Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone else have the Ace Engineering Rear Cargo Basket installed in their 4 door with hard top?

Can anyone explain how on earth they got the rear cross bar to physically fit inside the jeep with the Hard top on ?
The front bar was easy enough. Put the seats down and come in on an angle through a rear door.
But the rear cross bar is a complete mystery. I have tried every combination of swinging / twisting/ turning every way I could dream up, but cannot find any angle to physically get the cross bar inside the jeep behind the rear roll cage pillars.
If I am an idiot and have missed some painfully obvious trick, then forgive me, its been a really long day, and I never imagined having to ask for help on a 4 bolt basket install. But if I am really stupid... feel free to have a laugh at my expense and rub it in.

The answer so far has me baffled.
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe try measuring the distance between the mounting holes on the pillar, and then the distance between that bar's screw holes. If they aren't equal it could be that you have received a cross bar that goes to a different, larger vehicle.

What I can't tell from your description is whether or not the install is limited only because you're installing it while the hard top is on, or if it wouldn't fit whether the hard top was on or off.

I'm grasping, but it's all that came to mind. I don't have one yet, but want one. Good luck!

OP
OP
turk

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Problem solved! managed to get the rear bar into the jeep. Just had to be willing to get some scratches on the interior. Turns out I was just not trying hard enough to force a cross corner angle that just barely sneaks through the gap between rear window hinge and corner window gasket. I will be posting a write up about the basket.

Brain was just too fried from work day to work on a puzzle.

Last edited:

sidreg

First Name
Sidney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 2018
any idea if compatible with factory soft tope when folded down?
Sponsored