Lifted 2 door JL Wrangler photos

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I'm def slow and being overly careful due to inexperience. I've never really worked on cars at any depth, but I'm generally pretty mechanical.

It ended up taking me around 16 hours total, it wasn't really hard, a few difficult aspect littered throughout the process, but it was very time consuming, at least for me. I did it completely alone, I'm guessing I spent at least a few of those hours getting up and grabbing tools.

Evo 2.5" Boost Lift , I had the Overland Kit (Control-arm relocation), but the holes didn't line up in one spot on both brackets. I'll need to deal with that later. It seems like I was doing everything right, thinking maybe its defective, or its an issue with the kit on 2-doors.

Will post better pictures tomorrow, but a preview until then.
IMG_1101.JPG
Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I'm def slow and being overly careful due to inexperience. I've never really worked on cars at any depth, but I'm generally pretty mechanical.

It ended up taking me around 16 hours total, it wasn't really hard, a few difficult aspect littered throughout the process, but it was very time consuming, at least for me. I did it completely alone, I'm guessing I spent at least a few of those hours getting up and grabbing tools.

Evo 2.5" Boost Lift , I had the Overland Kit (Control-arm relocation), but the holes didn't line up in one spot on both brackets. I'll need to deal with that later. It seems like I was doing everything right, thinking maybe its defective, or its an issue with the kit on 2-doors.

Will post better pictures tomorrow, but a preview until then.
IMG_1101.JPG
That vette! :involve:

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
@stino Thanks for posts! When you get a change to put up pics of the finished product, please, give wheel/tire specs and how much "poke" you get.

x_captain_kaos_x

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 18 JL 2DR Sport S
Occupation
Merchant Marine
IMG_1101.JPG

N I C E ! On top of all that, now you know what it's like to be able to say, "Built, not bought"

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Yeah, my sister in-laws. They have a 69 Roadrunner too. So sick.
Nice. Anyway great job on your lift install, looks fantastic. New wheels & tires for me tomorrow but no lift just yet. May end up with the same lift as you but I'll wait and see if you start bitching about yours first LOL.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
I promise you guys I'll get into something this week and test it out. Thanks
Notice any rubbing off road..of you've tried itty yet?

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Sorry haven’t had a chance to take any good pictures but heres some others. Really happy w everything. EVO has already proactively reached out to me about my struggles with the Overland kit, so that’s nice. Overall was impressed by the quality of the components and their customer service.

This kit is 2.5” spacers front and rear, which was important to me since my Jeep had no rake stock.

Really happy with everything so far.

BTW, ordered the wheels and tires pre-mounted from discount direct, super pleasant experience, definitely recommend.

Specs:
Lift: EVO 2.5” Boost
Wheels: Black Rhino El Cajon’s -12 offset
Tires: BFG KO2s 37x12.5r17

Before:
DD8CEE66-E985-498F-B11B-008EE9273F26.jpeg

After:
AC01C3C3-23B0-4946-8287-889A8F2850F1.jpeg
9CAEB3EB-50FC-4E7D-A282-6D4AED512E34.jpeg
99C898EA-41B9-4B3D-BE63-EC6732A8F416.jpeg

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
@stino That great set up has me thinking of running those same BFG KO2s 37x12.5r17
Do you mind telling and/or showing us what you did for the tail gate mounting?

Sponsored

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
@stino That great set up has me thinking of running those same BFG KO2s 37x12.5r17
Do you mind telling and/or showing us what you did for the tail gate mounting?
Funny story, I bought and installed a @Rough Country Suspensions relocation bracket for the spare that literally makes no sense and is completely differently sized than anything I can find on the internet. It worked but it raised my spare something like 5" and looks silly. I ordered directly from RC on Amazon, I have no idea how or why I got a bracket that is so wrong but still fits. It seems decent, otherwise. Everyone's bracket looks different than mine in pictures, every vendors photos looks different, the specs don't match up at all.

I just got a Smittybuilt bracket that I'm going to replace it with, so I'll let you know.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Funny story, I bought and installed a @Rough Country Suspensions relocation bracket for the spare that literally makes no sense and is completely differently sized than anything I can find on the internet. It worked but it raised my spare something like 5" and looks silly. I ordered directly from RC on Amazon, I have no idea how or why I got a bracket that is so wrong but still fits. It seems decent, otherwise. Everyone's bracket looks different than mine in pictures, every vendors photos looks different, the specs don't match up at all.

I just got a Smittybuilt bracket that I'm going to replace it with, so I'll let you know.
Lol. I bought the same thing from the same place. I never even installed it; soon as I hefted its weight I knew it was going back. Trying to go light on the tailgate and it must weigh another 15lbs. It’s sitting here with return label waiting for me to drop it off @ UPS.

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Anyone running 37s with MT?