MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

Glfpr18

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU Sahara - The Most Awesome Color
Thought I was patient... apparently not.
My salesman told me he update me every 2 days.
That was over a week ago
Can anyone look it up for me?
1c4hjxeg6jw251781
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

TGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
For all of y'all in Texas, and any who visit Texas, my wife and I took our JL to Hidden Falls Adventure Park near Marble Falls, Texas today. Jeep performed flawlessly. We didn't do any extreme trails there, but what we tried, we had no problems. If you ever are in the hill country of Texas, and want to go offroad that park is a great place to go.
Took delivery of wife’s JLUR yesterday, was hoping to go there today but she went down to the river today. Definitely want to go there as we are within 30 minutes of it

aggie_nyc

First Name
Agnes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara, 2005 Ford Freestyle
So, I we took a road trip and are currently out of town with the Lil' Hulk. Drove it at night and currently has 140miles on it. Here is my "assessment":

- The "play' in the steering seemed to have gotten better. Either that or I'm used to it already. Initially it was hard to drive without to hands on the wheel...and that I'm not used to. At higher speeds it seemed more stable.

- The ride feels so MUCH smoother as I consistently drove it at 75mph -80mph for 140 miles (highway miles),

- I started averaging 18mpg, before I left Houston and now I'm at 20mpg...so the engine is breaking in.

- The turning radius IS A BEAST! Freakin love the tightness of it and surprised about it

- The only thing i don't like is when i come to a complete stop and the brake is depressed fully, the engine turns off (ESS)...then restarts as i release the brake. I hate that....I feel like my starter is gonna become faulty, or worn out because it's cranking too often...gonna see if I can disable it!

- It drives wonderfully at night... as we left Houston at 1:00am. High beams are good...and low beams and fogs (are a must) illuminate nicely.

Anyone else have any comments to make on their new Mojitos? What you like, what you don't?

How was the road noise on the highway?

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Whats the name of the dealership that its at? LOL If the price is right I wont mind losing my deposit at the ohio dealer ;)
Airport Chrysler Dodge Jeep
https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...b751aa4252b976a!8m2!3d28.4734859!4d-81.309622

They are a VERY short drive north of the Orlando airport, so if it really is what you want, you can catch a last minute one-way flight down here for less than $300 and then a taxi for the short ride from the airport to the dealership.

They apparently have a couple of Mojito JLU Saharas listed on their website. It might be this one:
https://www.airportcdj.com/vehicle-details/new-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-1C4HJXEG0JW249945

Here's the build sheet for it:
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C4HJXEG0JW249945
And here's the window sticker:
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXEG0JW249945

Of course, you would need to finalize the deal over the phone and put a deposit on it to ensure they would hold it for you. You wouldn't want to waste the money on the flight down here only to find out the vehicle was sold while you were traveling down here. :)

I'm headed back to Houston on Monday... Good luck with your search...

Sponsored

aggie_nyc

First Name
Agnes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara, 2005 Ford Freestyle
Airport Chrysler Dodge Jeep
https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...b751aa4252b976a!8m2!3d28.4734859!4d-81.309622

They are a VERY short drive north of the Orlando airport, so if it really is what you want, you can catch a last minute one-way flight down here for less than $300 and then a taxi for the short ride from the airport to the dealership.

They apparently have a couple of Mojito JLU Saharas listed on their website. It might be this one:
https://www.airportcdj.com/vehicle-details/new-2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-1C4HJXEG0JW249945

Here's the build sheet for it:
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C4HJXEG0JW249945
And here's the window sticker:
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXEG0JW249945

Of course, you would need to finalize the deal over the phone and put a deposit on it to ensure they would hold it for you. You wouldn't want to waste the money on the flight down here only to find out the vehicle was sold while you were traveling down here. :)

I'm headed back to Houston on Monday... Good luck with your search...

