First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Mine is on a train right now and I can’t wait to receive it. Owner reviews and pictures will be much appreciated to sate my hunger!
I cannot participate yet for I am Jeepless , but they will change shortly

JL_Joey

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Firecracker Red (Ordered)
Here is mine - need to take some better/new pics, these are from Monday when I picked her up.

As far as impressions - I have never driven another Jeep - but my other vehicle is a VW GTI Stage 2 2.0 Turbo...and it's quick...so I can compare to that. The Jeep is no GTI, but I have been impressed. It gets up and goes when needed, and does not feel sluggish or heavy at all. I have about 200 miles on it since Monday and have been getting 24.4 MPG in mixed driving. I have other impressions, but those are the 2.0 specific ones.

img_20180806_142636-jpg.jpg

img_20180806_142624-jpg.jpg

nobleman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
Mine is on a train right now and I can’t wait to receive it. Owner reviews and pictures will be much appreciated to sate my hunger!
Sorry, not much time for a picture post. But I received mine last Tue. after a 4.5 month wait. I love it.. very smooth. lots of power. this is my 3rd wrangler. my new 2.0 Rubicon is by far the finest of them all. Good luck.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Sorry, not much time for a picture post. But I received mine last Tue. after a 4.5 month wait. I love it.. very smooth. lots of power. this is my 3rd wrangler. my new 2.0 Rubicon is by far the finest of them all. Good luck.
Finally, we’re getting some reviews.

Since this is your 3rd Wrangler, do you notice the hybrid system acting as a transition between stop/start, 0 MPH take off, and turbo spool, or is it only noticeable on stop/start with turbo lag still lurking about?

I’m thinking of ordering a 3.6 with manual but the 2.0L is appealing since I’m in Colorado and the air is thin.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Finally, we’re getting some reviews.

Since this is your 3rd Wrangler, do you notice the hybrid system acting as a transition between stop/start, 0 MPH take off, and turbo spool, or is it only noticeable on stop/start with turbo lag still lurking about?

I’m thinking of ordering a 3.6 with manual but the 2.0L is appealing since I’m in Colorado and the air is thin.
I test drove the 3.6 back to back with the 2.0T. The e-Torque was seamless with the turbo. Very little lag also. The 2.0T would be my choice in Colorado for sure. Definitely drive both back to back.

Ryo2284

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Picked my JLU Rubicon on Monday. The 2.0 turbo is amazing. Very responsive and plenty of power. Haven't pushed it too hard as of yet do to the break in period but I haven't noticed any lag. Only negative that I've noticed is it's a bit noisy but the Alpine stereo makes up for that. So far I have been driving back country roads and getting 19.5 miles per gallon. Can't complain one bit. Glad I waited for the 2.0

IMG_20180806_191225.jpg

OP
OP
Agent47

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
How smooth is the start-stop compared to the V6? Pretty seemless or still worth disabling?

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Haven‘t really noticed the start stop myself, so it isn’t even an issue for me.. I don’t have a natural hatred for it to begin with. The BSG seems to work.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How smooth is the start-stop compared to the V6? Pretty seemless or still worth disabling?
The start/stop is the same for both engines. Engine turns off at stop and starts back up just as you release the brake pedal. It is definitely not seamless because the engine has to start back up. There is that millisecond of the engine cranking over at start up you will feel. The only difference might be how the engines sound and idle after the start up but that's true for any car. It's easy enough to press the disable button if it bothers anyone. Should be second nature after a few days.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked my JLU Rubicon on Monday. The 2.0 turbo is amazing. Very responsive and plenty of power. Haven't pushed it too hard as of yet do to the break in period but I haven't noticed any lag. Only negative that I've noticed is it's a bit noisy but the Alpine stereo makes up for that. So far I have been driving back country roads and getting 19.5 miles per gallon. Can't complain one bit. Glad I waited for the 2.0

IMG_20180806_191225.jpg
When you say noisy, what kind of noise are you referring to? Noise from the engine revving, whistling from the turbo as it spools, or more of a actual whine? You have the Infotainment and Alpine. Can you look on your window sticker to see if you have the Active Noise Control? Great looking by the way!! Thanks.

Ryo2284

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
When you say noisy, what kind of noise are you referring to? Noise from the engine revving, whistling from the turbo as it spools, or more of a actual whine? You have the Infotainment and Alpine. Can you look on your window sticker to see if you have the Active Noise Control? Great looking by the way!! Thanks.

Fan seems to almost constantly run is all I mean as far as noise. Nothing major. You can hear the turbo spool if you get on it but I haven't pushed it hard yet. So far almost 500 miles on the Rubicon and it's running amazing.

OP
OP
Agent47

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Anyone here planning on exhaust mods? Just replacing the muffler with a straight-pipe should make it sound sporty without being too loud given that a turbo significantly quiets the exhaust noise.
Sponsored