First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Advertising
Still stuck in JB status, so I'm just planning ahead. My first mod will be ditching the Red dash (having it painted Sting Gray), then installing Katzkin Red/Black leather. Might order a decal for the grab bar. Has anyone tried this yet? It's on ebay for $15.

s-l1600.jpg

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)
Sweet looking rig, love the mods. I have the same wheels coming. What did you do with the center cap for the backup camera? You just cut the center out of the cap? How did you cut it? Is there much obstruction from the tire when using the backup camera?

Steve
The smaller centercap should just pop out.

Col Oliver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler UL Rubicon, 2015 Indian Scout, 2015 Challenger Shaker, 1979 Triumph TR8
Parked mine at the airport for a week while on work travel.. or aka coating all flat surfaces with bird and airplane droppings

RDT300

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
20180722_194136.jpg

20180722_175721.jpg

Flipped my rear bump stops, added the tailgate reinforcement and moved my CB antenna from the make shift location to the proper mount. Bump stop flip is for the 37's.
What antenna mount did you use on the tailgate bracket???

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)
Sweet looking rig, love the mods. I have the same wheels coming. What did you do with the center cap for the backup camera? You just cut the center out of the cap? How did you cut it? Is there much obstruction from the tire when using the backup camera?

Steve
Thanks and yes i cut it but i did it in the shop that i got everything installed. I can see whats necessary with the opening but sacrificing the wider view. If you need to see everything around you then i dont recommend. I sacrificed that for the esthetics. Thanks again

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)
I love the look of the Armory wheels but that -18 offset is just to much for my taste. I wish Black Rhino had more variations.
You are right, i would go with -12 if they had one but in the other hand it gives the rig such an aggresive stance, is really eye catching. If you stand in front of it looks like a monster truck in a sense.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe

NovaJeep68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 JKU, 2012 JK (sold), 2011 JKUR (sold)
Mounted my 37" Nitto Trails on stock suspension and 1.75" Spidertrax spacers while I get the Fox shocks for my RK 2.5" lift. No rubbing for a daily, but I'm sure it will if you try to flex it. Also, the 37" spare fit on the tire carrier by airing it down a bit and moving the 3rd brake light up one screw hole!

IMG_5539.JPG

IMG_5540.JPG

IMG_5547.JPG
Like your side rails/steps. Brand?

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Still stuck in JB status, so I'm just planning ahead. My first mod will be ditching the Red dash (having it painted Sting Gray), then installing Katzkin Red/Black leather. Might order a decal for the grab bar. Has anyone tried this yet? It's on ebay for $15.

s-l1600.jpg
Do you have the direct link on eBay for the grab bar decal? I searched for it, but couldn't find it.

RDT300

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The Mopar tailgate reinforcement bracket comes with a place to mount an antenna. Just needed a half inch longer bolt.
Yep. I have the Reinforcement bracket also and saw that the normal antenna stud mount wasn’t long enough. Where did u get the longer bolt or stud from. ? Thanks