you see. I did not get the quick disconnects.

I think I was one of the first to pre-order and now receive it so I was happy to snap some pics to share as I know several people were waiting for real production pics.

GOBI Invoice.jpg

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the sun roof insert again lol. And when we ordered ours I told myself 8 months lead time. So I may be right around there then :)

Either way looks really nice and sleek. How's the wind noise? I just hope the quick disconnects work with our soft top

Sponsored

OP
OP
YaThatAintRight

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What's the sun roof insert again lol. And when we ordered ours I told myself 8 months lead time. So I may be right around there then :)

Either way looks really nice and sleek. How's the wind noise? I just hope the quick disconnects work with our soft top
The sun roof insert is the mesh rack portion above the freedom panels. Normally the rack is open there so when the freedom panels are removed there is nothing above, however I needed extra storage space for camping so I bought the sunroof insert.

The only noise is above 60 mph, there is a very slight whistle, I have a feeling it is from the slotted holes in the wind deflector. I'm going to tinker with it a bit before I install my light bar, since I'm sure that will introduce some more wind noises to hunt down.

Looking at the quick disconnects and the way the rack mounts in the back I'm certain it'll work to raise and lower the soft top without an issue. I'm curious if there is any more rack movement with the soft top than the hardtop given that the upper stabilizers in the rear press against the top of the hard top, which wouldn't be an option on the soft top.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for all the information! :)

Looks nicely designed like gobi typically does! Just the 8 month lead time is always the worst part. Only have to do it once though!

Love your jeep by the way! My boyfriend really wants 37's and I'm hesitant but they look so good! haha

OP
OP
YaThatAintRight

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you for all the information! :)

Looks nicely designed like gobi typically does! Just the 8 month lead time is always the worst part. Only have to do it once though!

Love your jeep by the way! My boyfriend really wants 37's and I'm hesitant but they look so good! haha
In all honesty the 37's vs the stock 33's made no noticeable difference in drive-ability. I was stuck deciding between 35 and 37 and was glad I went with 37s ultimately!

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In all honesty the 37's vs the stock 33's made no noticeable difference in drive-ability. I was stuck deciding between 35 and 37 and was glad I went with 37s ultimately!
Hows the MPG difference? I know it shouldn't matter at this point but I'm still curious lol.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
He can do pretty much anything you can imagine as the image is printed on the vinyl.

Before we decided to go with THE LLAMA I was planning to go with a Jurrasic Park like theme and had him produce a different sticker. My son didn't like the "drowning long neck" and my daughter didn't "want to look at dinosaurs every trip". So we changed it up! Here was the sticker:

4264F97D-EC1C-4824-A94F-11727575E058.jpeg
What paint did you use for the atlas steps?

Sponsored

Evolved6

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
bad ass project i will be following! im also somewhat local to you, so hope to see the llama around

OP
OP
YaThatAintRight

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hows the MPG difference? I know it shouldn't matter at this point but I'm still curious lol.
I lost between .8 and 1 mpg based on my last 8 tanks.

@YaThatAintRight how was the gobi install? no drilling right? one man job?
You definitely need a second person for the front hoop and the top basket!

What paint did you use for the atlas steps?
I used a high temp metal paint which I didn't like (you can see they aren't on the Jeep now). I think I will repaint them flat black and see how I like the look.