Sponsored

For the love of God - Please stop asking which model to buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I know I am going to get bitched out, and that's okay....buuuuut..

We are all different individuals that like different things. No matter how many times someone asks "what should I buy?", the question will never ever ever ever be answered accordingly. I see so much animosity on here because 'You should buy what I bought because I am cool." In fact, it seems that it is a good forum fight starter. At the end of the day, no one gives a fuck what you bought, LOL.

It's kind like choosing a wife. (or a husband for all you ladies)

You could choose a gorgeous blonde that is a model for Victoria's secret (or ladies, the stud of your dreams), but as an old grandpa told me one time "Once you get past the looks and features, they could be a bitch under the hood and not worth it".

Go test drive 1, 2, 3 or 10! When you drive away, have absolutely no regrets because you didn't get what joe shmo has.

Buy it because its what YOU want and feels right when it comes to the bottom line. My only input is make sure your family isn't doing without just for your "fix" :)

Ok, I am done :). Again, please find the good in this message. Take care.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
So you are saying I should get a Rubicon?
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! Yes buy the damn rubicon! They are the coolest. I have a Sport S, therefore I am not cool. The end.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You know, there are people here asking advice or information because they aren’t “Jeep savvy” or knowledgeable about the differences between the models or the significance of those differences if they do know what they are. Is giving help or advice really such a burden for those more in the know than the average new car (or in this case Jeep) buyer?

And I know without doubt that the Rubicon Unlimited is the model I’m choosing so no help needed on that front for me. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You know, there are people here asking advice or information because they aren’t “Jeep savvy” or knowledgeable about the differences between the models or the significance of those differences if they do know what they are. Is giving help or advice really such a burden for those more in the know than the average new car (or in this case Jeep) buyer?

And I know without doubt that the Rubicon Unlimited is the model I’m choosing so no help needed on that front for me. ;)

*sigh* I give up.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!

You're right, lots of folks don't know what they're getting in to. BUT there IS a search function on this forum. And there are literally so many posts asking similar questions that these folks could actually get their information FASTER by searching than spamming the forum with the same question a million times...

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You're right, lots of folks don't know what they're getting in to. BUT there IS a search function on this forum. And there are literally so many posts asking similar questions that these folks could actually get their information FASTER by searching than spamming the forum with the same question a million times...
I’m a firm believer in searching first before asking although I’ve resigned my position in the Forum Search Nazi party several years ago. How would one search this forum in a way to find an informative answer to the issue of which model is best for their needs? Not trolling, I’m asking in all seriousness. I tried searching that before making this post and do you know what results came up? The very issue that the OP was bitching about - threads with people asking the questions and lots of replies of “get what’s right for you!” or “Rubicon or die!” or “stop asking other people what YOU should buy!” Know what I didn’t find? An answer. Lol.

In the spirit of lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness, how difficult would it be to have a sticky thread that outlines what makes each model what it is, the differences between them, and the practical importance of those differences? Then simply pointing anyone to that thread will be easy enough and they’ll get useful information rather than the scorn and ridicule of the OG Jeep Mafia. :idea:

ShaunTheJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2D JL Rubicon
Lots of things get asked that can be found quicker by searching. But people are human, so they like to talk. It's a way to think it out and step thru their thoughts. Especially big decisions like choosing a Jeep! Should we really not talk about choosing a new model on a forum about that new model? I guess there's no reason to ask anything then. It's all out there.

I also think it's valid to ask "what's right for you?" in deciding what's right for me. Doesn't matter if you're not me. If I understand why you bought what you did, it could help me make the decision I will. It's understood that everyone will ultimately buy what's right for them.

A quick Google of "JL Rubicon vs Sahara" will give you plenty of sites bulleting the differences, but it's STILL human nature to want to discuss those and how they relate to you.

Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I heard that dropping your tire pressure makes you feel certain you bought the correct model. :cwl:

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
So................what model should I buy?

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If everyone was happy with their stock jeep (no matter what flavor it is), then ABSOLUTELY no one would upgrade anything. You have people special ordering a jeep, only to take the stuff off of it when it arrives.

To answer your question, do some research and come up with your on synopsis based on the research YOU do. For instance, If you don't know what something is, RESEARCH it, and NOT "guys should i buy it?". It's a lose/lose question. Buying ANY wrangler will have pro/cons, upside and downsides to every question that you can think of.

Lastly, When you get your jeep, after a few weeks, there will be SOMETHING pop up and you will find yourself saying "Man I should have gotten that" or "Why the hell did I purchase this when I could have did it myself" (like a tow package for me - which is why i installed it myself), with no matter how much researching you did.

My credo:

upload_2018-8-9_14-43-15.png

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! Yes buy the damn rubicon! They are the coolest. I have a Sport S, therefore I am not cool. The end.
ROFLLLLLMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::rock::rock:

I'm not as cool as you bruh because i got the BASE SPORT! Jus a lil lower on the totem pole! Awww snappp now my day is RUINED! :no: :mad:

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Status
Not open for further replies.