MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

cjoynes

First Name
Cindi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and soon to be 2018 Mojito 2-door Rubicon
I say buy 2 of every one you want. Put them on and you have a spare if you don’t like them in that location . I totally get what your husband is saying. I’ve only ever put decals on windows because I was afraid to ruin the paint but thousands of people put decals on their Jeeps. Give it a try. Maybe you will both like it.
Good idea to get 2. That will also help if something does happen. I can replace them exactly. I'm not a fan of anything on windows, so I'm probably going to give it a try on the body. Here's hoping. ..
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Same! I only put decals on the glass as well. I wouldn't put on the body/paint. Im still trying to figure out if I'm gonna design my own logo for Lil'Hulk or try to find a MOPAR logo in a green, close enough to be Mojito! Will have to think on it...

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
Lol this Mojito! Tho!!! Went to Autozone to get some tools to keep in Lil' Hulk and when I came outside to put it in the tub (lower bed compartment) two guys said they loved the color and it looked really nice! I giggled! Hehe :giggle: Told them thanks and they asked was it new and wanted to know more about the color! Lil' Hulk been getting looks and stares all dayyyy! :involve:
I have had 5 conversations in 2 weeks. Today a guy asked me what the official name was for the color because it was such a nice color. Lol. I pointed to the lettering and said Mojito and how it was such a nice conversation starter. He laughed.

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
Same! I only put decals on the glass as well. I wouldn't put on the body/paint. Im still trying to figure out if I'm gonna design my own logo for Lil'Hulk or try to find a MOPAR logo in a green, close enough to be Mojito! Will have to think on it...
I had my last vinyl letters on my gecko for 6 years. Absolutely no discoloration and very easy to peel off. Then used wd-40 to get the sticky part off. I have a cricut machine at home and was able to cut my own letters.

36138494-6AE1-415F-9476-7EDD179031C5.jpeg

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
Here are the edges. Tough to find an angle that makes them stand out.

Full grille as well.

4C320032-C83A-45C1-A102-3667AB139162.jpeg

DE4425EC-9B53-483D-B91F-6B72A30A1E17.jpeg

3367418D-457A-4BEB-B8E4-83BB7BFD3620.jpeg

As soon as I take delivery from Denis Dillon i'm dropping mine off at Transguard in Boise for a wrap of the full front clip, door, rockers, rear quarters and rear fenders with expel ultimate. It's definitely not cheap and the work will take 3 days where i'll have to stay in a hotel before driving back to socal, but it's well worth it. Paint chips and scratches drive me insane. Here's how my last one turned out with a full car wrap minus the targa top and back hatch. The only seems you can even see when looking close are between the side mirrors and window glass. My Mojito JLUR build is still back and forth between D and D1, we think because of the power top :(

upload_2018-8-1_18-51-4.png

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have had 5 conversations in 2 weeks. Today a guy asked me what the official name was for the color because it was such a nice color. Lol. I pointed to the lettering and said Mojito and how it was such a nice conversation starter. He laughed.
Yasss! Lol fellas looked mesmorized, straight up staring at the color! They loved ittt

Khuemann

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL - Mojito! (Ordered 5/7/18)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Has anyone painted the Rubicon default rims green. I have a Sahara but I have been considering getting some discount rubicon rims and tires and then painting the outside rim green. If no one has done this, is there anyone with decent photoshop skills that could pull this off? I would like to see what it would look like before buying the tires.

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
Hi all! Any recommendations for a hood lock? I checked out Bolt but they dont have the option to select 2018 as your model year. Definitely need one living in Brooklyn.....still have yet to see a Mojito in NYC...hoping im the first haha:handsinair:;)
There is one that is just outside NYC in NJ> I am in Brooklyn often but I'm usually driving my SS. Spent several hours driving in Brooklyn today

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I need some advice....I want to get some decals for my Mojito! Rubicon, but hubby is saying I'll regret it. He says they'll eventually peel off and Moji will look bad then. What do you guys think? He's a mustang guy and doesn't understand. I didn't do anything to my 2014 jku, but I really want decals on my Moji. All input welcome! Thanks in advance.
One thing to consider is that paint oxidizes as it ages and changes color slightly. If you put decals on the vehicle, the portion of the paint under the decal is not going to change color, so if you remove the decal, you are going to see the outline / silhouette slightly darker than the rest of the vehicle. You often see this on police vehicles that are up for auction.

My Ram 1500 had pinstriping and I guess you could consider that the same as decals. They stayed on fairly well, but after 14 years, you could see where the stripes were a bit ragged along the edges if you got really close and looked at them. That's might be because I tend to just use a pressure washer to get most of the dirt off the vehicle instead of hand washing it. I tried to use a pressure washer to completely remove the pinstripes, but they did not seem to want to come off, so it's probably a cumulative effect over many years.

Aircraft use vinyl letters on them for their registration number and I have not seen any of them pealing off, but often they are placed on when the whole aircraft is being painted and then a clearcoat is sprayed over them along with the rest of the plane.

Sponsored

DNoelleNJ

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS 2018 Wrangler JL Mojito!
There is one that is just outside NYC in NJ> I am in Brooklyn often but I'm usually driving my SS. Spent several hours driving in Brooklyn today
Im right in NJ outside of NYC. =)

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect