OP
OP
jhnnymac

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
Ended up not going with a club - I travel for my job and my spare time goes to my family. Also my factory JL sport is not up to snuff in my opinion. Tires and suspension would need an upgrade - possibly new rims with bead locks for driving on the beach with low pressure. When I move to AZ in a few years maybe then.
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
both baystate jeepers and ocean state jeepers are good clubs and members of the nea4wd so access to lots of private lands

if you join this clubs or any other nea4wd club look into attending Fall Crawl which is a private event for nea4wd clubs at field and forest in handcock nh. They have a bunch of trails you can sign up for ranging from easy class 6 roads to full on buggy trails. It is the weekend of Sept 7th.

StuntmanMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70, 2000 Firebird Formula
Ended up not going with a club - I travel for my job and my spare time goes to my family. Also my factory JL sport is not up to snuff in my opinion. Tires and suspension would need an upgrade - possibly new rims with bead locks for driving on the beach with low pressure. When I move to AZ in a few years maybe then.

Dude, your sport is PLENTY capable for running on the beach.

Unless you plan on running single digit pressure, beadlocks are extremely unnecessary. Driving on the beach here is not like you see in youtube videos of Pismo, there's no flying up bowl and roosting corners. It's pretty much 20mph back and forth in a straight line. No going off trail into the dunes; the protected shorebirds live there. I would have full confidence taking my AWD Volvo wagon on any of the beaches here.

I went to Sandy Neck down the cape back when I had my ZJ, there were even campers and vans out there. Easy peasy.

Pulling the roof and doors and taking the fam out to the beach would be a GREAT family activity. It's one of the reason to own a Jeep!
Sponsored