MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
I think no matter if Mojito is available for 2019 or not, there are enough sitting on dealer lots (instead of customers’ driveways) that last minute purchases can be made to get the color.

My dealer does seem to have connections as he had my Jeep direct shipped whatever that means. One minute I am stuck in Inspection and the next he has my Jeep. It took a week for the paperwork to catch up it happened so crazy fast.

He said the 2018 will be extended 60 days longer than usual delaying the 2019 from typical start. I have no clue what usual means or typical start. I am simply passing on the tidbits he said. He is an extremely laid back dealer. This is my second Jeep from him. I have never signed or made a deposit for either order. I just show up with a personal check and he gives me the keys. I have been fortunate to always have a great trade in with really low miles.

Do I trust what he says—80%. I pass two closer dealers who have screwed me in the past to deal with him. One dealer let me walk over a $180 price increase between quote and check in hand. They refused to honor their quote so I walked. Another dealer withdrew their lifetime free oil changes because I was treadlightly.

Anyway, I spent the evening getting some top-down music on a usb drive to accompany my ride home tomorrow with my new baby. Got my new tire cover. After trying to figure out what I am going to put on the tire cover, I decided on a clock face set at 5 o’clock and “somewhere” where the time logo would normally go. Never too early for a Mojito!!
You know...I really hope it gets discontinued for 2019 because I have always been about owning unique/rare things. After two weeks of ownership I am still blown away with how good this Jeep looks...I have not had the top on but one day since bringing it home and it is pretty cool to hear comments from literally everyone at stoplights etc.

I get tired of vehicles very quickly but I genuinely believe I will own this Jeep longer than any of my prior vehicles...really looking forward to starting mods in the VERY near future. I have never been this excited for a vehicle.

Quick observation - I haven’t been able to post on here for about a week but it looks like the usual suspects are still Jeepless (sorry guys/gals!!), but at least there seems to be movement for some of you! :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase
You know...I really hope it gets discontinued for 2019 because I have always been about owning unique/rare things. After two weeks of ownership I am still blown away with how good this Jeep looks...I have not had the top on but one day since bringing it home and it is pretty cool to hear comments from literally everyone at stoplights etc.

I get tired of vehicles very quickly but I genuinely believe I will own this Jeep longer than any of my prior vehicles...really looking forward to starting mods in the VERY near future. I have never been this excited for a vehicle.

Quick observation - I haven’t been able to post on here for about a week but it looks like the usual suspects are still Jeepless (sorry guys/gals!!), but at least there seems to be movement for some of you! :fingerscrossed:
And the question for you is...have you seen any other Mojito!’s out in the wild in your area yet? I know for a fact (as much as the systems allow the dealer to see...) that I have the only one on the road in the PDX Metro area, and that LIKELY it is the first in Oregon!

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
And the question for you is...have you seen any other Mojito!’s out in the wild in your area yet? I know for a fact (as much as the systems allow the dealer to see...) that I have the only one on the road in the PDX Metro area, and that LIKELY it is the first in Oregon!
I have not personally seen them but there are a few in my area (Seattle) that have been posted in this thread.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

You know... I haven't seen ONE Mojito in Houston yet...I know there are at least 3 Houstonians, on this forum, who ordered a Mojito and they have finally been delivered to the Dealer...I cant WAIT to see some lovely green Jeeps rolling down the freeways! :dance:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I think no matter if Mojito is available for 2019 or not, there are enough sitting on dealer lots (instead of customers’ driveways) that last minute purchases can be made to get the color.

My dealer does seem to have connections as he had my Jeep direct shipped whatever that means. One minute I am stuck in Inspection and the next he has my Jeep. It took a week for the paperwork to catch up it happened so crazy fast.

He said the 2018 will be extended 60 days longer than usual delaying the 2019 from typical start. I have no clue what usual means or typical start. I am simply passing on the tidbits he said. He is an extremely laid back dealer. This is my second Jeep from him. I have never signed or made a deposit for either order. I just show up with a personal check and he gives me the keys. I have been fortunate to always have a great trade in with really low miles.

