Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Yup that's green with envy... My challenger has PGE accents...

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
All rubicons have the same grille inserts, and yes they are a dark gray, not quite black color. I was just under the impression that the Mopar satin black grille was 1 piece but how it seems that it is actually more customizable than the stock sport gand rille.
Sport grill is one piece and much cheaper. Rubi and Sahara are multi piece and more expensive. But looks like they might be interchangeable if you replace the whole thing.

Dormamu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 Pacifica Hybrid, 1978 LandCruiser
Working with Natalie from Dennis Dillon as I type this on ordering a Mojito!

Price is great! We'll get exactly what we want for thousands less than our local dealer! :clap::rock::like:

BUT....she says turn around time right now on builds is 12-16 weeks.

WHAT?!? :mad::angry::crying::no:

3 to 4 months?

Grrrr. Well, that leaves lots of time to shop for aftermarket goodies, I guess.

Sponsored

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35

Price is great! We'll get exactly what we want for thousands less than our local dealer! :clap::rock::like:

3 to 4 months?

If thats the case you’ll unfortunately lose almost a full year of depreciation by that point and never have driven it. That’s one off the things I’m weighing right now vs going with 2019. But then if Mojito is discontinued I’ll have to chose another color, an existing build off the lot, or used. Maybe the year end deals will be just as good as the 5% under invoice. Just a matter of finding exactly the options you want with a factory build. If they would just say Mojito will be avail in 2019 my decision would be sooooooo much easier!

Dormamu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 Pacifica Hybrid, 1978 LandCruiser
If they would just say Mojito will be avail in 2019 my decision would be sooooooo much easier!

This is the only reason we're ordering now and not waiting for a 2019.

Mojito!

If I knew they would offer the color for MY2019 we would wait.

I suspect they will offer it, but I like the color enough that we decided not to risk it.

The only Mojito within hundreds of miles is our dealer down street who wants MSRP for it. By ordering at Dennis Dillon we got exactly what we wanted option-wise and saved $6,000 off MSRP.

Last edited:

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR

3 to 4 months?

4 month order —> delivery time is now Double D's standard response. Just a matter of CYA. And if it comes in much earlier, then their customers are much happier.

Sponsored

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
Took her to the beach today... OBX. Salvo loving it

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I really like how that grill looks. I like that there’s no rings around the grills or headlights. It’s all Mojito. I don’t like the dark Grey inserts mine had. I put on the Mopar grill because I really liked the look of the one Jeep debuted with the accessory parts. Part of me misses the green though. It’s just a fun color to look at.
I went through the same thing with my Sting-Gray. I thought I would do the black grill or inserts before I got it. Once I got it I realized I liked it just like it is. One great thing about the Sport is it is a little less dressed up and more traditional.

That being said I still dig that black Mopar grill like the Mojito show car, especially on White and Mojito.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
All rubicons have the same grille inserts, and yes they are a dark gray, not quite black color. I was just under the impression that the Mopar satin black grille was 1 piece but how it seems that it is actually more customizable than the stock sport grille.
There are 2 different Mopar grills. One is a primed black Sport grill. The other is the Mopar show grill which includes all the inserts. Sorry to be lazy and not pull the part numbers.

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
Also... mark my words, Mojito! will not be offered MY2019.
Skuuba seems to agree and his dealer, who has some FCA connections, said it would not be an option. I’m still holding out hope! Besides if the 2018 production is indeed pushed further out maybe we’ll know for sure either way.

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
Skuuba seems to agree and his dealer, who has some FCA connections, said it would not be an option. I’m still holding out hope! Besides if the 2018 production is indeed pushed further out maybe we’ll know for sure either way.
Her but that is ok. . And My dealer’s connection supposedly is his college roommate. Not sure who and what level. But I hated my college roommate so go figure.
Sponsored