Sponsored

JK and JL Rubicon side by side

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Jabs, thanks for sharing!

I really like how the new JL looks with the more level hood and aggressive grill. The styling team did a great job.

Just like the pic, I will be going from a white hard rock rubicon to the granite JL so this is nice have this comparison to look at during the long wait to get a 2 door. (I think this is a granite JL?)

Sponsored

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon Unlimited
No bolts around the JL windshield - does this mean it will actually be easier to fold down than the JK? I would drop mine more if it wasn't such a pain to do.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Only one rear tow hook on JL?
That’s currently the case on JK too.
(edit, oops didn’t notice that the HR had 2! my JKUR and A-X just had/have the 1)

You can always add them if you want, or add a D-ring to the trailer hitch.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Nope. Looks like it's still more of a hassle than its worth though.
Actually, it is not at all, 5 minutes, 6 bolts, 8 if you want to remove the windshield altogether. Take the time to watch the video.

Sponsored

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, it is not at all, 5 minutes, 6 bolts, 8 if you want to remove the windshield altogether. Take the time to watch the video.
I was hoping for something that was no bolts. Turn a lever, pull a pin or a latch, something like that. Like lowering a soft top. Wishful thinking I guess.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
No bolts around the JL windshield - does this mean it will actually be easier to fold down than the JK? I would drop mine more if it wasn't such a pain to do.
They've made it a lot easier to drop so I think we will see tons of people dropping them now.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was hoping for something that was no bolts. Turn a lever, pull a pin or a latch, something like that. Like lowering a soft top. Wishful thinking I guess.
Well I guess you could leave two of the bolts out and replace the other two with wing nuts.

Edit: maybe someone can make some quick disconnects for the windshield wipers too

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I guess you could leave two of the bolts out and replace the other two with wing nuts.

Edit: maybe someone can make some quick disconnects for the windshield wipers too
Maybe they'll make a power windshield fold for the "JM" 2028 model year. :)

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Is there a convenient place to stow the wipers when you've taken them off?
Sponsored