Do I trust what he says—80%. I pass two closer dealers who have screwed me in the past to deal with him. One dealer let me walk over a $180 price increase between quote and check in hand. They refused to honor their quote so I walked. Another dealer withdrew their lifetime free oil changes because I was treadlightly.

Anyway, I spent the evening getting some top-down music on a usb drive to accompany my ride home tomorrow with my new baby. Got my new tire cover. After trying to figure out what I am going to put on the tire cover, I decided on a clock face set at 5 o’clock and “somewhere” where the time logo would normally go. Never too early for a Mojito!!
Interesting! I havent seen a Mojito anywhere in Houston...whether it's a dealer's lot or on the roads or at people's homes. That was the reason I had to order mine...they had Sport JLUs with my configuration except none were Mojito and I had two dealers that checked within a 600mile radius...and they couldn't find one. So...yea, to see my Mojito and to see the other Houstonians' Mojitos will be ridic awesomee and rare!!!

Gratzz on your Jeep!

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
not seen a single Mojito in my town yet either!

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
I so love being one of a few. I used to get so many people taking pictures of my gecko. And I actually had two notes left that gave me their phome number for when I wanted to sell it. Lol i am sad to see it go.

I pulled up behind a mojito in my gecko. The first I had seen. But I know a lot of dealers around here show one or two in their inventory. Someone I know ordered one and came over to tell me she loved my jeep so much she ordered one. I had to tell her that my current Jeep wasn’t the color she ordered. Kinda like telling someone the big present isn’t theirs. Then asked what deal she got and she said no deal. Ugh. Double deflated. It was too funny.

But it will be a small club even if some are around. There are 5 geckos in my area and always an extra excited Jeep wave even across multi-lane roads.

Kerfien

First Name
Lesli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Mojito! 1998 Eclipse Sypder. 1993 Honda Prelude
Anyone waiting for their Mojito near NE South Dakota? Put a hold on one at the dealer that was in transit. I’m overly excited, fell in love with the color instantly!

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Hey guys....just a FYI for people considering waiting until 2019....
I was at my other division yesterday which makes the transfer cases for the JL and I was talking to a friend as he was checking out my Mojito....
Apparently all the Rubicons going to the EU will have Selec-Trac transfer case (4WD High Auto). This was the biggest issue I had with choosing the Rubicon. Living in Michigan, it's nice having AWD due to small snow patches here or there or snow just popping up but maybe not enough to use 4WD Full time. Obviously in the end, all the other options of the Rubicon sold me.
FCA is increasing orders for the Selec-trac T-case in the next few months, which lines up with 2019 North America models....he is assuming that it will an option on the 2019 Rubicons then.
Also another side note as I was curious, he believes and they are currently testing, that the new Rubicon Selec-Trac should be a drop in replacement for ours. He thinks it might need to be reflashed, but that would be it.
If this is the case, I'm hoping he can grab me one of theirs and throw it in for me, ya know, as a sample test ;)

Just thought that might be of interest to anyone considering waiting (even though Mojito might not be available in 2019, who knows)

harry17815

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep, 2017 Infinity, 2021 C8 Vette
Once it is KZ they consider it in-transit even if it is still on the lot in Toledo.
Not according to Jeep chat. They said the dealer should not be stating it is in transit until it leaves there lot.

harry17815

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep, 2017 Infinity, 2021 C8 Vette
Interesting! I havent seen a Mojito anywhere in Houston...whether it's a dealer's lot or on the roads or at people's homes. That was the reason I had to order mine...they had Sport JLUs with my configuration except none were Mojito and I had two dealers that checked within a 600mile radius...and they couldn't find one. So...yea, to see my Mojito and to see the other Houstonians' Mojitos will be ridic awesomee and rare!!!

Gratzz on your Jeep!
I've not seen any Mojito's in my area either.
Sponsored