Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

tikidog

First Name
Kevin & Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ; 2017 JKR; 2018 JLR HellaYella; 2018 JLUR Mojito!

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Regarding painted dash panels, something to consider:

The airbag is attached to the back of the passenger side dash panel. It looks to me as if the airbag was installed in a plastic frame and the frame was glued to the dash piece. I don’t know if it can be detached. I don’t know if airbags can be shipped easily. I don’t know if it is important to keep your original airbag due to recall issues. (I wish I thought of that before I changed out my grey panels for the red ones). It may be best to bring your panels to a local shop for an estimate.

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase
If the cost of the two panels isn't too expensive and are available, he could take orders from all who are interested. Then order panel sets, paint as a group and then ship. This would also facilitate each of us being able to do a panel swap and not have to wait out the painting process.
Or just pick up a couple of sets and do them as a core. Priced accordingly, he wouldn’t have to sit on a stock of them.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
My jeep has this issue. Is this adjustable? I figured it may be, but I haven't had the time to look into it yet.
This is a problem that needs to be addressed and fixed/corrected. You can read through some comments here:

https://www.facebook. com/groups/jeepwranglerjl/permalink/1014060645441660/

One also states "on the JL forums Jeep Cares is requesting people private message them their information so they can get it looked at. Seems to not be all jeeps, fix has ranged from replacing steering box to adjustments"

Sponsored

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
Forgot I had bought a waterproof camera a couple years ago to take when I go fishing...;)

ll.jpg

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Reports of people checking out Mojito! JLs made me think of something... Nobody outside of my immediate household family even knows that I'm getting a JLUR . My parents don't know, my friends don't know, my workmates don't know. Does anybody else stay tight-lipped about things like this? Heck, about 15 years ago when my wife and I built a brand new home on the Florida coast nobody knew but the two of us, and that was a two-year build.

Edit... all of you folks know. Lol.
Parents my sis and about 6 friends knew i was getting it...lol. I was too excited about it. However most people I work with still dont know i have it. I work with some interesting individuals that love to be in people's biz...that "highschool mentality"...so im tight-lipped when it comes to them...

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the Rubicon already comes with window tint from the factory. Is anyone planning on adding tint to their Mojito or have done it that would like to post picture.
This will be next with me. @WranglerMan told me about his ceramic tint he got installed here in h-town...I'm contemplating going with his guys or my dealership. Not sure yet. Will post pics when i do tho!

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Driving my Mojito! On a road trip and had some fun encounters. Came out from lunch and had 3 gentlemen oohing and ahing over the jeep and the color. They loved it. We spent a while chatting with them.

Then as we were driving, approached another Jeep with two guys and I got the most enthusiastic Jeep wave from BOTH!! Lmao. Passenger raised two hands waving and the driver one. It was hilarious.

Nothing like a Mojito to bring out the best in people.
Yea!!! This has been my experience as well! Getting A LOT of enthusiastic waves, giggles from other Jeepers in the city. Even met a guy from this forum last Saturday! They were in his wife's @GrassHopper2018 Mojito! I saw them park and I drove and parked behind them in the street and giggled and talked with them as people drove by! LOL! Had the road blocked a lil! Was hilarious because he was like... "wait...Taimc is that you?" HAHAHAHA! Freaking awesome!

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase