OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Just placed an order for an Ocean Blue JLUR w/tan seats. I went to 8 dealers total to get the deal I wanted. So happy it’s over. Now the wait begins. Post more pics for me while I wait.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Just placed an order for an Ocean Blue JLUR w/tan seats. I went to 8 dealers total to get the deal I wanted. So happy it’s over. Now the wait begins. Post more pics for me while I wait.
You won't be disappointed! I love mine with that combo. What other options did you go for?

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I thought you were going to hold out for Bikini? :)

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Ordered May 13th, picked up August 13th. Long wait, totally worth it. 7 miles on the odometer before hooking up to my Fiesta for the 500 mile drive home.

9973.jpeg
9972.jpeg
10015.jpeg

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
You won't be disappointed! I love mine with that combo. What other options did you go for?
JLUR - Infortainment, Tan Leather, OWL, Painted Fender, Painted Roof, Tow, Safty Group I think that’s it.

I was on the fence on the steel bumpers and didn’t end up doing it because of what I’ve read about the rear steel bumper digging into the paint. I will keep it stock for a year and then look at my options for bumpers next year. I also wanted the dual top but this whole thing cost to might now and I’ll get the jeep in October which won’t give me to much time for the softtop anyways...what do y’all tbink about my steel bumper decision?

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I thought you were going to hold out for Bikini? :)
Yeah i wanted to but Idk how it will look on the JLUR, also it could be late availability? I want the car sooner to avoid price increases and I want my financing done ( only financing about half the cost of the vehicle) before any possible rate increase which would cost me more long term.

EDIT- I predict the Bikini will look GREAT on a JL and not as good on JLU.

While I wait I will start buying mods =)

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
The only reason I didn't get the steel bumpers is that I didn't want the LED headlights. No goat eyes for me.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
The only reason I didn't get the steel bumpers is that I didn't want the LED headlights. No goat eyes for me.
Lol I got the LED I knew I forgot somtbing. Haha no offense taken. I like the LED for function over look, I could careless about the Daytome running lights even though those technically serve a functional purpose.

Also got proximity key. This option will be standard by 2019 and 2020. How can you have standard push button start and not have keyless entry. What’s the logic.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
This is my first vehicle with proximity entry. I love it, but last week it was being very slow. Now everything is fine again. I don't know about making it standard, especially on a wrangler. Hell, they still have the option for manual windows and door locks for the people who hate technology.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
i really like the proximity entry and LED lights. i did not get steel bumpers because i will be getting after market bumpers for tire lift and recessed winch.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
This is my first vehicle with proximity entry. I love it, but last week it was being very slow. Now everything is fine again. I don't know about making it standard, especially on a wrangler. Hell, they still have the option for manual windows and door locks for the people who hate technology.
I guess ill rephrase, on the rubicon it should be standard given the price point we are at and same for the Sahara.

I currently have a 06 Grand Cherokee which I got as my first car in 2008 so this vehicle is a huge step up. Ive lost all my original keys years ago, while at college, and I have been using just a key fob on the door to unlock and lock the car lol... I told the dealer yesterday how excited I am to have volume controls via steering wheel and he started laughing.

JeepRoobNoob

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Building my first Jeep! I've always been a sports car guy but my dad had a Jeep when I was a kid and it was always a blast to ride in. Now that I have two boys of my own, I know they'll love it too! I know the four-door Jeeps are probably a more popular choice these days but I've always been partial to the look of the two-door Jeeps. It was a tough decision but decided on Ocean Blue w/ tan seats!

OceanBlueExterior.jpg
Sponsored