Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
Quick favor. I noticed a spot not painted Mojito but more a metallic silver. Definitely painted. Anyone else? Mine was stuck in Inspection due to supposedly a paint problem. Wonder if they originally painted wrong color.

Look at the square under the place the bar of the back window snaps into. Not Mojito!

54FCBFA3-6B39-4654-A522-2B62F4E721EC.jpeg
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So, according to the post below Jeep is planning to discontinue the Mojito color. I'm stoked that Jeep inherently made our awesome Mojito Wranglers into Limited Editions. But it got me thinking about if they would also discontinue the manufacturing of the Mojito touch up paint.

I know I'm going to be need some touch up paint due to some wheeling excursions, so I went to my dealership today to grab some Mojito touch up paint. They said they didn't have any in Mojito and that there isn't any in stock...anywhere.

If anyone can answer 1 (or all) of the questions below, I'd really appreciate it!!!
  1. Is the official color code "PGE"?
  2. Is the reason that there are no Mopar touch up paint products in Mojito, in stock, because they just haven't started manufacturing the color or have they already discontinued manufacturing the color?
  3. Does anyone know if there are any other suppliers that manufacture Mojito?
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rs-revealed-including-new-bikini-color.14317/
My local O'reilly Auto parts made my Mojito! Paint when i gave them the code for PGE. The mixer came to look at Lil' Hulk prior to mixing. He made it and put it in a spray can. This is what @TTEChris used for my tow hooks and it was his idea/suggestion as O'Reilly had mixed paint for him before. I paid $27.05 for the spray Mojito PGE paint tho. Which to me was worth it because it's almost perfect...same pearl glimmer and everything.

fullsizerender-jpg.jpg

ToledoMojito

First Name
Raihan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLU 2018, Renegade 2017
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
My local O'reilly Auto parts made my Mojito! Paint when i gave them the code for PGE. The mixer came to look at Lil' Hulk prior to mixing. He made it and put it in a spray can. This is what @TTEChris used for my tow hooks and it was his idea/suggestion as O'Reilly had mixed paint for him before. I paid $27.05 for the spray Mojito PGE paint tho. Which to me was worth it because it's almost perfect...same pearl glimmer and everything.

fullsizerender-jpg.jpg
Thats rad! Love that look. Thanks for the info! I'll definitely try O'reilly's.

person500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Moab Edition, 2018 JLU Sahara
Moab is a Sahara but with Rubicon: hood, steel bumpers, rock rails. 17" wheels with 32" M/T tires, LED's and some other special bits. So you are getting the Sahara-only Select-Trac system in a Jeep that looks like a Rubicon - for more money than a Rubi. There's other differences but those are (IMO) the main ones.
Actually your info is incorrect regarding the cost. A Moab edition is about $1500 cheaper than a similarly equipped Rubicon (or would be if selec-trac was a Rubi option).

Why get it? Because some of us want the more road-oriented ride and leather dash of the Sahara but with a little of the aggressive look and/or capabilities that the steel bumper, Rubi hood, rock rails, and m/t tires offer. (Personally I’ll be selling/swapping the m/t tires for a/t). And because it’s a Jeep!

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Quick favor. I noticed a spot not painted Mojito but more a metallic silver. Definitely painted. Anyone else? Mine was stuck in Inspection due to supposedly a paint problem. Wonder if they originally painted wrong color.

Look at the square under the place the bar of the back window snaps into. Not Mojito!

I don't see it in the picture

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle

It’s not paint...reach in and touch it. It’s a foam-like pad that has a shiny surface (most likely to protect it from getting wet). Here is a pic of mine.

EDIT: Speaking of this "snap" area. Mine only truly engages when the back window pulls both side windows in. The side windows won't actually "snap" into this, they keep popping out until I pull them together using the back window. Is this normal?

CBB5C792-0A73-4E68-A784-8C3DADB92B0B.jpeg

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
So, according to the post below Jeep is planning to discontinue the Mojito color. I'm stoked that Jeep inherently made our awesome Mojito Wranglers into Limited Editions. But it got me thinking about if they would also discontinue the manufacturing of the Mojito touch up paint.

I know I'm going to be need some touch up paint due to some wheeling excursions, so I went to my dealership today to grab some Mojito touch up paint. They said they didn't have any in Mojito and that there isn't any in stock...anywhere.

If anyone can answer 1 (or all) of the questions below, I'd really appreciate it!!!
  1. Is the official color code "PGE"?
  2. Is the reason that there are no Mopar touch up paint products in Mojito, in stock, because they just haven't started manufacturing the color or have they already discontinued manufacturing the color?
  3. Does anyone know if there are any other suppliers that manufacture Mojito?
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rs-revealed-including-new-bikini-color.14317/
Do not lose heart... Yes FCA stopped Mojito on Wanglers for 2018 and I got the last Jeep ordered last week. So they have paint. Go to https://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/order-form.cgi or as the other reply said local automotive parts stores.

Now what FCA does it they take this great color and put it on a dog of a Jeep which does not sell in 2020 or so. In 4-5 years will return it to the Wranglers. Jeep has a marketing history of doing this. FYI PPG makes the paint for Mopar so it will be available for years, just no stock in a MOPAR can.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
MF'er, I installed my CB last night and now this morning my ESS requires "service"....It was fine last night, wtf!

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
MF'er, I installed my CB last night and now this morning my ESS requires "service"....It was fine last night, wtf!
Watch the language there, Rubber Ducky! LOL

Sponsored

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
It’s not paint...reach in and touch it. It’s a foam-like pad that has a shiny surface (most likely to protect it from getting wet). Here is a pic of mine.

EDIT: Speaking of this "snap" area. Mine only truly engages when the back window pulls both side windows in. The side windows won't actually "snap" into this, they keep popping out until I pull them together using the back window. Is this normal?

I guess I am not a “reach in and touch it” kinda gal. Heehee. Thx.

And yes, there isn’t any “snap” and they often fall off until the whole configuration is in place. I couldn’t drive with just my back window out. The side ones would hang.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito

Mine doesn't truly snap in but feels snug and doesn't fall out while putting the rest in.

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
Mine doesn't truly snap in but feels snug and doesn't fall out while putting the rest in.
I have struggled with the rear side connections also. If you make sure the long plastic horizontal tab at the bottom of the side window assembly is pointing downward when snapping in the rear corners, they do click nicely. The lower long tab piece can then be snapped into the metal channel. Jeep's directions were not very clear.