Amazon sent me two Racor lifts...

Options...

• Total voters

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Torn. Oddly enough, amazon sent me 2 Racor lifts. They only charged me for one. I emailed and they said I could send one back. I could also do nothing and have a second lift for free (and or for sale to someone for a discount). What should I do?! :headbang:
Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
If they said you can keep it, keep it. (Autocorrect originally corrected to “Jeep it”, appropriate).

OP
OP
Shooting or Jeeping

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
If they said you can keep it, keep it. (Autocorrect originally corrected to “Jeep it”, appropriate).
That’s the trick, actually. They didn’t say either way. They just sent over a shipping label. The assumption is to send it back. But then it says “for a refund” on the notes. It also allows me to cancel.

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
To bad you're not in the ATL. I would def buy it. I was just looking at them on Amazon.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Do a live chat and make clear what their mistake was. I wouldn’t keep it, personally, unless they say that you can (i.e. shipping and restocking isn’t worth it to them) If you can afford a JL, you can afford to do the right thing, IMO.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I vote to pass it forward to someone who could - and will - use it, don't make a profit off it. Or turn it into a JLWranglerforums giveaway.

StingGrayRubi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Since you posted asking what you should do, my opinion is to send it back and make sure they don't refund you. I believe that this would best represent the Jeep community. I understand some may feel different, to each their own!

I'm a firm believer in karma :)

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve been sent double orders by Amazon twice. I also received several others intended for someone else. In each case I was advised by Amazon that I could keep the items if I like. Kept one. Gave others away as I couldn’t use them and they were not expensive items that I could sell.

Sell it.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
No judging here but I'd send it back with no refund.

On the orders page at Amazon, click Return or Replace item. On the next page that comes up, select the item and under "Why are you returning this" select, "Received extra item I didn't buy (no refund needed)." Then continue from there..

Best of luck on whatever you decide to do.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I did the same thing a couple weeks ago--

UPS will stop and pick it up(SAME PKG) and give you a receipt-

AMAZON will thank you !

W.E;

JIMBO

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
It's funny, I also believe in doing the right thing and sending it back. However, a similar dilemma happened to me about a year ago. Out of the blue I received a Fitbit that I didn't order. When I tried sending it back, they tried charging me for the item twice. It was a huge thing for weeks. At one point, I was even sent an email asking why I'm returning undamaged items, with a vague threat to shut down my Prime account should my behavior continue.

In the end it didn't matter, cuz I keep throwing money at Amazon like...

leonardo-dicaprio-throwing-money.jpeg

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
From my experience with Amazon they typically don't ask you to send it back, but a bag of dog food is probably cheaper than the lift. The right thing to do in my opinion is contact customer service and explain it to them. However the decision is yours

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny, I also believe in doing the right thing and sending it back. However, a similar dilemma happened to me about a year ago. Out of the blue I received a Fitbit that I didn't order. When I tried sending it back, they tried charging me for the item twice. It was a huge thing for weeks. At one point, I was even sent an email asking why I'm returning undamaged items, with a vague threat to shut down my Prime account should my behavior continue.

In the end it didn't matter, cuz I keep throwing money at Amazon like...

leonardo-dicaprio-throwing-money.jpeg
Same here. Got sent someone else’s order before and then when I tried to do the right thing, they tried charging me and all sorts of craziness. I believe they say keep it because their system just can't Figure out what to do with product that they don’t show actually went to you. They also don’t know if you tampered with an item and it is safer for them to just write it off. My 2 cents... you called and told them, they say you can keep, pay it forward.
Sponsored