STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

UCF Knights

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Sting Grey, MB C63 AMG, Range Rover Sport
I ordered it from Nyle Maxwell in Taylor. None of the immediate Austin area dealers seemed interested in making a deal. Got mine for almost 7% under invoice. Ordered it in 7/18, delivered on 7/22, picked up on 7/24. I highly recommend the guys in Taylor. Plus you get to swing into Louie Mueller BBQ for lunch!
You got your rig in 6 days?
Sponsored

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I ordered it from Nyle Maxwell in Taylor. None of the immediate Austin area dealers seemed interested in making a deal. Got mine for almost 7% under invoice. Ordered it in 7/18, delivered on 7/22, picked up on 7/24. I highly recommend the guys in Taylor. Plus you get to swing into Louie Mueller BBQ for lunch!
How in the world?

Sponsored

Freeballs

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Found some time today to get the Racor hoist and Topsy hinge brackets installed. Popped the top off and installed my Jtops sunshade. I was going to get the doors off but didn’t trust my little ones not to shoot hockey pucks at them. I need to look into wall mounted door holders.

A79213C9-9873-4543-994A-F3A364721442.jpeg

06DE2587-FE77-48FE-ACEE-7C90D9436A6E.jpeg

295AB96C-A2D8-4D99-B654-4E14B7BCFCE5.jpeg

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
What can I say? I like my stuff to be a little different. Sting gray is a cool classy color, without being flashy. I love it, but would love for it to stay uncommon :)
I feel the same way, and apparently we have nothing to worry about for now... :) Did y’all see the stats posted in this thread?

JL Wrangler Popular Colors Stats as of 8/23/2018

While I’m happy to know that we will be a little unique, I must admit I was surprised by how low the Sting Gray numbers were! :surprised:

I ordered a 2-door Turbo Sting Gray, which must put me in the 0.001% LOL. ;)

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I feel the same way, and apparently we have nothing to worry about for now... :) Did y’all see the stats posted in this thread?

JL Wrangler Popular Colors Stats as of 8/23/2018

While I’m happy to know that we will be a little unique, I must admit I was surprised by how low the Sting Gray numbers were! :surprised:

I ordered a 2-door Turbo Sting Gray, which must put me in the 0.001% LOL. ;)
In three months I’ve only met one other sting gray on the road, so for now they are still pretty scarce.
People seem to appreciate the color more now than they did at first. I’ve always loved it, but I still hope it remains scarce. Guess that makes me a stingy stingy :giggle:

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
In three months I’ve only met one other sting gray on the road, so for now they are still pretty scarce.
People seem to appreciate the color more now than they did at first. I’ve always loved it, but I still hope it remains scarce. Guess that makes me a stingy stingy :giggle:
Ha ha yes, I hear you. I guess that makes me stingy too! :blush:

When Turbo production was so delayed that it became unclear if mine would be ready in time, my dealer graciously ordered an identical build but with a 3.6 engine. I’m very grateful for this as having a safety net made the wait less tense, but my stinginess means that I’m also a tiny bit disappointed that my JL will have a doppelgänger of my own making in the area! But at the same time it’s also pretty cool, and I hope it will make someone very happy... and stingy! ;)

(The 3.6 got here last week and looks awesome, but I’m waiting for the 2.0 as it’s now expected to get here next week).

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Ha ha yes, I hear you. I guess that makes me stingy too! :blush:

When Turbo production was so delayed that it became unclear if mine would be ready in time, my dealer graciously ordered an identical build but with a 3.6 engine. I’m very grateful for this as having a safety net made the wait less tense, but my stinginess means that I’m also a tiny bit disappointed that my JL will have a doppelgänger of my own making in the area! But at the same time it’s also pretty cool, and I hope it will make someone very happy... and stingy! ;)

(The 3.6 got here last week and looks awesome, but I’m waiting for the 2.0 as it’s now expected to get here next week).
If they get to common, it just means it’s time for more mods to keep it unique. Right now I’m rocking the mainly stock look...and the savings... but it’s still unique.:like:

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
37" Cooper Discoverer STT Pros. 2.5" Rough Country spacer lift
How do you like the spacer lift? Does it drive good? I was looking at that as an option while I wait for more lift kits to come into market..

MarcRRT

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
How do you like the spacer lift? Does it drive good? I was looking at that as an option while I wait for more lift kits to come into market..
I like it. I was thinking about upgrading when a more complete lift is available for the two door but I think I’ll just keep it. It rides great. Definitely going to need a step to get in. It’s high. I’ve always liked N-Fab so that’s at the top of my list.
Sponsored