Status
Not open for further replies.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Update 11/29/2018

Now for sale!!

http://store-springtailsolutions-com.3dcartstores.com/JL-Rear-Door-Folding-TrayMOLLE-Panel_p_73.html

IMG_1624_zps09xgxhvg.jpg

IMG_1614_zpsznj3yuuy.jpg

Update 9/4/2018:
Due to some fairly significant changes that I have made and the busy schedule of my manufacturer....the finished product will likely be released late Oct/Early November. The whole goal is to get you guys the most reliable and silent table out there. It will be worth the wait!

Ohhh....We have been busy! Still early in development but I could not hold back any more.

Info to give you so far.....

Predicted Availability: Late Sept

MSRP: $ No specific price yet....targeted for around $200.00 (without bags), Yes...there will be a combo deal offered with bags.
Sorry to be vague but with the price of steel fluctuating so much....it is hard to get a firm quote lately.

Material: Laser cut Fold down Tray/MOLLE Panel is 0.065" USA Steel, the backplate is 0.120" USA Steel, Black Powdercoat finish

Mounting method: Uses Factory mounting points designed for mounting this type of accessory. Requires some drilling through plastic panel (well-marked and not difficult).

Assembly/ease of installation: Some assembly required, Very Easy installation (Disclaimer: Assuming that you know how to use a drill and very basic hand tools)

Weight capacity: 25 Pounds (as recommended by Mopar for using these mounting points)

Details:
  • Fully adjustable toggle latches rated at 220 pounds holding capacity each
  • Paracord suspension with built in binders and special Paracord adjusters

Unique traits: Patented MOLLE grid that allows 95% of all MOLLE gear to be attached, only supplier to offer optional Large MOLLE pouches designed for quick removal (MPAC STAT Pouches)

Dimensions: 27 ¾ inches x 11 ½ inches
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
VERY interested. Following!

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
More peeks as we progress with testing and tweaking the Springtail Rear Door Folding table/Rack

DD643F60-188A-4BEF-BB18-36BDD3C8EE7B_zpspqgy6o07.jpg

287E5F31-E714-40D5-996D-4F3F3CB4E861_zpsf1baizjl.jpg

62711488-638F-4710-A4D8-FCD8754536B9_zpshkjaajmq.jpg

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Looking forward to this! Can be an impromptu baby changing table when on the road ;)
Thanks, The next prototype will be ready in about a week....I'm hoping for near production model quality so I can start seriously testing it.

Doc

Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, The next prototype will be ready in about a week....I'm hoping for near production model quality so I can start seriously testing it.

Doc
Hi, Doc. I like the design and, if it's comparable in price to the Mopar version, I'm in! One suggestion. It would be good if you incorporated a red cross in the design of your first aid pouch. The addition of a red cross would leave no doubt as to what it was.

Last edited:

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase

Doc
Looking good. I've been holding off on a tailgate table for this one.

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Hi, Doc. I like the design and, if it's comparable in price to the Mopar version, I'm in! One suggestion. It would be good if you incorporated a red cross in the design of your first aid pouch. The addition of a red cross would leave no doubt as it what it was.
Thats the beauty of the Front Velcro panel....you can pull off our logo and slap on any identifiers that you want.

https://www.amazon.com/TrendyLuz-Me...2-spons&keywords=velcro+red+cross+patch&psc=1

I have not seen the latest price quote from our engineer yet....I made some small but significant changes on the last prototype and I'm not sure how much I jacked up my production cost. I've seen a wide variation of prices for the OEM table and I am pretty sure that we should land right in the middle of those prices.

Looking good. I've been holding off on a tailgate table for this one.
Thanks man!! I appreciate the patience....we want to make it is good as possible before releasing it.

Doc

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Thats the beauty of the Front Velcro panel....you can pull off our logo and slap on any identifiers that you want.

https://www.amazon.com/TrendyLuz-Me...2-spons&keywords=velcro+red+cross+patch&psc=1

I have not seen the latest price quote from our engineer yet....I made some small but significant changes on the last prototype and I'm not sure how much I jacked up my production cost. I've seen a wide variation of prices for the OEM table and I am pretty sure that we should land right in the middle of those prices.

Thanks man!! I appreciate the patience....we want to make it is good as possible before releasing it.

Doc
Thanks for the reply, Doc! I didn't realize that was a velcro strip. Problem solved!

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
This looks awesome. I had a tailgate table on my JKU and it came in really handy. This looks like a really well built product.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the giant logo. I get it that you guys want to advertise your company name on it, but our Jeeps are becoming rolling advertisements. A subtle logo in a corner is something I can deal with, but with a logo that large, it's unfortunately a no-go for me.

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
This looks awesome. I had a tailgate table on my JKU and it came in really handy. This looks like a really well built product.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the giant logo. I get it that you guys want to advertise your company name on it, but our Jeeps are becoming rolling advertisements. A subtle logo in a corner is something I can deal with, but with a logo that large, it's unfortunately a no-go for me.
Me too my friend.

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90

I said the same thing. I am not a fan of large logos on pretty much anything...

OP
OP
Springtail

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC

Yeah...I get it. But here are the reasons that it will likely not change.

1) It actually is functional by allowing air to flow to the vents in the door....basically its important if you want your doors to shut properly with the hard top on.

2) Its sublimated....black on black. I agree on the grey it is obnoxious....on black it is fine.

3) 99.9% of the time you will never see it because the table portion covers it when closed....which it will be most of the time unless you are some sort of tailgating maniac.

Doc

rswanson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I was excited to see this as well since I'm looking for something like this but I must agree with the others who are pointing out the size of that logo cutout. It would look a lot better if you reconsidered the size of that thing. Best of luck with the product, though!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.