Sponsored

First Live Photos of JL Wrangler Sport (with new US-spec bumper and close out cover)

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Has anyone considered that what we're witnessing is the global press launch for the JL and not just the states and that there are both U.S. and non-U.S. spec versions on hand? Now I don't know this to be a for sure thing, obviously. However, in the preliminary JL brochure released at the L.A. Auto Show and online on Jeeps website for the JL clearly shows a Sport S with bumpers similar in profile to what you find on the Sahara and Rubicon.
Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
The black Steelies look better than any wheel option they have just because it’s all black. Blows my mind they don’t offer an all gloss black wheel option

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
That was my original thought, but another poster above made it click. EPA and CAFE numbers are based on the Sport models (same with the JK). If you can eek every last MPG out of the Sport model, it pushes those numbers up both on CAFE and the window sticker. Better aero = better MPG. It might only be worth 1mpg in these test loops, but 1mpg is a big increase when it comes to overall fleet economy numbers.

Has anyone considered that what we're witnessing is the global press launch for the JL and not just the states and that there are both U.S. and non-U.S. spec versions on hand? Now I don't know this to be a for sure thing, obviously. However, in the preliminary JL brochure released at the L.A. Auto Show and online on Jeeps website for the JL clearly shows a Sport S with bumpers similar in profile to what you find on the Sahara and Rubicon.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I doubt two pieces of plastic are going to make that big of a change in fuel mileage. Then you would lose that mpg if you roll the windowsdown.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt two pieces of plastic are going to make that big of a change in fuel mileage. Then you would lose that mpg if you roll the windowsdown.
I bet they do! The open fenders are like 2 giant parachutes at high speed. I might even add a set or another similar solution to stretch the MPG. Notice the AEV front bumper mostly covers the gap. I might buy one or make my own for this reason.

Sponsored

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
The steelies paired with all terrains on the Sport look better than the rather cheap looking wheel/tire combo on the Sport S, IMO.

B5005D92-A360-4C7F-AB97-176EE7DE83C8.png
And those wheels come standard correct? No change if I've added the cold weather package? If so, I'll be pretty happy...I don't want my first Wrangler to have Honda Accord tires

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Edit: Added clarity for Sport S

These are the only wheels for the base sport.
da7222cf-4b2d-478a-8b9a-a5f5044e4511-jpeg.jpg

No tires or wheels with cold weather group on the JL/U.

The standard wheels on the Sport S are these Silver Aluminum Wheels.

1-jpg.jpg

Cold Weather Group is only available with Sport S so if you got Cold Weather Group you got these wheels. Unless you order the alternate wheels which also require upgraded tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
The Sport is basically a JK with a new grille and new tranny. The serious updates come to the Sahara and Rubicon. On the plus side, there’s less on the Sport that is prone to failure. On the down side, the Sport looks wimpy in comparison to the Rubicon.

Jeep should have made a middle ground and retained the Willys Edition as a 4th trim name.
Sponsored