www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
How are the Rock Slide steps working? I was looking closely at them and comparing the to the Amps.
For the most part they've been amazing. I've had a little issue where they wouldn't retract fully flush, and they would rattle a little under normal driving. But RSE didn't hesitate to authorize a warranty replacement. So, overall I'm very satisfied with the purchase.
Sponsored

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I had a tough time choosing between the Granite and the Black also, haha.

I'm undecided on comms equipment. I'll definitely run a CB. I had a Cobra 75 in my JKU and I loved it, but it needed an external speaker to be heard well, and I'm not sure I want to run that on the JLUR. Plus, I think I might want a handheld CB so I can take it out of the Jeep when I'm spotting or whatever. For serious overlanding, HAM is the way to go, but I don't have my license yet and haven't done much research into what equipment I'd want to put in the Jeep for that. Any suggestions?
Does your CB have an auxiliary out? Could you plug that into your stereos aux in?

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Does your CB have an auxiliary out? Could you plug that into your stereos aux in?
I ended up going with the Cobra 75WX. So far, it's been loud enough that I haven't needed an external speaker. I think, though, if I ever do I'll try a bluetooth adapter from the radio's 35mm aux port to the bluetooth input on the Jeep's headunit. Should work fine, but won't know until I try it.

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say thanks for sharing your build, I am getting great ideas for things I want to do, and appreciate seeing what things look like when someone has done it himself!
My pleasure! That's why I'm sharing!

Sponsored

PapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Next was some PALS/MOLLE compatible sun visor covers (and yep I can still hit the garage door opener, but did lose access to the vanity mirrors, oh well).
IMG_20180509_165615_994.jpg
How do you like that Gent Scents? Which did you go with?

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like that Gent Scents? Which did you go with?
Sorry for the slow response. The Gent Scents have been awesome. Best auto air freshener I've ever used. I started with the cedar, then tried sandalwood and bayrum. Bayrum has been my favorite so far.

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Alirght y'all, I picked up an RTT for a steal last week, so I guess it's time for a roof rack. Looks like the Maximus-3 rack is the best option out there at the moment. Any thoughts/feedback on it? Here's the tent I bought...
IMG_20180825_162735_044.jpg

cobaltblu10

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Scrambler
Awesome progress. Your build gives me insane ideas but I currently have a financial problem so it won't come to fruition.

Sponsored

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Don't give up on your build. I've been down that road too. Keep the faith and don't let the dream die. Do that and you'll get where you want to be.

JeepBrewer

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Well I just realized I never actually posted the pics of the lift. @Metalcloak 3.5" Game Changer with @TeraFlex Suspensions Falcon 2.1 Series Monotube shocks...

IMG_6425.jpg

View attachment 82466

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6000.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

View attachment 82472

View attachment 82473

View attachment 82474

IMG_5999.jpg

View attachment 82476
What has been your thoughts on that combination with the 3.5 MC and those shocks? I’ve been considering the MC set up for my JLUR and trying to decide if the 2.1 falcon shocks are the way to go or wait for the 3.1-3.3 falcon shocks. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else yet with your setup so any feedback you can give about on road and off road handling/feel would be great. Great looking Rig!

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What has been your thoughts on that combination with the 3.5 MC and those shocks? I’ve been considering the MC set up for my JLUR and trying to decide if the 2.1 falcon shocks are the way to go or wait for the 3.1-3.3 falcon shocks. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else yet with your setup so any feedback you can give about on road and off road handling/feel would be great. Great looking Rig!
I actually wrote an article on just this topic! You can find it here... http://www.c4x4.com/Articles/June2018/Swampcat/Swampcat.html

Let me know what you think after you read it!

JeepBrewer

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I actually wrote an article on just this topic! You can find it here... http://www.c4x4.com/Articles/June2018/Swampcat/Swampcat.html

Let me know what you think after you read it!
Great writeup. That helps me out a lot with decided which lift to get. I've never used the Metalcloak lifts before but from everything I've read they look like a top notch setup. And it sounds like it fits my needs, very similar to yours. I may drag my feet a little and see if the Falcon 3.3 shocks come out and do it all at one time. I'm thinking about doing 35" tires but with that lift I may just go for 37" instead. We'll see.

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Great writeup. That helps me out a lot with decided which lift to get. I've never used the Metalcloak lifts before but from everything I've read they look like a top notch setup. And it sounds like it fits my needs, very similar to yours. I may drag my feet a little and see if the Falcon 3.3 shocks come out and do it all at one time. I'm thinking about doing 35" tires but with that lift I may just go for 37" instead. We'll see.
Thanks! I think I put it in the article, but I'll say it here just in case. I love this setup as is, but I will probably upgrade to the Falcon 3.3s at some point after they're released, simply for the added tuneability.
Sponsored