Wow thanks for all the info :) That sticker is 300 below what I ordered so ill have to think about it!! Safe travels back to Houston!

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I finally got around to installing my hitch and wanted to provide feedback for anyone who is going to add one. I ended up with the curt JL because the smittybilt JK didn't fit for me, even though others have had luck with it. This one fit right on, but definitely required a rubber mallet to get it all the way up. Once in place, the provided bolts fit in 2 of the 4 holes. I'm not sure why the holes in the frame are different sizes. I ended up buying M12 bolts and nuts to replace the two that wouldn't fit and these fit perfectly in the frame holes. Other than that hiccup, it would have been on in 15 minutes.
Only tools required were a rubber mallet, wrench for the nut, and socket for the bolt.

20180714_145344.jpg

20180714_145353.jpg

20180714_145406.jpg

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
So, I we took a road trip and are currently out of town with the Lil' Hulk. Drove it at night and currently has 140miles on it. Here is my "assessment":

- The "play' in the steering seemed to have gotten better. Either that or I'm used to it already. Initially it was hard to drive without to hands on the wheel...and that I'm not used to. At higher speeds it seemed more stable.

- The ride feels so MUCH smoother as I consistently drove it at 75mph -80mph for 140 miles (highway miles),

- I started averaging 18mpg, before I left Houston and now I'm at 20mpg...so the engine is breaking in.

- The turning radius IS A BEAST! Freakin love the tightness of it and surprised about it

- The only thing i don't like is when i come to a complete stop and the brake is depressed fully, the engine turns off (ESS)...then restarts as i release the brake. I hate that....I feel like my starter is gonna become faulty, or worn out because it's cranking too often...gonna see if I can disable it!

- It drives wonderfully at night... as we left Houston at 1:00am. High beams are good...and low beams and fogs (are a must) illuminate nicely.

Anyone else have any comments to make on their new Mojitos? What you like, what you don't?
There is a button that you can hit to turn off
The whole turning off at stoplight thing. But you have to hit it every freaking time you start the car. i think it is the second from the left on bottom
Row. I keep forgetting and turn it off when it comes back on after the light turns green.

The steering play definitely gets better or I got used to it too. I drove it home on the Merritt Parkway with absolutely no shoulder at times with barriers and it freaked me out how It drifted.

My only items on the wish list is that the driver seat go back another inch or two. It doesn’t even slide back as far as the passenger. And WTF is with the key fob! Could they have made it any bigger?

I love the ride. Feels like they put a little truck back into it with a very nice feel.

Been on the highway and no issue with soft top noise. And the top is crazy easy to go up and down.

TGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Yeah, I saw my first Mojito at a dealership here in San Antonio yesterday. It was very similar to that one. I've never liked the Saharas, too much of the same color. Much prefer the black top and fenders. But did like the green color so glad I ordered a Mojito. Now if it would just show some movement, any movement, in getting built.
It by chance wasn’t at Ancira? We picked up my wife’s JLUR yesterday. She went with the black hardtop and colored fenders. Not too much green..

bkjunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota FJ, 2014 Nissan 370z, 2003 Mini Cooper s
Yeah, I saw my first Mojito at a dealership here in San Antonio yesterday. It was very similar to that one. I've never liked the Saharas, too much of the same color. Much prefer the black top and fenders. But did like the green color so glad I ordered a Mojito. Now if it would just show some movement, any movement, in getting built.
Which SA dealership? I might swing buy and take a look.

Nevermind... found the answer in subsequent posts.

Sponsored

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
Well.... I just heard from @JeepCares . My original order from April 10th is scrap. They're starting over. New VON, new VIN, over 3 months later and back to D1. :( #FML

Glfpr18

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU Sahara - The Most Awesome Color
Thought I was patient... apparently not.
My salesman told me he update me every 2 days.
That was over a week ago
Can anyone look it up for me?
1c4hjxeg6jw251781
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Found it! Picking up Monday or Tuesday
Sponsored