Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys....just a FYI for people considering waiting until 2019....
I was at my other division yesterday which makes the transfer cases for the JL and I was talking to a friend as he was checking out my Mojito....
Apparently all the Rubicons going to the EU will have Selec-Trac transfer case (4WD High Auto). This was the biggest issue I had with choosing the Rubicon. Living in Michigan, it's nice having AWD due to small snow patches here or there or snow just popping up but maybe not enough to use 4WD Full time. Obviously in the end, all the other options of the Rubicon sold me.
FCA is increasing orders for the Selec-trac T-case in the next few months, which lines up with 2019 North America models....he is assuming that it will an option on the 2019 Rubicons then.
Also another side note as I was curious, he believes and they are currently testing, that the new Rubicon Selec-Trac should be a drop in replacement for ours. He thinks it might need to be reflashed, but that would be it.
If this is the case, I'm hoping he can grab me one of theirs and throw it in for me, ya know, as a sample test ;)

Just thought that might be of interest to anyone considering waiting (even though Mojito might not be available in 2019, who knows)
Interesting information. Did your connection say whether that case will cross to the JT Scrambler?

Now that mama's got her Mojito!, that option might make getting the JT more enticing.
Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Interesting information. Did your connection say whether that case will cross to the JT Scrambler?

Now that mama's got her Mojito!, that option might make getting the JT more enticing.
I'm fairly certain it'll be the same options as the JL. When I was at that division, we were just starting to quote the JT.

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unbelievable! All who say pics don’t do it justice, percent correct. I’ve been waiting for a color like this for a really long time!

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
This is going to make a few of you sick....so apologies in advance
I did not order my Mojito; I was searching dealer inventories once I knew they started producing Mojitos in mid June
I responded to a salesman's post on a Facebook JL Owners site that he had 2 Mojito Rubicons on the lot on the evening of 6-25; I made the deal the next day(all on Facebook messenger) and drove from NJ to Michigan to pick it up on 6-28

So hang in there, It is definitely worth the wait. I have not seen a picture yet that does this color justice!
build date.jpg

According to my Door plate, My Jeep was built on 6-20 at 1pm; so it took 5 days after it left the line to make the 1 hour trip from Toledo to Michigan
I can relate to your pains of waiting; 2 years ago, I ordered a Chevy SS in Late August; It was built in November in Australia, finally hit the California port in late January then my Texas dealer in late Feb and I picked it up on March 15th and drove it 5 glorious days home. 7-1/2 months
What dealer did you go to?

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do a hemi swap in that thing already??? Doing donuts on day 1? lol
:cwl::cwl::cwl:

I wish! Just a nice semi sunny empty culdesac near my job that was perfect for the first in person pics!

khisanth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLU, 1967 Chevy Camaro 350SS
Anyone waiting for their Mojito near NE South Dakota? Put a hold on one at the dealer that was in transit. I’m overly excited, fell in love with the color instantly!
Nope but when I come home to visit next summer I'll be sure to drive mine around up north- I'm from Sioux Falls :)

Sponsored

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect

Qurtyslyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Interesting! I havent seen a Mojito anywhere in Houston...whether it's a dealer's lot or on the roads or at people's homes. That was the reason I had to order mine...they had Sport JLUs with my configuration except none were Mojito and I had two dealers that checked within a 600mile radius...and they couldn't find one. So...yea, to see my Mojito and to see the other Houstonians' Mojitos will be ridic awesomee and rare!!!

Gratzz on your Jeep!
As far as I know, none of the dealers I work for in Houston have gotten a Mojito in.
Sponsored