greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase
The stock Rubicon grill comes with dark gray inserts, the new grill comes with its own matte black inserts.
I’ll have to look a bit closer then. Mine seem to be black.
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
.... - The only thing i don't like is when i come to a complete stop and the brake is depressed fully, the engine turns off (ESS)...then restarts as i release the brake. I hate that....I feel like my starter is gonna become faulty, or worn out because it's cranking too often...gonna see if I can disable it! ....
Thanks for those that told me where to disable the ESS! I'm easily remembering to disengage it after initial startup...so doesn't bother me much, yet. I suppose I should not worry about my starter... found this in the manual:

"ESS vehicles have been upgraded with a heavy duty starter, enhanced battery, and other upgraded engine parts, to handle the additional engine starts. Vehicles equipped with eTorque contain a heavy duty motor generator and an additional hybrid electric battery to store energy from vehicle deceleration for use on engine startup after a stop as well as providing launch torque assist. NOTE: It is recommended that the Start/Stop System be disabled during off-road use."

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I was patient... apparently not.
My salesman told me he update me every 2 days.
That was over a week ago
Can anyone look it up for me?
1c4hjxeg6jw251781
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Whoa... check your PM.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Found it! Picking up Monday or Tuesday
Get it ASAP.
Your dealer has the price listed with an expiration date and has it available for sale. IDK if this is normal or not.
Price Expires at Midnight,7/15/2018
This Vehicle Is Available For Sale as of 7/15/2018

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
There is a button that you can hit to turn off
The whole turning off at stoplight thing. But you have to hit it every freaking time you start the car. i think it is the second from the left on bottom Row....
Thank you! :)

And WTF is with the key fob! Could they have made it any bigger?
Hahaha! You're so right...today I was driving my momz around and when i put my fob in the cup holder...she picked it up and said "what is this?" I pressed the button and my key swung out...and I told her it was the key to the locks and a mechanism to allow me to start the Jeep. She said "oh...I thought it was like a miniature tool kit and that it was a small screw driver "like" tool that flicked out! This is sorta big aint it??" She had me rolling! :cwl:

Sponsored

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
I have to wonder if they were there to smooth the airflow a bit to help with fuel economy.
I do like the looks of them removed, but I was wondering about the airflow also.
Not so much about fuel economy, but I'm sure there was a lot of wind tunnel time looking at the new hood venting, etc.

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Got my build sheet today. Only a few more months of inspection and shipping and I can join you lucky peeps.
I finally got movement today as well. No build sheet yet but the Jeep Care person said it has been built but awaiting special installations. No idea what that is since it's a base Sport model but I'll take any movement at this point.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I thought that firecracker red rubis came with black inserts. Maybe white too?
All rubicons have the same grille inserts, and yes they are a dark gray, not quite black color. I was just under the impression that the Mopar satin black grille was 1 piece but how it seems that it is actually more customizable than the stock sport grille.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
Just got back from doing a little grocery shopping and ran through the dealership I purchased mine from and see they have a JLU Sport S Mojito! on their lot, and website, so it doesn't look like it's sold.

mo.jpg

mo1.jpg

Moijtio1stjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li
A208D9D3-C00B-4D48-AD9A-F38059158DD0.jpeg
78017D11-22B9-432A-A5D1-F838427C34BD.jpeg
B111F01A-31E9-45EE-A656-652F381046D8.jpeg
A208D9D3-C00B-4D48-AD9A-F38059158DD0.jpeg
I’ve been modifying my new Jeep this weekend. Changed the hard top for the soft top and put some decals on the hood and side. Wired in some interior LED mood lighting and an in wheel third break light. Still trying to find the right wheels.
Nice!!! Where do you get 3rd wheel brake light??? Been looking for it!

shouldnthavesoldmyJEEP

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition, 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker, 2018 JLU Rubicon