Sponsored

Bestop JL Soft Top - Help Us Decide

Which soft top would you like to see available FIRST for the Jl?

• Total voters

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Thanks! I’ve been through that thread and watched the videos, as well as browsed their site (and product catalog).

I may just be missing something obvious, but I don’t seem to be able to find and photos or videos showing the granite colored top on a granite Jeep (JK or JL).
Check the website for the Supertop for the JK....you can see a slight difference between the black and grey. It is not something I would trust however. https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2017/wrangler/supertop-nx-black-premium-color-twill-soft-top/door/2/
I would just do black to avoid the possibility of it looking like a beat up and faded old top; and, who know when other colors will be available.

Do you want it to be darker or lighter than the color of your JL, which I assume is Granite Crystal Metallic? Perhaps you could ask Bestop on here if the Granite Grey is lighter or darker.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Check the website for the Supertop for the JK....you can see a slight difference between the black and grey. It is not something I would trust however. https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2017/wrangler/supertop-nx-black-premium-color-twill-soft-top/door/2/
I would just do black to avoid the possibility of it looking like a beat up and faded old top; and, who know when other colors will be available.

Do you want it to be darker or lighter than the color of your JL, which I assume is Granite Crystal Metallic? Perhaps you could ask Bestop on here if the Granite Grey is lighter or darker.
Thank you! I did ask @BestopTeam on post 58 of this thread. Hoping they have a color comparison tool or photos or videos somewhere - like what you get on them extreme terrain website, for instance.

As for whether I want it to be lighter or darker than the paint on the Jeep - ideally, I’d like it to match. I assume that is @BestopTeam’s goal, too:
Granite is not a super popular term to describe a color. Coincidence that they chose that word to represent their gray color, when it is an exact name used by Jeep? My hope is no.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
As for whether I want it to be lighter or darker than the paint on the Jeep - ideally, I’d like it to match. I assume that is @BestopTeam’s goal, too:
If it actually matches, that would be cool. Unfortunately, I don't think that would happen for a couple of reasons:
1) That would be HARD to do.
2) Their "red" and "blue" never matched any of Jeep's "reds" or "blues"
3) The sharp contrast of material between metal and fabric would be odd, kind of like buying a navy blue blazer and pair of navy blue trousers and trying to pass them along a suit.
4) I am unaware of any convertible that has a top that matches the body color's paint

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
If it actually matches, that would be cool. Unfortunately, I don't think that would happen for a couple of reasons:
1) That would be HARD to do.
2) Their "red" and "blue" never matched any of Jeep's "reds" or "blues"
3) The sharp contrast of material between metal and fabric would be odd, kind of like buying a navy blue blazer and pair of navy blue trousers and trying to pass them along a suit.
4) I am unaware of any convertible that has a top that matches the body color's paint
I agree. I wonder why they named it Granite? Confusing, right? Misleading? At a minimum, false hope :)

Or maybe it actually is a good match! Would love to see if @BestopTeam has any info. The color is not new for them or Jeep, so assume they’ve got photos.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

Are you looking for an actual representation of the colors we currently offer in JK tops? Is you call, live chat or email our customer service team they will send you a sample of the colors you request! Be sure to include you shipping address. This way you cna see the colors in person!

[email protected]
1-800-845-3567

CassieAtBestop

I agree. I wonder why they named it Granite? Confusing, right? Misleading? At a minimum, false hope :)

Or maybe it actually is a good match! Would love to see if @BestopTeam has any info. The color is not new for them or Jeep, so assume they’ve got photos.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Hey there,

Are you looking for an actual representation of the colors we currently offer in JK tops? Is you call, live chat or email our customer service team they will send you a sample of the colors you request! Be sure to include you shipping address. This way you cna see the colors in person!

[email protected]
1-800-845-3567

CassieAtBestop
Thanks, Cassie!

FYI for others - Cassie had also reached out to me via PM to connect. Thanks again for connecting, Cassie!

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea yet on when any of these tops will get released?

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Crickets....
Yep. You'd think with bestop having the inside access from doing the OEM softtop they would be on top of getting these tops banged out.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Yep. You'd think with bestop having the inside access from doing the OEM softtop they would be on top of getting these tops banged out.
Jeep probably has an exclusivity agreement with them where they supply OEM and cannot release their top for a period of time

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Just checking in here. Really hopeful to see the NX Glide come out for the JL.

Seems like it makes sense to do this one first - it's the product with the highest demand and is also their most expensive option :)

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase