Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the Jeep stencil? Did you make it yourself? If so, out of what material?
It’s plastidip , looks like it was just over sprayed and excess peeled off.
Sponsored

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
So weird...Dealer should have the most accurate information....
I went to visit the dealer last night and was told my Jeep's on the train. I think they just told me it was coming tomorrow to try to get me to sign the financing papers in July for their sales numbers :facepalm:

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I went to visit the dealer last night and was told my Jeep's on the train. I think they just told me it was coming tomorrow to try to get me to sign the financing papers in July for their sales numbers :facepalm:
When you are paying cash and have already sold your previous vehicle via another channel AND you state that you do not want to hear the pitch for add-on equipment or extended warranty, you would be surprised how quick the paperwork goes. Maybe not as quick as ordering a meal from McDonald's, but probably as quick as ordering one from Fuddruckers...

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
When you are paying cash and have already sold your previous vehicle via another channel AND you state that you do not want to hear the pitch for add-on equipment or extended warranty, you would be surprised how quick the paperwork goes. Maybe not as quick as ordering a meal from McDonald's, but probably as quick as ordering one from Fuddruckers...
Yup I know. i just bought a JKU from this dealer in January. That one was totaled after 4 days of ownership and I started my Mojito journey....

aggie_nyc

First Name
Agnes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara, 2005 Ford Freestyle
Hi all! Any recommendations for a hood lock? I checked out Bolt but they dont have the option to select 2018 as your model year. Definitely need one living in Brooklyn.....still have yet to see a Mojito in NYC...hoping im the first haha:handsinair:;)

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yup I know. i just bought a JKU from this dealer in January. That one was totaled after 4 days of ownership and I started my Mojito journey....
That's a bit of bad luck... What caused the totalling of the vehicle?

Adam0311

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
Operations Officer and Armorer for the NMUSAF
Hi all! Any recommendations for a hood lock? I checked out Bolt but they dont have the option to select 2018 as your model year. Definitely need one living in Brooklyn.....still have yet to see a Mojito in NYC...hoping im the first haha:handsinair:;)
MOPAR makes one and it takes your already existing key, so you won't have to worry about carrying and losing another key. I believe they run around $150, but I may be mistaken.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/hood-lock-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

Last edited:

MNSeapilot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Got an email from the dealer last night, our Mojito! arrived on the lot yesterday and they can have it ready for pickup today!!!!! If all goes well I think the first Mojito! in MN will hit the road tonight.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It’s plastidip , looks like it was just over sprayed and excess peeled off.
No no, I mean it looks like there's a flat piece of material that is covering the body of the Jeep between the "Jeep" letters? You just sprayed plastidip across all of the Jeep decal, including the body of your Jeep, over the Mojito! Paint? If so, how did you make sure that the plastidip stayed on the "Jeep" letters and was removed from your paint?

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
No no, I mean it looks like there's a flat piece of material that is covering the body of the Jeep between the "Jeep" letters? You just sprayed plastidip across all of the Jeep decal, including the body of your Jeep, over the Mojito! Paint? If so, how did you make sure that the plastidip stayed on the "Jeep" letters and was removed from your paint?
where ever there is a break, the plastidip peals....

Sponsored

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Check out this YouTube video, it shows how to do it. I did 4 coats with 15 min to dry (was a hot day as well) between coats. Used a toothpick to get the rubber out inside the 'e'. First time using Plasti Dip... I was shocked. Turned out perfect.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Check out this YouTube video, it shows how to do it. I did 4 coats with 15 min to dry (was a hot day as well) between coats. Used a toothpick to get the rubber out inside the 'e'. First time using Plasti Dip... I was shocked. Turned out perfect.
I have to think that there's a good chance it would come off the first time you pressure wash it.

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara Mojito Turbo / 21 2dr Rubicon Hydro Blue
I did my papers last night. Last day of month. It was a frenzy. But I got them down even more on price. So I don’t mind. Mine will hopefully be here within a week. I am going to bug him every day now until it comes.

Gang Green

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase
50C32C85-BD06-46D1-AA83-7DE66EEFD485.jpeg
Mail call! Wheels are for the Jeep, clearly. Pool floaty is for me. Anybody else had enough rain to last them a year or five on the eastern seaboard? :rain:

Snowjeep

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Ridgeline
Introducing 'MoJo' my new 2018 JL Rubicon
Ordered 5/17/18 and Delivered 7/12/18
Modifications all installed last week, photos by yours truly.

_DSC7210---Copy.jpg

_DSC7178---Copy.jpg

_DSC7180---Copy.jpg

_DSC7181---Copy.jpg

_DSC7182---Copy.jpg

_DSC7190---Copy.jpg

_DSC7195---Copy.jpg

_DSC7196---Copy.jpg

_DSC7197---Copy.jpg

_DSC7198---Copy.jpg

_DSC7205---Copy.jpg

_DSC7207---Copy.jpg

_DSC7209---Copy.jpg

_DSC7212---Copy.jpg
Seeing ^^THIS^^ makes me seriously consider ordering Mojito if it's still an available color when I get to buying. Sweet rig and great pictures!
Sponsored