MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

MinorInsanity

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Well, even though the 2019's are right around the corner, I've a hunch Mojito won't be a color option. With that in mind, we put our order in tonight for a Rubi. Won't find out until Tuesday if the LED lights will kill the order. If they do, we'll have to see what this new Bikini color is all about. Crossing my fingers!
Sponsored

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase
Well, even though the 2019's are right around the corner, I've a hunch Mojito won't be a color option. With that in mind, we put our order in tonight for a Rubi. Won't find out until Tuesday if the LED lights will kill the order. If they do, we'll have to see what this new Bikini color is all about. Crossing my fingers!
Why would LED kill the order?

Gang Green

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Took me two days and a little help from BlairF on the Alien Sunshade page but I finally have my Alien Sunshade installed!! Jeep hair I can wear with a badge of honor. Hat head is another story. Thanks to Alien, no need for a hat anymore!!

26C2E644-BE2E-4369-8714-732FE7206B0F.jpeg
Been back and forth between an Alien, RR or JTops. I think the bungees are the way to go. Your thoughts on quality/durability?

+$20k for what?! Wheels/tires, lift, bumpers and some lights? And not even dual-tops? Holy shit!

70k... holy...
My thoughts, exactly. Unless there is a Hemi in there...not worth it all IMO.

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
Been back and forth between an Alien, RR or JTops. I think the bungees are the way to go. Your thoughts on quality/durability?
I don’t know the other two. The Alien is the only one I have seen in person and installed. The material seems heavy duty mesh. The edges and grommets seem very well done. Installation should be much smoother with the video they are producing. Bungees seem to handle the stress but that can only be judged with time.

In my opinion, The weakest element are the clips used in the front. They do require the front windshield to be bolted to help keep them doing their intended job of holding the mesh in place under the stress. Before I figured that out, 3 of the 4 clips “failed” not because they broke. My theory, They “failed” because the clips’ plastic at a crucial point seemed to weaken enough to pop off without the bolted windshield reducing the space. I doubt you could lower the windshield without them popping off as the curve that goes on the car is the weak point. The clips are holding fine now that the windshield is bolted back down. That is my only caveat and totally my own opinion after spending an hour or more installing.

All that being said, lowering the windshield while driving is not one of my criteria for a shade. My only criteria were the cost, that the shade allows for easy use of my softop without removing the shade, and that the shade allows the feeling of the open top to shine through while keeping the scorching sun out. This sunshade hit all the points. I couldn’t be happier with my purchase and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I just read that it seems to be only people in the Detroit area so far, not sure how true that is but I'm sure they can't do everyone at once without it crashing their systems

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
I just read that it seems to be only people in the Detroit area so far, not sure how true that is but I'm sure they can't do everyone at once without it crashing their systems
And that is only Rubicons, right?

Sponsored

Gang Green

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know the other two. The Alien is the only one I have seen in person and installed. The material seems heavy duty mesh. The edges and grommets seem very well done. Installation should be much smoother with the video they are producing. Bungees seem to handle the stress but that can only be judged with time.

In my opinion, The weakest element are the clips used in the front. They do require the front windshield to be bolted to help keep them doing their intended job of holding the mesh in place under the stress. Before I figured that out, 3 of the 4 clips “failed” not because they broke. My theory, They “failed” because the clips’ plastic at a crucial point seemed to weaken enough to pop off without the bolted windshield reducing the space. I doubt you could lower the windshield without them popping off as the curve that goes on the car is the weak point. The clips are holding fine now that the windshield is bolted back down. That is my only caveat and totally my own opinion after spending an hour or more installing.

All that being said, lowering the windshield while driving is not one of my criteria for a shade. My only criteria were the cost, that the shade allows for easy use of my softop without removing the shade, and that the shade allows the feeling of the open top to shine through while keeping the scorching sun out. This sunshade hit all the points. I couldn’t be happier with my purchase and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Thank you for taking the time to write that up on the Alien sunshade. Lowering the windshield is not a huge factor for me as well. Especially considering the Aux lighting up front. I haven’t used a sunshade before so I appreciate the insight. Certainly helped me make up my mind.
Sponsored